• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Mysterious symbols in Pokemon info - what are they?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen May 19, 2009
If you go to the summary of a POKEMON you have, there under it's picture and under it's name and level is a row of pale grey symbols - a circle, triangle, square, heart, star and diamond.

WHAT ARE THEY FOR?! I've searched all over and can't find the answer.

All my pokemon have these symbols and they all look the same - except for Haunter who has the star shape coloured black. Does this mean he is shiny?

In that case what do the other symbols mean?

Thanks!

templekeeper

Remember: you're a member!
Years
  • Seen Apr 3, 2010
Whenever I trade for shinies online, I find that they have a marking or two usually. Some collectors find it convenient to mark them for some sorting reason-sometimes just so they know where their shinies are.

Cloudskye

My Own Personal Hell
Years
Whenever I trade for shinies online, I find that they have a marking or two usually. Some collectors find it convenient to mark them for some sorting reason-sometimes just so they know where their shinies are.

I normally give my Shinys a "star marking", aside from the one they already have. I find it easier to keep track of them this way. XD

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2021
And Pokemon that often shine in contests will recieve a Heart Marking from me and a Triangle if they are EVd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back