• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

BZZZZZZT!!!...BZZZZZZT!!...BZZZZZZ!!!...

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
Years
  • Seen Sep 25, 2020
After waking up this morning, I heard my roommates alarm clock go off at like 6:45 am. The funny apart about this is... he doesn't even get up until like 9--I'd be surprised if his body actually let him get up for the time he set his alarm! His alarm went off, buzzing irately...; with the worst part being that he is asleep, it is too quiet to wake him up, and it is coming from his phone is his pocket that he is sleeping on .-. So on and on it went.... and on... and on...

But uh, anyway, do you use an alarm clock to get up in the morning? Do you actually get up when it goes off, or do you just sleep through it like my roommate? If you do wake up, do you just the hit snooze button or actually get out of bed...? If you have trouble with the former, you might want to consider investing in one of these...

I myself make use of my pretty nifty internal alarm clock. I naturally get up early, so I don't have to worry. And if I have to get up even earlier than normal, my body somehow knows and automatically adjusts for this, getting me up an hour to an hour and a half earlier than I need to be. It is a little strange, I think, but I'm not complaining! It might also have something to do with the fact that I like to get to bed on decent times... "Early to bed, early to rise, makes one healthy wealthy and wise. "

q.q My ocd is making me point this out... pretend that the last 'bzzz' has a 't' on the end D:

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Not as much as it used to be, but I have more of a second shift life. Stay up late and sleep in. {: I thiiink I have an alarm clock somewhere, but I have no idea where it is. Usually someone in the family will tell me to get up or throw a pillow at me or something, and that's when I wake up.

Depending on the situation, I get up anywhere from 5:30am to like 10ish haha. Usually toward the latter, because /always/ up until at least midnight. Seems unnecessary, but it's pretty darn rare for me to actually sleep the entire night. So I'm not actually sleeping some of that time.

Last edited:

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
I do have an alarm to wake me up in the morning, I set it to half 6 in the morning because of the school run. If I miss the alarm my daughter wakes me up by jumping on my bed.

Years
  • Seen Mar 28, 2020
I have an alarm, but most of the time it doesn't wake me up because it's too quiet, and eventually shuts itself off.

Aurora

seven years here and i finally figure out how to d
Years
I use my phone as an alarm, because I can personalise whatever it is that's going to wake me up. An actual alarm clock would be intolerable and I'd probably smash it within a few days of use.

Years
If I have to wake up early I usually will on my own, otherwise I'll end up sleeping late because I have sleep problems and usually (if I get to sleep) get to sleep only a few hours from needing to wake up. If I absolutely have to be up early I'll set the alarm on my phone for earlier than its needs to be but also set another alarm for a more reasonable time in case I sleep through the first.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
I use my phone alarm when I have to get up early. It works pretty well at getting me to wake up, cause I cant have any sound when Im sleeping. I tend to always press the snooze button though, lol.

Years
My alarm is always set to 5:40 AM on my phone, my sleep is light so vibration is just enough to wake me up.

Years
I set the phone on my alarm. I have a traditional alarm clock but the noise startles me too much -- I just use it to tell the time when it's dark. My phone is much gentler. It only has to go off once for me to get up; there's no such thing as 'snooze' for me.

Most days I get up a few minutes before my alarm goes off. I haaaaate waking up to one. My body isn't perfect, though, so I set it in case I do sleep until then.

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
I use the alarm on my DS and I wake up instantly when I hear it. Sometimes I lay there wondering if it's even worth getting up, but I give myself a good 45 minutes to resolve any internal crises that may arise before I need to be out of the house.

Honest

Hi!
Years
About a month or two ago, I'd set my alarm clock for 5:45 in the morning and would get up as soon as it rang. Lately, though, I've either woken up and pressed the snooze button only to wake up an hour later (which is borderline the latest I can wake up) or just slept right through it. Like today, I simply did not here the alarm, and no one bothered to wake me up. Everyone left the house already except for my sister, and she was JUST leaving the door too.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
It depends. If I have to get up early or I want to be up by a set time , I'll turn my alarm clock on and set it to whatever time I want. Usually around 6 or 7am when I have to get up really early. But most of the time I stay up late and so I never usually am awake early in the morning. My sleep pattern is so screwy though and to fix it sometime, I try to only sleep for a bit and then wake up several hours later. I seldom wake up at the exact time it goes off , sometimes 5 or 10 minutes after it goes off or sometime 30 minutes to an hour after it goes off. This is how my sleep schedule gets screwed. :( But when I finally do I wake ,I hit the snooze button and then roll out of bed most of the time.

Years
Even on my days off, I need to have an alarm clock to wake me up, otherwise I'll end up sleeping for 10-12 hours (I've never had any sort of internal alarm clock).

I'm also the kind of guy that purposely sets my alarm 30-45 minutes before I actually want to get up, because chances are I'd still hit the snooze button when I'm half-asleep, even if I need to get up right then.

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
Years
I set both an alarm on my ipod, which plays a playlist for about 30 minutes on a low volume (thinking of others yay) and a series of alarms on my phone. I generally set around 45 minutes of alarms at five minute intervals because I always turn off my alarm in my half-asleep state and then close my eyes again and immediately fall asleep, whoops.

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
I usually set my phone on alarm but I almost always end up either waking up earlier (like 5 or 10 minutes earlier) or much, much later (like 2-3 hours later). It doesn't bother me anymore though as I don't have anymore early morning commitments to fulfill :D

sρεcтяα

Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 23, 2013
I used an alarm when I had to get up at 4:30am to get ready for work, and it was by far one of the most miserable experiences of my life. Half the time I didn't sleep, as I was worried about the alarm waking me up and throwing me off for the rest of the day.

I have well established sleeping patterns though, so aside from that time I've never needed an alarm clock. I'm more or less the alarm clock for the rest of the house, though: my mother sleeps awkwardly, and my little brother is extremely lazy. I'm always up at around half six, so by general consensus I wake everyone else up when I get up on weekdays, so nobody is late.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
When my alarm goes off, I switch it off straight away. Sometimes I fall back asleep after that, then wake up after a few more minutes.

Years
My actual alarm clock is too far from my bed to just hit the snooze button and then go back to bed. I'd have to get out of bed to hit it, which...well, by then I'm already up so I might as well just stay up. :P

But if I need to wake up at a certain time, then yes, I'll use my alarm. Just the music setting for it though, since I can't stand actual alarms. It seems to work relatively well for me - there's no way I'm sleeping through that wake-up call, and even if I'm not the one hitting it, I'm usually out of bed soon after. I might snooze back to sleep for a short while, but not all the time.

Back