• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Friend Care System (Like Multiple Day Care)

tutoriando

Manoel Afonso
Years
About
This is a system developed by me, similar to Day Care but with some guidelines. This is like a Multiple Day Care System. The original Day Care of Pok?mon Essentials is limited, meaning you can only have one Day Care in your game, and this Day Care can only receive two Pok?mon. The Friend Care is designed to be an alternative to Day Care.

With Friend Care you can leave your Pok?mon and follow your journey, they will receive EXP exactly as if they were in a Day Care, and you can go back to pick them up any time you want.

This plugin was developed and tested on version 17.2 of Pok?mon Essentials, although it also worked on all versions of version 15 ????

Differences
The main differences between Day Care and Friend Care:

• Friend Care can receive as many Pok?mon as you want;
  • Friend Care does not need payment to return the Pok?mon;
  • Friend Care does not generate eggs;
  • You can have as many Friend Cares as you want;

Why Friend Care?
You must have watched the Pok?mon TV anime where the protagonist, Ash Ketchum, always leaves his Pok?mon with random people during the story so they ?train? the Pok?mon for him. My idea was to make a similar system in my game, where an NPC could have some Pok?mon of yours to watch as you go on your journey, then you could go back and get that Pok?mon back whenever you want.

As Ash always leaves his Pok?mon with friends, I thought the Friend Care name would be perfect.

How to install
A complete installation tutorial is on my site, you can click the link below to go to the tutorial.
Tutorial Link: http://manoelafonso.pro.br/games/friendcare-system-to-essentials/

------------

Please, if you will use my code, just give me the credits. I hope I have helped you, and if you have any questions you can leave it in the comments that I will answer.

See you!

Years
It's a good idea for pokemon fan games that have many pokemon to catch / train. For example, if a game as 807 official pokemon, this system helps a lot the players.

etique

etique
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Oct 30, 2022
I thought of an event like this, but as in the anime I thought of it another way, I had to make npc choose a specific pokemon? when Squirtle stayed with Officer Jenny or when Charizard stayed in the Charicific Valley. How can npc only choose a specific pokemon?

Years
I thought of an event like this, but as in the anime I thought of it another way, I had to make npc choose a specific pokemon? when Squirtle stayed with Officer Jenny or when Charizard stayed in the Charicific Valley. How can npc only choose a specific pokemon?

Pokemon essentials maps has some events with that option, if you don't find it, i can give you the code.

tutoriando

Manoel Afonso
Years

You can do this, follow the tutorial on my website normally, in the print I show the NPC event you will see a script call like this:

Code:
muChoosePokemon(1,3,"BUG")

Instead of making this call, you can do this here:

Code:
pbChoosePokemon(1,3,proc {|poke|
     !poke.egg? && poke.species==25})

In that case I am opening the selection of Pok?mon only to those who are of the 25th species, that is, the Pikachu. If you change the number it will pick up just the kind you want, in case the Squirtle would be number 7. :smile:

Last edited:
Years
what? to put a specific pokemon?

tutoriando already answers your question.

I will repeat his answer this way, like a small tutorial:

In an event, call script function and post there one of this solutions:

PHP:
muChoosePokemon(1,3,"BUG")

The first method will search for a specific pokemon type in your party, in this example is BUG type.

PHP:
pbChoosePokemon(1,3,proc {|poke|
     !poke.egg? && poke.species==25})

The second method, probrably the way you want, it will search for a specific pokemon in your party, in this example the event will search for a pokemon that has the number 25 in the pokedex, which is pikachu = n?25.

So, in your case, use the second one in a script event, copy paste this little code and paste there. Note to renumber the number for the specific pokemon you want.

Last edited:

etique

etique
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Oct 30, 2022
I found that in the game, PKM Dimensions the scripts PScreen_Save and the others would already be modified, when I try to follow the turtorial always give error.

etique

etique
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Oct 30, 2022
so when I open the game give this errorSem título.png, then thisSem título2.png, and when I click on the event it happensSem título3.png. I think I did something wrong. I'm Brazilian. I do not understand English.

tutoriando

Manoel Afonso
Years

sonicfan7895

Just a dude, I guess
Years
Hello! I'm having just about the same problem as the user above, except that I can't seem to make it past the Load Screen. I can't even start a new game, oddly enough. I was wondering if you might be able to help me out. Thank you very much if you are! I'm not in any hurry, I've got no projects that need immediate attention. I was just using an Essentials folder as a testbench. I was testing out Version 16.2 to see if it works, and it doesn't seem to. :/

tutoriando

Manoel Afonso
Years
I was just using an Essentials folder as a testbench. I was testing out Version 16.2 to see if it works, and it doesn't seem to. :/

Good evening! I have not tested this system on v16, it was developed and tested only on v17. On the weekend I'll test with v16 for you, probably will not work, I'll try to "upgrade" for you :)

Back