• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: [Gen III]: Jambo51's Tool Showcase

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
Hey guys, and welcome to my tool showcase!

Battle Script Pro
Spoiler:

Unnamed Trainer Editor
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
Judging the screenshots, it IS user-friendly, right?
Is it hard to make battle scripts?
Sorry for the noob question but is there a battle script tutorial included?

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
Judging the screenshots, it IS user-friendly, right?
Is it hard to make battle scripts?
Sorry for the noob question but is there a battle script tutorial included?

No, but I'm currently waiting on a tutorial thread to be approved. As to user friendliness, you tell me. It looks OK to me, but I'm likely to be biased. Feedback is always appreciated!

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
Oh, I hope that thread gets approved soon. Yep checked it. It's definitely user friendly for those who learned scripting. So for anyone who plans to use this, learn scripting in XSE first. BTW Jambo51, tool's great! It works real smooth. Thanks!

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
Oh hey there! Jambo51, can we apply battle scripts on wild Pokemon?

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
Battle scripts can be specifically applied to wild Pokémon, yes. Their most common use is for moves, but realistically, they can be used for several purposes when you manipulate them correctly.

Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2013
Wow, I was hoping for a tool to change move effects!, I think I said it in one of the research threads, thanks a lot.

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
Hey guys, this is just a post to advise you that you should update the tool and all the data files. I didn't realise when I put together the .RAR before that I was bundling an outdated version of the .exe file. Sorry about that!

I also changed it to a .ZIP file since that tends to be an easier format to decompress.

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
Jambo Jambo Jambo! Can I please import my syntax highlighting in to it? Please oh please?

Uh, speak to me on the IRC when you get a chance, and we can discuss this. I tried to add to add it before, but there were problems with its implementation.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
I have a question though.

This helps you to create new effects for moves, and slightly simplifies the actual insertion of a battle script as the tool compiles and inserts it for you!

So, basically, this tool will only add effects to already-existing (or newly inserted) moves, right? :3

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
I have a question though.

So, basically, this tool will only add effects to already-existing (or newly inserted) moves, right? :3

Well, yes and no. You can wholesale replace move effects if you so desire, and it's quite happy to insert into new move effect slots if you tell it to.

But the tool itself won't do the hard work of repointing the tables which need to be repointed to add new moves, nor will it insert the necessary asm and movesets for if you want to have more than 0x1FF moves in total.

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
Years
I've been having problems with the most recent version. Whenever I want to decompile or compile anything on a rom, it either causes the 'unhandled exception' message, or says the rom is unable to read. I was wondering if anyone else is having this problem?

I have changed the location of the move effect table and have replaced the .ini accordingly. I've even tried using it on a blank fire red rom and couldn't get it to work either.

If anyone knows a solution, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
Could you be more specific?

Are you getting any other error messages, anywhere?

If nothing else, send me a copy of the "Unhandled Exception" error logs in a PM and I'll see what is causing the issues.

ETA: It looks somewhat like the executable or the inis or something got corrupted in the last upload. I've reuploaded now, with a nice new feature too!

Last edited:
Back