• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The DS-style 64x64 Pokémon Sprite Resource [COMPLETED]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragonflye

Author of Pokémon Sovereign of the Skies
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 9, 2023
Animated Backsprites in Emerald are not necessary, but only one animated front sprite. That would be about 649 more sprites, clear + the shiny colors, but I think this is less difficult than the resezing.

It is just my opinion and my suggestion is to have no one here that. ^ ^
I just think it would make the project completely and would also nice for the Emerald hackers among us. ^ ^

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
The reason we don't do the second frames is because no one wants to. People mostly hack Ruby and Firered anyway, so there's honestly no point whatsoever. It's just a bunch of work that's too much trouble for everyone. Chaos has already said numerous times that he's not doing them anymore lol. If you want them so bad, you'll have to make them yourself.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
I've redone some Gen V backsprites to be more model-accurate:
635_zpsf0e2663d.png

636_zpsf1710a70.png

637_zpsfd667f4e.png

618_zps034d384c.png

Also, a user by the name of "Archeops" made a new Archeops backsprite for me:
620_zpsa109b520.png

So credit to Archeops for the new Archeops backsprite (lol).

And here's more Kanto Pokemon I've done simply by working on Pokemon DarkViolet:
052_zps16fafe5c.png

053_zps60cc9f6d.png

072_zps15a8fee1.png

073_zps8d1af3fb.png

120_zpscc1e59f7.png

121_zps59fb8d38.png

077_zps12ccb219.png

078_zps5a394c98.png

096_zps36c61984.png

097_zps6a684747.png

122_zps3c27530b.png

123_zps389abb24.png

126_zps049bb78c.png

139_zps33dee3a6.png

141_zps7d368573.png

192_zps029dd6a8.png

187_zps40f886f0.png

188_zpsb8a070ca.png

189_zps7ebc8484.png

Also I've added these contributions:
Scizor -11bayerf, Rizon
Magby - dreamengine
Wynaut - Rizon
Cradily - 11bayerf1
Armaldo - 11bayerf1
Aron - 11bayerf1
Lairon - 11bayerf1
Aggron - 11bayerf1
Glalie - 11bayerf1
Regirock - 11bayerf1
Regice - 11bayerf1
Registeel - 11bayerf1

I've done these minutes ago. :3

apUjVYN.png
RRUH5wh.png

Also, I'll try to redo Suicune and do its counterparts, resize them into the same ratio.
Okay, Solrock and Lunatone are accepted.

I hope thats ok...

arkanij7p6x.png

PS: Sorry that I did not really have before observed the rules.

What I'm wondering is, why do not you do the 2nd Frame? Ok, there are indeed many sprites, but I think if the Forum tackles gehts faster, because not all hack fire red or ruby.

It's just my opinion. ^ ^
Sorry but there's too many tiny little errors where certain details from the original sprite appear to be lost.

Animated Backsprites in Emerald are not necessary, but only one animated front sprite. That would be about 649 more sprites, clear + the shiny colors, but I think this is less difficult than the resezing.

It is just my opinion and my suggestion is to have no one here that. ^ ^
I just think it would make the project completely and would also nice for the Emerald hackers among us. ^ ^
If you want 2nd frames then go do them yourself. I'm not obligated to make any sprites for anyone.

Also, to all contributors, please read: From now on, do not recolor the HG/SS backsprite. Leave it in its HG/SS colors. Just let me do the recoloring. Also, please don't try and "improve" the sprite by changing the shading, adding things that weren't there originally, etc. All I want is an 80%, cleaned up version of the original backsprite. Nothing more, nothing less.

Last edited:

Dragonflye

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 9, 2023
So I have to try clean up the errors.^^ I hope thats so correkt.
16esmx.png

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
So I have to try clean up the errors.^^ I hope thats so correkt.
16esmx.png
That's better, I'll accept. For future reference, don't recolor the HG/SS backsprite, just leave it in its HG/SS colors, since many people tend to recolor it wrong/incomplete/forget to check black levels.

Dragonflye

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 9, 2023
All right, but when I read it, it was already too late, in the future, I respect it. ;)

Dragonflye

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 9, 2023
I have an issue, I've created a grid to orient myself, as I have a little smaller, because these measurements would be correct?

I use MS Paint and I checked the percentages and pixels.

vorlage0qs2x.png

Keizaal

but innocence is gone
Years
^ If that is correct, that would be a HUGE help, especially to people who are new to this project.

I may try to contribute as well, and this grid would definitely be helpful. I'm assuming it still needs to be checked by Chaos?

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
I have an issue, I've created a grid to orient myself, as I have a little smaller, because these measurements would be correct?

I use MS Paint and I checked the percentages and pixels.

vorlage0qs2x.png
The percentage measurements seem wrong. The larger the Pokemon, the lower the number that you resize it should be. For instance, a huge fat Pokemon that fills up an 80x80 border would have to be resized at 80% or 81%. A small Pokemon from an 80x80 border that looks a bit too big in 64x64 should be resized at say, 90%-95%.

