• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Ultimate Monotype Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Aug 17, 2018
2nd Update for Crystal:
-received Eevee from Bill
-defeated the kimono girls
-defeated rival in the Burned Tower
-defeated Morty
-Magby evolved into Magmar
-defeated Chuck
-defeated Jasmine
-defeated Pryce

Team:
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 1, 2014
Username: Bonbur
Type: Grass
Challenge: Ultimate
Game(s): FR/SS/Emerald/Platinum/B2

New on forums and now to challenges go with my favorite type :D

Last edited:

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
5th Update, Rock Challenge on Platinum:
-taught Probopass Shock Wave
-Made it to Pastoria City
-kicked my rivial's ass
-fought my way through the route(s) between Pastoria and Hearthome, since my team needed some extra grinding before taking on the Water Gym
-Challenged the Pastoria City Gym. Forutnately, this one wasn't bad, like I thought it would be. Probes was the star here again, tanking water hits with its great defenses and zapping enemies with Shock Wave. Only thing that was a bit annoying was Wake's Quagsire. He did force me to use some revives and healing items, but it wasn't the horribleness of the Grass gym. At least the rest of the Gyms shouldn't be too bad.
-Chased down a Galatic Grunt, then air assassinated him and hid his body in the woods defeated him in a Pokemon battle
-Got the Secret Potion from Cynthia. Something a bit funny/odd is that my rival interrupted our conversation by asking "Who's this, your older sister?". Dude, I'm pretty sure we're suppossed to have lived in the same village our whole lives. You should know who my family members are by now.
-Used the morphine Secret Potion on those migrain-suffering Psyducks on Route whatever number it is. Then big sis Cynthia shows up again and asks me to do her a favor.
-Saved.

Current Badges:

Current Team:

Last edited:

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
Quick question about my challenge: does it end the first time I beat Cynthia, or is it when I beat her for a second time when the Elite 4 and her have powered-up?

Years
Quick question about my challenge: does it end the first time I beat Cynthia, or is it when I beat her for a second time when the Elite 4 and her have powered-up?

First time you beat Cynthia. You don't have to do any of the post-game stuff. Her team is hardly any different in the rematch (the Elite Four's AREN'T different at all except for the levels), so there's not any serious reason to unless you want to.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 1, 2014
First update for my Monograss fire red run

Badges 3/8

Spoiler:

TheCrystalFlaaffy

Youtube Content Creator
Years
I'd like to restart my Unova run for my Ultimate Rock Monotype, I have given up on making my hack DarkBlack since I don't have the time to continue working on it. I will start BlazeBlack soon to make up for this. And I'll be playing VoltWhite for my Bug run.

Once I beat BlazeBlack for my Rock run, VoltWhite for my Bug run, Emerald for my Normal run, and SoulSilver for my Ghost run, I'll post a huge update for all of them.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 3, 2022
Ultimate Water Monotype, FireRed LeafGreen part 1
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 3, 2022
Ultimate Water Challenge, Emerald part 3: Victory Road and the Pokemon League
Spoiler:

Final Team:
Spoiler:

And that's Emerald done. Now for the rest. I think I'll be doing most of the rest as ROMs, for convenience.

Years
I have a question. It's probably a stupid question but I'll ask it anyway. If we're doing the ultimate challenge do we have to do all the regions? Also, are we allowed to play two games of one region (Like B/W and B2/W2)? If so, this is my sign up.

Username: Meppy
Type: Poison
Games: Storm Silver, Volt White, Volt White 2

Poison's partly because I can't catch legendarys even if I wanted to {XD}.

GawenStarTeller

I am a fish.
Years
This might be a stupid question, but I'm new here and didn't understand one part... are we aloud to use more than 6 Pokemon (for boxes) or just a party of 6? Either way, idc.

Username: GawenStarTeller
Type: Bug
Games: Firered, Heartgold, Emerald, Platinum, Black 2, X

Please tell me if there's anything wrong with this app, like I said, I'm new. I picked Bug as my type because, really it's my fav type, and is the most challenged type to start out with (Most of the first gyms have type advantage over it. Rock, Flying, Rock, Rock, Fire in B and W if you chose Snivy.)

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
I have a question. It's probably a stupid question but I'll ask it anyway. If we're doing the ultimate challenge do we have to do all the regions? Also, are we allowed to play two games of one region (Like B/W and B2/W2)? If so, this is my sign up.

Username: Meppy
Type: Poison
Games: Storm Silver, Volt White, Volt White 2

Poison's partly because I can't catch legendarys even if I wanted to {XD}.

If doing the ultimate challenge, you have to do all six regions (Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova, and Kalos).

This might be a stupid question, but I'm new here and didn't understand one part... are we aloud to use more than 6 Pokemon (for boxes) or just a party of 6? Either way, idc.

Username: GawenStarTeller
Type: Bug
Games: Firered, Heartgold, Emerald, Platinum, Black 2, X

Please tell me if there's anything wrong with this app, like I said, I'm new. I picked Bug as my type because, really it's my fav type, and is the most challenged type to start out with (Most of the first gyms have type advantage over it. Rock, Flying, Rock, Rock, Fire in B and W if you chose Snivy.)

I'm pretty sure you can use as many Pokemon as you like, so long as they are all of the type you've selected for your run. That, and I think all of the Pokemon in your final party must be within 10 levels of each other. HM slaves that are not of your type are ok, but you can't use them in battle (unless you really need an extra poke for doubles, triples, etc).

Last edited:

GawenStarTeller

I am a fish.
Years
I'm pretty sure you can use as many Pokemon as you like, so long as they are all of the type you've selected for your run. That, and I think all of the Pokemon in your final party must be within 10 levels of each other. HM slaves that are not of your type are ok, but you can't use them in battle (unless you really need an extra poke for doubles, triples, etc).

Thanks for the info :) Another question occurred to me... After getting a Bug Type Pokemon for my team, do I discard (Release) my starter?

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
Thanks for the info :) Another question occurred to me... After getting a Bug Type Pokemon for my team, do I discard (Release) my starter?

You can still keep it as an HM user, if it can use HMs that your Bugs probably can't use (like how most Bugs can't really use Surf). You just can't use it in battle anymore. And you don't have to release it, you can just deposit it.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
I have a question. It's probably a stupid question but I'll ask it anyway. If we're doing the ultimate challenge do we have to do all the regions? Also, are we allowed to play two games of one region (Like B/W and B2/W2)?
In order to qualify as an Ultimate Champion, you must complete the challenge in one game of each region using the same type. Here is a list of games by region.
You can play 2 games in the same region, but one would be qualified as a Single challenge, not part of your ultimate.

The only team size requirement is that it must have at least 2. If you want to switch out along the way it's not a big deal.

You can't use it in battle, but releasing is unnecessary. Just box it, unless you want to release it.

Years
Been a while since I updated, but I'm still moving through Sapphire steadily.
Spoiler:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back