• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Music Ariana Grande - thank u, next

Years
DGeHkr0.jpg

girls, gays, and everyone else - we have AG5. thoughts? fav track?​

Sirfetch’d

Really the whole album is full of bops! NASA is my favorite track

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday
My comprehensive and brief rating of every excellent track on TUN

1. NASA - needs no explanation. Wig flew to Pluto.
2. Ghostin - haunting and beautiful. Mac Miller sample. Made me cry.
3. Bloodline - this goes off, reminds me somewhat of something I'd expect to hear on the bey/jay album
4. Bad Idea - infectious beat and the ending is immaculate!
5. Imagine - the best of the prior singles. Whistle tones and excellent melodies.
6. Fake Smile - powerful. emotional. relatable. yuh!
7. In My Head - fuck him! get it girl
8. BUWYGIM - fun and probably going to be every gay's bio for abut a year
9. Thank U, Next - iconic, took a long time to grow on me but it's here now
10. 7 Rings - the sample slays
11. Needy - was a bit underwhelmed but it is very nice
12. Make Up - sounds like it would be more in place on sweetener however still cute

Overall this album feels like a really organic blend of all her past albums... and I'm here for it!

Last edited:

Cay

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Mar 11, 2022
majority of it seemed like an apology album for sweetener cos her fans didnt like pharrell (+ originality!)

still enjoyed my listen though. i will not lie i shed a couple of tears listening to ghostin. happy to see her succeed cos this album will undoubtedly do extremely well. found the production to be somewhat lackluster a lot of the time (with a couple of exceptions like imagine + make up). or being straight up ripped from other artists (princess nokia im here for you!!!!!!)

also i really really hated how she put break up with your boyfriend Directly After her anthem of self-sufficiency. not exactly a good message to end your album with after everything thats happened to her imo

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
I listened to some of it at work today on Spotify. I like it so far. Still have a few to listen to.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday
or being straight up ripped from other artists (princess nokia im here for you!!!!!!)

Sis we can't forget queen princess Nokia for calling out Ariana for stealing that beat she herself actually stole

Cay

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Mar 11, 2022
Sis we can't forget queen princess Nokia for calling out Ariana for stealing that beat she herself actually stole

damn, my bad, didn't hear about all that. u right

not surprised at all. i do enjoy her 1992 Deluxe mixtape but she is very very outspoken and annoying in the public presences she makes

Years
I HAVEN'T LISTENED YET BUT I'M SO EXCITED! ^-^ I'VE BEEN A FAN SINCE HER VICTORIOUS DAYS!

Yw55.gif

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday
Not saying I dont think sympathy comes into it somewhere — but she was doing it almost with Sweetener. She's had a very rough few years. She has a lot she wants to sing about, so I'd say that's why this came so quickly after Sweetener, and I am really happy for it

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday
Although I somewhat agree — Pharrell by far had the more intersting tracks on Sweetener but on here I really enjoy the production entirely

Sirfetch’d

After giving it a thorough 3rd listen I still stand firm that NASA is THE song on the album. Bad Idea is the other song I've been listening to on repeat all day long and it is definitely my 2nd fav from the album. As a whole I don't know if it is a better album than Sweetener but it isn't a worse album. I find them equally as good in different ways and both are major steps up from DW. tea

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
with ariana, it takes me about a month to get around to liking whatever she puts out - i think it's because the production never seems to match up to the vocals? idk, she just doesn't seem to be backed by beats and styles that actually go well with her voice. it takes a while for me to be interested if i'm only getting vocals, i guess. janet stan and such! that being said, i think this will take a much shorter time to grow on me, since nasa and ghostin are pretty good, they'll draw me back in and i'll be able to give ariana much more attention than i tend to do whenever something of hers drops. i did like sweetener, but nothing on that really lingered in my memory all that long.

this might be the first time i'm interested in ariana as an artist as opposed to ariana, the girl that outsung victoria justice

Years
Speaking as someone who generally isn't a fan of her music, I wouldn't say I'm going to like anything that comes off the album overly much (although I'm certainly open to being surprised!). I have heard the title song and my impression of it is... well actually I think it's probably the worst song she's put out. It's extremely flat and uninteresting and a total waste of how talented she is vocally.

Which I'd say is a recurring theme with Ariana's songs. There's no denying that she's a very good singer, but her talent is generally wasted on heavily manufactured, overly formulaic tracks that I can't really get behind. I have nothing against her being a "mainstream" or pop artist, I try not to draw genre lines (except for disco, fuck disco), but her music feels like it's been produced on an assembly line.

So my question I guess is, as someone who doesn't really like her music much, what song(s) off the album should I listen to that could potentially change my mind?

malanaphii

i'm about to monologue, son
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Feb 17, 2023
eh, it's pretty good but i wouldn't say it's an amazing album (although i'm not that into judging music so idk). i do really like break up with your girlfriend, i'm bored although the premise of the video is... a lil iffy. also liking nasa, fake smile, & bloodline atm.
i'm just v confused on where i stand with ariana at the moment because a lot of the stuff seems rather... bait-y & like she's trying to fit in with so many groups she's not part of. idk.

Years
After continuously listening to the album for a couple days, I have gathered my thoughts.

These are my ranking of the songs, from best to worst:
1. Imagine (YEEEEEEESSSSS! THOSE VOCALS DON'T PLAY)
2. Needy
3. Bad idea
4. Thank u, next
5. Ghostin'
6. NASA
7. Fake smile
8. 7 Rings
9. Bloodline
10. In my head
11. Make up
12. Break up with your girlfriend

Honestly, I LOVE this album. It is incredibly cohesive and I generally like every single song. Imagine is absolute perfection, when Ari hits those whistle notes I die and go to heaven! In my personal opinion, this album blows Sweetener out of the park. I mean, Sweetener was cute, the singles were incredible, however, I feel like none of the other songs stood out to me. The album itself was a tad mellow and flat. Thank u, next is similar, it's almost like the beautiful, intelligent, overachieving elder sister to Sweetener. It's more polished.

So yes, I'd rate the album 9/10! Ariana killed it!

original.gif

Although, let's keep it real, NOTHING compares to Dangerous Woman. PERIOD!

(Edit: Goodnight n go, Breathin, and The light is coming on Sweetener are all BOPS! Forgot to mention those masterpieces! Oops.)

Last edited:
Back