• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Worst Eevee evolution?

Worst eevee evolution?

• Glaceon

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Flareon

Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Leafeon

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Espeon

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Umbreon

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Jolteon

• Vaporeon

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
I'm going to say...neither!!! I love all 8 of them (including the new one, Sylveon). How can anyone hate an Eeveelution? They each have their vantage points if you raise them right. Eevee and Eeveelution advocate right here. {:3}

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
I don't technically hate any of them, I just dislike the animal most of them are based on, foxes (I don't like foxes myself).....

but the one I dislike by design the most is Umbreon - of all the Eeveelutions its the one I"m less likely to use in a team.

Years
I dislike Vaporeon the most by design, but even then I still would regard it as 'okay'. I'd struggle to find a use for any of them in a game apart from maybe Jolteon.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
Statwise it is Flareon, but to me I think the worst one is Leafeon, whenever I used one in battle it always fainted to easily.

TweenyTodd

Quitting cuz i got a job
Years
IDK, I use Swords Dance Leafeon a lot, and although its not as good as facade guts ursaring or swellow, i use facade guts flareon.
I personally dislike espeon, just because I find it graphically less appealing than the other 6.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
I don't downright dislike any of them, but if I had to choose I guess I like Vaporeon or Glaceon the least. Both for their design, as the only one I have truly played with is Jolteon (who owned). Vaporeon just isn't very appealing to me, even though I guess it is a clever way to do a feline/canine type water pokémon. Glaceon could have been done much more cool than it is with some icier features or more fur or something. Get the pun? :B

Years
Flareon. The main reason I don't like it as much as the others is due to the fact his movepool doesn't benefit his best stat (Attack) and then again the only two physical STAB moves he gets are really weak in power.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
Everyone's going to answer Flareon, but his problem isn't the lack of moves. It's the fact he's outclassed in most roles.

Giving him the Arcanine treatment (Outrage, Wild Charge, Close Combat, Crunch, and of course Flare Blitz) would help him tremendously, but at the end of the day he's still got only 65 base Speed and is quite easy to kill despite having monstrous Sp.Def. He would be better than Rapidash and Heatmor, but those suck anyway and no one uses them.

That being said... IMO Glaceon has it even worse. Mono-Ice is a poor type. He has good defenses but only one resistance. He's a Special sweeper with no Speed and no moves other than Ice Beam and Shadow Ball. A recipe for disaster.

Truth is all Eeveelutions suck one way or another in battle and the only usable ones are those with good abilities or those which can use well the support moves Eevee gets. Vaporeon fits both criteria. But I think Vaporeon is boring, ha ha. :D

Years
I wouldn't say that I hate any of the Eeveelutions, but Leafeon would have to be my least favorite of the bunch. From its unobvious evolution method (not evolving via an elemental stone like it some of its relatives), to having more weaknesses than any other Eeveelution, I could never see myself using it over any of the others.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
I like all the Eeveelutions, but the one I dislike most has to be Flareon. I'm sure most of the reasons as to why it falls short of the other Eeveelutions have already been said - regarding its poor typing, movepool and stats (bar attack). Flareon's movepool and other stats just do not cater for its remarkably high Attack stat. Usually for a physical sweeper, you need speed, which is something Flareon lacks.

Most of Flareon's STAB Fire-type moves are special, especially the stronger Fire moves, such as Fire Blast and Flamethrower, while Flareon's strongest Physical STAB move is...Fire Fang. Sure, Flareon can use its new Ability, Guts, to boost the power of its physical moves, but it just...doesn't suffice.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
I really like all of the Eeveelutions so I've never found one that I've particularly disliked amongst them. However if I had to choose, I'd say I personally don't really like Leafeon. I used one in Platinum and while its design was pretty interesting and cool, battle-wise it was nothing compared to the wonderful attacker that I imagined. Most grass-type moves classify under the special category, a stat in which Leafeon failed at. Leafeon was more on the physical side and while that was unique for a grass-type it brought a lot of cons. It's only real hardhitting move was Leaf Blade and it learned that at Level 74 which wasn't worth waiting for at all to be honest. I don't mind Flareon though personally. :p

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
I've only used Vaporeon on my team so I can't really judge based on capability....but based on looks I would say Jolteon is my least favourite.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
I voted for Leafeon, but Glaceon is pretty nub too.

Leafeon's best strategy is Leaf Blade and Swords Dance, bleh. It can't cover much type-wise. It can't take a special fire attack to save its life. Its shiny sprite is very bland too.

Glaceon is redundant to me because Vaporeon can use a rockin' Ice Beam. To Glaceon's merit, it does have a powerful STAB Ice Beam / Blizzard. It also has a nice design. So, yeah, sorry Leafy.

Sirfetch’d

I'd say Flareon, just because it dwells at the bottom of NU because of it's horrid movepool. Its not a bad looking Eeveelution at all but its shallow movepool kills i'ts potential to be a great Pokemon.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Like Hikari, I don't like Flareon much at all because of its terrible move pool. I'd say Umbreon too, because of how it can't hurt the opponent too hard, but since it gained Foul Play in B2/W2, I like it just a teensy bit.

Back