Also the only rules I really follow when I resize is "make sure it doesn't look ridiculously huge". You shouldn't rely on the width and height of the R/S/E sprites, because then you're not taking their pose into account. Using Quilava as an example, let's say we want to resize HG/SS Quilava. You would have to look at its R/S/E sprite, and imagine how big it would be if it were to pose like HG/SS Quilava. You can't just take HG/SS Quilava and shrink it to the exact width and height of R/S/E Quilava, because then not only would the proportions be messed up, but you're not taking the different poses into consideration.

Dragonflye

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 9, 2023
I understand about what you mean, but I think the values ​​that you are properly scaled. Because if I resize a sprite is 64x64 in size 90%, then it is more likely 61x61 instead of 56x56 pixels that you actually want to achieve??

Exactly the same as in 80x80 to 64x64, as you have to decrease to 80% -81%, but since we are in agreement.

I have it tested for each dependent variable. It was smaller for each factor by 8 pixels. I'm sorry if I place myself stupid, but I want to understand it and try to help as well, and since I also want to make myself the 2nd frame. ^ ^

I'm confused more easily. xD

PS: With R / S / E, I do not really compare, because I know that the sprites have different perspectives and Propotionen and do not necessarily match that you could compare it. :)

Edit: How would it be exactly 100% correct, so I can understand ^ ^.

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
Years
I'm not sure if you've done Muk or not, but I made it anyway!

Spoiler:

I'm also working on Gligar, I'm resizing it to 91% because Gliscor was resized quite a bit,
from looking at it about 88? 87? I don't want to make it smaller than 91% otherwise it'll
be smaller than its Gen 3 sprite.

EDIT: Finished Gligar, I think 91% was a good ratio, didn't lose much from the original sprite and looks good with the backsprite.
The backsprite itself shows quite alot of the sprite, so I was worried about how it would like in a rom at first, proportion-wise.
If you're not a big fan of the backsprite, I could either do the D/P one, or redo it again slightly bigger. Your choice!

Spoiler:

Because if I resize a sprite is 64x64 in size 90%, then it is more likely 61x61 instead of 56x56 pixels that you actually want to achieve??

If a sprite is 64x64 it doesn't need to be resized to 56x56. Those are just estimates. There isn't any 100% correct way to resize front sprites of any size, unless they take the full 80x80 pixels. As long as the vertical and horizontal percentage is the same it shouldn't be a problem.

Last edited:

Falsever

Nation Blue
Years
rDtAO9g.png
0FvnLsc.png

Since there's only Suicuine backsprite, Wynaut Entei and Raikou too?
I think I'll do the front sprites of this trio later.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
@Rizon:
@11bayerf1:
@PJBottomz:
From now on, every contribution you guys make will be automatically accepted.

EDIT: Also, I'm going on a Gen I rampage right now, so I ask that you guys work on Gen II and III (don't worry 11bayerf1, I haven't done Muk yet, so your Muk is still accepted, but this is just to avoid future conflicts). Also, if you guys want, I give you three permission to do missing female sprites for the Gen IV Pokemon, since the only Pokemon that has one so far is Starly.

Last edited:

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
Ooh, auto acceptance~ Me likey. I'll get to work on some Hoenn stuff. Hopefully the complicated sprites won't be too hard. And speaking of the female stuff, I was contemplating doing Wooper's female sprites.

EDIT: SPINDAAAAAAAA

MCsLVh0.png

Poor thing. It's gonna be plain with one spot for the rest of its video-game life.

Last edited:

Telinc1

Weirdo Extraordinaire
Years
Alrighty, I made an Absol sprite because I kind of need it. It looks pretty good in-game. The images, as well the in-game preview are included as attachments to this post. Also, I was really careful to make the front sprite the same size as the R/S sprite and I think I succeeded. If there's any problems with it, tell me and I will fix them right up.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Alrighty, I made an Absol sprite because I kind of need it. It looks pretty good in-game. The images, as well the in-game preview are included as attachments to this post. Also, I was really careful to make the front sprite the same size as the R/S sprite and I think I succeeded. If there's any problems with it, tell me and I will fix them right up.
The backsprite looks incomplete. Too many jaggy outlines, it just doesn't look smooth. You have to look at it and think, is this really believable as a scratch sprite?

Dragonflye

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 9, 2023
The backsprite looks incomplete. Too many jaggy outlines, it just doesn't look smooth. You have to look at it and think, is this really believable as a scratch sprite?

I have a Backsprite from Absol:
untitledtsuzh.png

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
Years
I've got some more Johto Pokemon. I don't think any of the fronts need to be resized.

Spoiler:

Also I have Sneasel's backsprite here. I'm going to resize the front to probably ~91%, I know Weavile was done to 89/90%
but I imagine Sneasel would look too small. I'll post that up once it's done.

Spoiler:

EDIT: Added Sneasel's front sprite! Took longer than I expected to get around to it, doing various things. Resized to 92%

Spoiler:

EDIT: Also added Seviper's backsprite as I noticed you needed one.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back