• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

7th Gen Did you complete the Alolan dex?

Years
Did you obtain all Pokémon in the Alolan Dex in either Sun & Moon or Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon? And for those serious collectors, did you collect all available Pokémon even though there is no national dex? If you didn't complete the Alola dex, do you have plans to go back to it to finish sometime?

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
Years
Yes I completed the Alola dex but not the Regional one, though I Pokebank-transfer all my Pokemon to new generations.

It's for the Shiny Charm though.

Years
I have! And I'm kinda proud of myself because it's the first time I've remotely been compelled to complete a Pokedex of any kind. It felt really worth it to have a shiny charm for the first time ever. n.n

Huge props to those who go the extra mile to complete the National Pokedex in other games, though. I can't imagine going through hours and hours of effort for that. x.x

Years
Yes, I completed both Alolan and National dex (that even wasn't in the game). I tried to complete the dex back in Alpha Sapphire, but quickly lost motivation. Then I tried again in Sun and I was able to complete it that time thanks to Soapy.

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Yes I did. Both Moon and Ultra Moon I completed seperate national dexes. That's the fun part of the game for me.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I was trying to when i first picked up sun honestly. But then i didnt even finish the game so nope on the pokedex.

Maybe next gen ill finish the region dex. Maybe.

Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2023
I haven't yet. I think the gen 7 and get 5 Pokedexes are the only ones I haven't completed (though I suppose I technically obtained all of the gen 5 Pokemon in gen 6, as I completed the National Dex there).

There have been two issues for me. First, trying to complete a Pokedex that isn't actually the National Dex feels like a smaller and less meaningful achievement than what I've already done, and I've had trouble motivating myself to do it. Second, I've been feeling burnt out re: Pokedex completion, breeding, etc., all generation. I do plan to get back to the Alola Dex at some point, but I'm not sure when it's likely to happen.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 5, 2019
Yes because it was insanely easy, I think in Moon it took me maybe two days?

Back