• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"I didn't like him/her!"

Warship

異議あり!
Years
cheren. he pisses me off especially his sprite in b/w 2. bianca is kinda annoying too but not as much as cheren. he just acts like a smart***.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
I really, really hated how Youngster Joey kept on calling me 24 hours a day, just to tell me about his top-percentage Rattata that took two hits max to take down, but I also wouldn't want him gone, as that'd mean no more jokes about him :[

I didn't really like Cheren in B/W either, as he posed to be such a knowledgeable character, who just appeared to know everything about Pokemon (and actually also did), yet still managed to lose like every battle. I'd have liked him better, if they'd mixed it up a little with this generation, as we had Bianca, who was obviously supposed to be the weak one of the trio, and have her be the rival we beat up all the time, whereas battles with Cheren should have two outcomes. His team should be made significantly harder than most other trainers in the area, and if you'd lose, he'd just heal up your Pokemon and give you some kind of speech about how you should train more/ brag/ w/e, kinda like the first battle with him. I think that could motivate people to train a bit harder, just so they'd be strong enough to beat him :p

But yah, I like him in B2/W2, just not in B/W.

Years
Definitely Whitney, she's annoying enough to beat with that Miltank's constant rollouts, but then her whining after she lost just made me want to break the gameboy I was playing gold on.

Anyone who phones you on Emerald is annoying, also the TV reporters on Emerald were annoying because I don't want to give them a stupid comment after a battle.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
Clair from Gold/silver/Crystal just because after you beat her she makes you go to a cave to see an elder and after he passes you on that test, the only reason she gives you the badge is that he says he'll tell Lance.

WooliestSteam

A Little Wooly Piece of Steam
Years
Okay so I currently playing through Black 2 for the first time ... I know :L

So the person I'm disliking the most in the game right now is your rival, he just charges around, telling people off and constantly saying he has to get stronger. I sit there thinking "Alright dude I get it, you want to get stronger, there's just no need to tell me every time I meet you". Now I know he has certain reasons for wanting to get powerful, and constantly charging around everywhere, don't really want to write it in case I spoil it for anyone, but I just feel he should take a chill pill and just relax for a minute.

Phew .. rant over. Okay bye :)

Reactions: T!M

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Gen I
Blue. As a rival, he's great. But for his personality, it's really bad. Always thinks he's above you and always say he feels sorry of how weak you are and even tho you beat him when you face him, he always seems to be bigger than you.

Gen II
Silver. Once again, as a rival he's great but I just hated the way he mistreated his Pokemon, but by the end of the game, he grew more love for his Pokemon and then he started caring for them. So I disliked Silver only at the start and middle of the game due to his selfishness and bad behavior toward his Pokemon.

Gen III
Norman. Yes, your very own father. Why you may ask? Just because when you first start out as a Pokemon trainer, he doesn't even give you a Pokemon or some Pokeballs, instead it's the professor Birch that does so. A professor that knows you for 5 minutes already hands you a good Pokemon with some decent amount of Pokeballs to start with. Your father doesn't do so, oh no sir. Instead he gives those to Wally.

Gen IV:
Barry. Even tho he's a really nice guy, I don't like the fact that he's always in a rush and always fining me for this or that.

Gen V:
Ghetsis. I really hated him in the game, he used N's weakness for freeing Pokemon as a tool for his plan and used him as a mere tool only. When he revealed what was his real intention, I couldn't wait to just defeat him in a Pokemon battle.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
Years
Youngster Joey. I do not want to hear about his top percentage Rattata.

LMAO yes.

I love Bug pokemon, but the trainers tend to have really weak pokemon. Or they have like six Caterpie or Metaod -.- I love these pokemon but I don't want to battle them six times in a row.

The same things goes for fishers. Some of them have really strong pokemon and others only have Lvl 50 Magikrap .-.

Demon Days

Element of Magic
Years
A lot of the Swimmers and Bug Catchers. It's even more annoying when you skip past them because it's not worth it, come back later, forgot you haven't battled them yet and then suddenly, you're sending your Level 45-50 Blaziken out against a Level 15 Tentacool.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
Those. Cursed. FISHERMEN.

Especially the ones with a whole team of Magikarp/Goldeen with only Splash/Tackle/Horn Attack >.>

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
I hate the Magikarpin' fisherman and roden-chasin' bug catchers. Other than these two I hate the Psychics in R/S/E because they're plain stupid.

Shadowraze

ur mum
Years
I hate those fishermans too xD Those magikarps are a waste of time. Although I get over them since they give EV's. :3

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
Those Fishermen with a 6 man team of Magikarps.

And practically every swimmer.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
I always thought Wally was an annoying self-entitled little brat. "Oh, I'm so ill. Please battle me!!!???" Just... go away, please.

Reactions: T!M

GrayJM9

Playing White 2
Years
  • Seen May 14, 2013
I loved Barry he was hilarious. If I was his age he would have been a fun friend. I can't stand Hugh though.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
I absolutely couldn't stand the fisherman with a haul of six Magikarp. I was just questioning him, like who wants a team filled up to the brim with six Magikarp? Diversity should exist to trainers as well, but I suppose six Gyarados wouldn't be too shabby either. It was just frustrating to face those sorts of trainers and in general I was also not that fond of Bug Catchers, they were everywhere sending out their Caterpies, Wurmples and what not. D:

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Those Fishermen with the 6 Magikarp. Having to battle 6 of the same Pokemon who give you barely no EXP points is a tiresome pain. I feel bad having to take them down so easily cause of how weak and defenseless Magikarp are so any battle with those guys are big waste of time I could spend doing other things.

Whitney too as well. Particularly her Miltank which is a pain to battle cause of how it constantly uses Rollout and then Stomp and then heals itself with Milk Drink. Pretty much making any Pokemon you have useless. Then when you beat her she goes and cries about and refuse to give you the badge. Sounds pretty immature if you ask me. That had to be the most annoying gym battle I've ever had.

Back