• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

A Kanto Sequel

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
Years
After B2/W2 I was thinking perhaps in the future there could be a sequel to Gen 1. It would be 10 years after the events of RBY. Giving how much actually elapsed I think that is a good time frame. What would you write the storyline to be? How much of the landscape would you change? Hero/Villains? How would you rediscover Kanto?

I would have Red's Mom and Blue's Sister move out of Pallet town. (No reason given) Have Professor Oak retire move to another city in Kanto. Blue would take over as Professor to continue the story line of him being a researcher. Probably age him a little bit (Unlike Ash -_-). Starters would remain the same.

I would redraw the Kanto map. After so many years things would change naturally. Not sure how though.

I would start the game with a prologue showing the events of Gold beating Red at Mt Silver (No it would not be around in this game) and Red becomes distressed and leaves. Do the normal set ups as any starting journey. Collect 8 badges I would probably change a few badge with different leaders. Keep Brock and Misty for the Gen 1ers. Re-introduce Team Rocket at Mt Moon. (Have some flash backs from the Giovanni disbanded Rocket.)

Do proper leads ups and standard build ups leading up to reveal the new Team Rocket leader as Red. (perhaps many of you saw this coming) The Prologue could be left out to make a "wow" factor that much better.

I would take the way they have the Elite Four in Gen five. Probably change everything about the Elite Four and MAYBE change Lance. I mean Lance would be pretty old lol.

Anyway that would be my take on it.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
PALLET TOWN
Spoiler:

VIRIDIAN CITY
Spoiler:

VIRIDIAN FOREST
Spoiler:

PEWTER CITY
Spoiler:

MT. MOON
Spoiler:

CERULEAN CITY
Spoiler:

ROCK TUNNEL and POWER PLANT
Spoiler:

LAVENDER TOWN
Spoiler:

SAFFRON CITY and CELADON CITY
Spoiler:

VERMILLION CITY
Spoiler:

DIGLETT'S CAVE
Spoiler:

FUCHSIA CITY
Spoiler:

CINNABAR ISLAND and the SEVII ISLES
Spoiler:

SEAFOAM ISLANDS
Spoiler:

INDIGO PLATEAU
Spoiler:

VILLAINS
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
I would like new gym leaders, and for Misty, Janine, Sabrina and maybe a really old but still cool Blaine to be E4. Champion? I think it should be the trainer you don't choose in the beginning. If you play as the male, the female will be your rival and end up becoming the champion before you. Just like Green did in the old game.

I don't think a sequel to the Kanto games would be made for real though. G/S/C was pretty much the sequel, remember?

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
Years
I would like new gym leaders, and for Misty, Janine, Sabrina and maybe a really old but still cool Blaine to be E4. Champion? I think it should be the trainer you don't choose in the beginning. If you play as the male, the female will be your rival and end up becoming the champion before you. Just like Green did in the old game.

I don't think a sequel to the Kanto games would be made for real though. G/S/C was pretty much the sequel, remember?

Is it and it isnt. Only thing that changed was Fuchsia's Gym leader. This sequel Kanto is the main island not an attachment which G/S/C makes it to be. The Storyline for the New Team Rocket kind of made them weaker then the original. Yes they Obliterated Cinnabar Island. I dont think there was enough done with G/S/C storyline wise.

Plus I think some people could wonder. "What has happened to Kanto over the years?"

Austin1395

Dark-type Trainer
Years
Okay look, the Gen. 1 games already got remakes. Then we got to visit it again in HG/SS. In total, counting the originals and remakes, we've been to Kanto 4 times. I think we've had our fill of it. I get that you're talking about a sequal but, we've been there enough. Let's give another region a chance okay? Everyone already thinks that the Gen. 3 games are going to be re-made, why not instead of remakes, sequels? You start the game as new trainers, not Brendan and May, all the cities and routes are redone, etc. I just think Kanto is done, at least for a long time.

Years
I love this idea, but for some reason I think I would preffer a R/S/E remake for 3DS that looks like older versions of Pokemon, like Gen 1,2,3,4,5 and 6. Not like X and Y, Im not huge on the new layout style. Although, the idea is great!

~blu

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
Years
Okay look, the Gen. 1 games already got remakes. Then we got to visit it again in HG/SS. In total, counting the originals and remakes, we've been to Kanto 4 times. I think we've had our fill of it. I get that you're talking about a sequal but, we've been there enough. Let's give another region a chance okay? Everyone already thinks that the Gen. 3 games are going to be re-made, why not instead of remakes, sequels? You start the game as new trainers, not Brendan and May, all the cities and routes are redone, etc. I just think Kanto is done, at least for a long time.

There is a new region every generation. So that argument is invalid. Each Generation that as its remark is not a visit it is an just a system update so players can play again. Very little has change in remakes if anything. The new Kanto game would be new in most ways. Hero/Heroine would be new, some new gym leaders. Only thing that would be the same is Team Rocket with a NEW leader.

Years
It's not a bad idea... I think R/S/E deserve to be next in line for remakes or sequels though. So if there is a full-on sequel to R/B/Y, it won't be for a lonnnngggg while...

But this is still a good idea and I would love to see what Game Freak come up with, how they think Kanto would have changed over a decade. It's an interesting concept.

Austin1395

Dark-type Trainer
Years
I'm not saying that it is not a good idea, don't get me wrong, I love sequels, but, we've been to Kanto a lot already. I just think that the idea should wait a while until every game that deserves a remake, gets it.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Although I think Kanto is overdone, an entirely new adventure there sounds really nice, especially when you consider how much the region will have changed over the years. It changed quite a bit from RBY to GSC, so I'm sure it'd be very different now. I'd support this idea, even though I'm not the biggest fan of Kanto. It'd also be nice if newer Pokemon had migrated or been imported to Kanto, so that we wouldn't have to wait til post-game for them. I honestly get burnt out on Kanto Pokemon since that's, of course, all that's there in FRLG/RBY.

Back