• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

So, we have Japan, New York and France, where next?

Where should Gen 7 be located?

• Total voters
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Aug 1, 2021
Being from Southern California it'd be pretty cool to have a region based off of it... You could have two large cities one in the south representing San Diego and one in the north representing LA.
Honestly though I would like to see a game based in Africa, something a bit different from previous generations and have Pokemon that are designed for a far more arid region would be cool.

Terff

the unimportant
Years
Get this genius idea, an entire region... wait for it. Based off of the Sahara desert. All you can catch are Sandiles, Baltoys, Hippopotas and Trapinches. Brilliant AMIRITE?

s0nido

turn up the engine
Years
I'd love to see it based on Africa, though they'd probably step on a few toes and piss a few people off for being racist in one way or another. Not that setting a video game in Africa is racist in itself, but they might make some gross misrepresentation of it in some way or something that they include may be taken offensively, similar to the whole shambles surrounding Jynx.

KamikazeSSoH

Gym leader of São Paulo,brazi
Years
if you think about it. maybe be brazil or U.K but we never know....

Get this genius idea, an entire region... wait for it. Based off of the Sahara desert. All you can catch are Sandiles, Baltoys, Hippopotas and Trapinches. Brilliant AMIRITE?

well trapinches evolves into flygon so yes. :P just put a elekid in there and the game is accept >D

Last edited:

kha111

Upcoming Video Game Master
Years
I'd love to see it based on Africa, though they'd probably step on a few toes and piss a few people off for being racist in one way or another. Not that setting a video game in Africa is racist in itself, but they might make some gross misrepresentation of it in some way or something that they include may be taken offensively, similar to the whole shambles surrounding Jynx.

You're right on that one, gamefreak has sometimes been in the center of controversy especially racial stereotyping. Even in the anime, they cut a episode because it represented racial stereotyping. But, Africa would be great being im African-American. Africa has some good cities and.. sports. But, my problem is if gamefresk does africa, they might badly and offensively stereotype slavery and us being held as slaves.

if you think about it. maybe be brazil or U.K but we never know....

well trapinches evolves into flygon so yes. :P just put a elekid in there and the game is accept >D

I like the concept, but we would get tired of catching those. Trapinch is a hassle due to its ability and you cant flee from wild.

Being from Southern California it'd be pretty cool to have a region based off of it... You could have two large cities one in the south representing San Diego and one in the north representing LA.
Honestly though I would like to see a game based in Africa, something a bit different from previous generations and have Pokemon that are designed for a far more arid region would be cool.

Gamefreak could make a entire universe, with a possibility the old regions can return. They can push 3DS hardware to its limits like Rockstar Games for Grand Theft Auto V. But, all that space would be too large for the 3DS, so they probably could do a RPG on the Wii U. No Pokemon Battle Revolution, that was crap. A Pokemon XD- Colesseum type of approach.

Last edited:

Moltres Rider

Banned
Years
there should be more options... maybe changing Los Angeles to USA because that fits better than having Los Angeles as an option. I can't vote because I'd vote USA in general but you had to be TOO SPECIFIC

kha111

Years
there should be more options... maybe changing Los Angeles to USA because that fits better than having Los Angeles as an option. I can't vote because I'd vote USA in general but you had to be TOO SPECIFIC

Los Angeles itself is specific. You go into a room and scream out L.A loud, you might stir up a discussion. I can picture some of the country being in the game, but..it dosent fit the concept. USA isnt that great and i live and born there, Only places i like is NYC, Miami amd LA.

Ill try to change the poll options due to a request.

I dont think i can change the options being i did not start the thread. The mods merged it somehow.

Last edited:

Outlier

A game set in the Caribbean where we could control our own ships like in AC4 would be cool. I pirate themed pokemon game. I'd buy it.

encas

Don't tread on me.
Years
I hope that Gen. 7 is set in a region based off of Africa, especially if they choose one particular country and try not to mix up their countries. Granted, Unova and Kalos both were unique areas, but you could still easily see New York City and France in their respective regions. I really would hate it if they decided to base the geography off of, say, Kenya, while basing its lore on South Africa or something. Given the travel and research Game Freak did for Gen. 6, I don't think I should be too worried.

IMO, anywhere in Sub-Saharan Africa would work pretty well, especially for plot elements. In fact, I almost only said Sub-Saharan Africa. But then, I read a post on the first page that mused how it would be interesting for the plot to focus on how humans originated in the Pokemon world. Many scientists agree that humans specifically originated in Ethiopia, so I think that would be an interesting country. Also, Madagascar comes to mind; it's about as close to a compromise between Africa and Australia as you can get!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
My preference would be Australia....but I'd also be happy with a location based on Africa or India.

I live in Ireland so obviously I'd love a region based on Ireland....I think the UK and Ireland would end up as the one region.

After that a Scandinavian region (Sweden, Norway, Iceland etc) would be really interesting too.

Taemin

move.
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Honestly, I'd like to see a region based on Spain? It just seems like.. it should happen. Spain has published Pokemon games nearly from the get-go, I believe, and it just seems like it should get a region. Especially before USA gets another region based off of it (the Los Angeles idea).

kha111

Years
Honestly, I'd like to see a region based on Spain? It just seems like.. it should happen. Spain has published Pokemon games nearly from the get-go, I believe, and it just seems like it should get a region. Especially before USA gets another region based off of it (the Los Angeles idea).

Or how about Mexico? Mexico could be another option.

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
Years
I want either Scotland or Canada, both have beautiful countrysides and large cities. Plus I can just see GF making a bagpipe pokemon :D I mean they made a Garbage bag and a Key Ring...so...

Quinn

Shall we get down to business?
Years
I would really like to see a Gen take place in a no wear place that's lost in the woods or something, I don't know why just would be nice to see one with a more open plain and no city's. So i vote down under, in the uninhabited part.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Greece of course. I mean the games had a lot of influence both from the language and from some myths, and it would be interesting how GF would handle a 100% Greek region. Their representation of France was amazing, what with different architectural styles, dialogue flourishes and stuff, and I genuinely believe Greece can be even better.

If not, somewhere in Polynesia, thanks to the strange souvenir.

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
Years
Australia would work, as we have the Old Melbourne Gaol (Pokemon Gravesite?) and such locations, imagine if Flinders Street Station was remodeled into a Gym.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I would like to see a region based on Africa, any place would work. I wouldn't mine a vast savannah. Also if they bring back seasons they could show water holes and other unique aspects of the savannah. Or if they do the Sahara desert they can give us a large desert region, one that's main game. Or perhaps the tropics...or maybe gives us a little of all three...it'll be like Hoenn...but bigger!

Years
Australia would be great i reckon, lots of really cool landscapes such as deserts, beaches and forests plus a load of cool animals that new pokemon could be based on :P i would really like to see an Emu or a Koala like pokemon implemented one day :)

A group of Tropical islands would be cool too i think

Years
Africa! It's a beautiful land with some rich history and environments that I'd love to see incorporated into Pokemon. Though.. Australia is a very close second.

Back