• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Nameless Sprite Editor 2.X

Status
Not open for further replies.

rune_reaper

Black Rock Shootah
Years
  • Seen Feb 28, 2014
Okay, so I'm free to edit their palettes so long as they're 16 colors?

Toph

Tower Tycoon Miles Here :D
Years
a very useful too lindeed!

I think I need a little help though, I've been looking for the Trainer Backsprites (in Emerald) for days now, I've only been able to find them in Tile Molester but they're scrambled and i can't get them right.

What I'm asking is, could anyone help me find the location and palette for those sprites for a bookmark? (or a plugin)
Thanks a lot!

EDIT:
I managed to find the backsprites again in Tile Molester, and managed to track their location and bookmarked them in NSE,
the only thing is that I couldn't find the right palette to go with those sprites;
I found the right colour palette in Tile Molester, but not it's location (which i need for it to work in NSE)
Is there any way to find this palette in NSE? or it's location in TM?

Thanks!

Last edited:

link12552

decade club
Years
a very useful too lindeed!

I think I need a little help though, I've been looking for the Trainer Backsprites (in Emerald) for days now, I've only been able to find them in Tile Molester but they're scrambled and i can't get them right.

What I'm asking is, could anyone help me find the location and palette for those sprites for a bookmark? (or a plugin)
Thanks a lot!

EDIT:
I managed to find the backsprites again in Tile Molester, and managed to track their location and bookmarked them in NSE,
the only thing is that I couldn't find the right palette to go with those sprites;
I found the right colour palette in Tile Molester, but not it's location (which i need for it to work in NSE)
Is there any way to find this palette in NSE? or it's location in TM?

Thanks!

Okay, so I honestly do not know "where" the palettes are for emerald...

I do know a couple of things though :P
  • After a quick search, the sprites start at 0xD66480
  • The palettes are Lz compressed
  • You can use APE to search for them

EDIT:

I found part of an old bookmark file with the sprite offsets, but not the palette offsets.
Spoiler:

So it looks like you are going to have to search the ROM, which isn't too hard.

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2019
i cant get any of these to work what exactly do i need to do to change the trainers sprites and what program do i need?

Dragonflye

Author of Pokémon Sovereign of the Skies
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 9, 2023
OW Editor Offsets for German Roms on NSE 2.0 COSTUM. I hope you can install it.

Pokémon Smaragd (Emerlad) [BPED]
0x517350 Sprite Table
0x51D8F8 Pallete Table

Pokemon Rubin (Ruby] [AXVD]
0x379440 Sprite Table
0x37EF60 Pallete Table

Pokemon Saphir (Spahir) [AXPD]
0x3793D0 Sprite Table
0x37EEF8 Pallete Table

Pokemon Feuerrot (Firered) [BPRD]
0x39FC70 Sprite Table
0x3A5018 Pallete Table

Pokemon Blattgrün (Leafgreen) [BPGD]
0x39FC50 Sprite Table
0x3A4FF8 Pallete Table

NSE 2.X and NSE Classic is a brilliant Tool. :D

link12552

decade club
Years
Happy Birthday to me!
Well, long story short, NSE 2.X is open source now, as my birthday gift to you...

Here's the Codeplex page.

I still need to finish setting up the page/ documentation / set up my source control, but for the time being feel free to download the source and peer into my inner-mind!
Tomorrow is the end of finals, so the page should be done by next week.

Enjoy
-Link12552

Last edited:

Shiny Quagsire

I'm Still Alive, Elsewhere
Years
Awesome! I was just about to ask you to compile it with better Mono compatability, but I think I'll just do it myself. Although, you did make it a bit difficult with all of those darn P/Invokes. I'm working on making it more Mono compatible for those Linux and Mac users out there. :)

EDIT:
I haz success!

So far I've gotten around a few Windows-only or .NET only problems. However, some things are broken and I'll fix as soon as possible:
The eye dropper tool used a P/Invoke I attempted to get around but still needs to be cleaned up, The icon-to-cursor also used a P/Invoke and it was a low priority to fix, and plugins won't load at all (I might have temporarily commented something by accident to test :P)

Other than that, the editor works and it can view the ROM quite well. :D

Last edited:

link12552

decade club
Years
Awesome! I was just about to ask you to compile it with better Mono compatability, but I think I'll just do it myself. Although, you did make it a bit difficult with all of those darn P/Invokes. I'm working on making it more Mono compatible for those Linux and Mac users out there. :)

EDIT:
I haz success!

So far I've gotten around a few Windows-only or .NET only problems. However, some things are broken and I'll fix as soon as possible:
The eye dropper tool used a P/Invoke I attempted to get around but still needs to be cleaned up, The icon-to-cursor also used a P/Invoke and it was a low priority to fix, and plugins won't load at all (I might have temporarily commented something by accident to test :P)

Other than that, the editor works and it can view the ROM quite well. :D

That's AWESOME!!!! I'm really super interested in how you ported it to Mono so easily.

Yay! This is great. A real help to all other developers. Thanks!

Your welcome :P

P.S. I'm in the process of building a new PC so I might be out for a day or two... School's OUT!

Shiny Quagsire

I'm Still Alive, Elsewhere
Years
I finally finished porting last night and I was going to post but right after I finished typing my post the database went into it's "scheduled backup," so I'm posting it today.

I managed to finish the port to Mono with a few drawbacks: First, plugins must be compiled for BOTH platforms. There is Mono for Windows, just make sure that if you are a developer to use NO P/INVOKES, as these are not compatible with Mono on other systems. Second, the source code was split in the process, so Mono only works with Mono and not .NET, so if your using Windows, get the main download. This wasn't my intention, but I couldn't find a way to do it otherwise. If you can't compile it yourself feel free to let me compile it.

I also made a wrapper around a new INI reader, so the usual classes are the same and work the same, but they use nini, an open-source multiplatform INI editor. Also, updates are disabled for now as well in the Mono version. Until I get a code platform for the source, I'll post them in ZIP files here.

Source ZIP
Binary ZIP

The only shortcomings are the cursors and screen-to-eyedropper thing, which aren't too bad of a setback, but I'll attempt to fix it. Here's a screenie of it in action!

Shafic

PMU User :>
Years
Link, I'm new to NSE, and I'm using it to change the hero in Emerald to something else, but I want to change the back sprites so its more realistic. When I was looking in the Navigate section, I found where it was labeled "Backsprites", but the pattete was all one color, I was wondering if you could help with this.

Years
  • Seen Apr 3, 2013
Umm.... Hi Link, I'm new to Rom hacking, so I was wondering of you could help me. I love your nse tool. It is the best. Thank you. But I was wondering if you could maybe add a text editor plugin to nse, because I've tried advance text and it never works. I really hope you could do this, it would be very useful. :)

Mr.Man

A man. Mr.Man to be exact
Years
  • Seen Jul 15, 2012
I wouldn't be surprised if it's said somewhere, but I can't find how to edit an overworld sprite with NSE 2X... Anyone feeling helpful?

Link, I'm new to NSE, and I'm using it to change the hero in Emerald to something else, but I want to change the back sprites so its more realistic. When I was looking in the Navigate section, I found where it was labeled "Backsprites", but the pattete was all one color, I was wondering if you could help with this.

Yeah, I've messed around with this, but still can't figure that out also....

Last edited:

Yoni Arousement

PKHeX User
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
As for editing text I'm limited to AdvanceMap and defining PSKV as a script editor.

No Sapphire support for Pokémon Sprite Editing yet... there are a few Pokémon with shadows that I want to remove.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back