• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen [spoiler] B2W2 Disappointments and likes

Years
  • Seen Aug 4, 2012
I don't have the game yet, but I've been paying attention to all the new info that has been uncovered since its release in Japan. I love everything about the new games except for the lack of a actual Game Corner. I didn't like that there was no Game Corner in B/W 1 and I was hoping they would add it in the sequels, but unfortunately not.

I love the idea of the PWT though, and I can't wait till I get my hands on the Pokedex 3D Pro and the Dream Radar, as both will be valuable assets while I'm playing the games.

bwburke94

Forever Aspertia's Aspie
Years
MAJOR SPOILERS so spoiler tagged:

Dislikes:
Spoiler:

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 27, 2023
MAJOR SPOILERS so spoiler tagged:

Dislikes:
Spoiler:

They force the Pokewood on you?

in what way?

I, for one, like the idea, and the Sprites for it look rather impressive

Haseyo

쏘쿨
Years
When you first enter, you have to make a quick movie. It's takes 5minutes to do, not in any way damaging to the soul.

Years
Only dislikes:
- a seeming lack of new egg moves, given the sequels of Crystal, Platinum, HGSS added new egg moves
- no Unown is unfortunate given the Shininng Charm

- having reason to buy a 3ds OTHER than for Animal Crossing
- Imposter Ditto in a Hidden Hollow
- Defiant Braviary as in game interaction
- early Riolu as a guilty pleasure
- Shining Charm

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
When you first enter, you have to make a quick movie. It's takes 5minutes to do, not in any way damaging to the soul.

They force the Pokewood on you?

in what way?

That sounds like it'd be kinda annoying. If you just got an explanation that'd be okay but even Musicals you didn't have to do anything upon first entering. :(

DarkWolf13

Battle Subway Editor
Years
What I like most is the many tutoring moves that the Unova Pokemon are now capable of using! I can't wait for this game to be released!

However, from the few gameplays I watched, a potential disappointment I'm starting to point out is the same old Battle Subway normal lines where there is ONLY Unova pokemon... idk if any of you can prove me wrong about that... that's the only disappointment i see...

Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2012

Dislikes:
Spoiler:
I definitely agree with this.

Spoiler:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Spoiler:

lmao I'll use spoilers just to follow the pattern.

Spoiler:

Haseyo

쏘쿨
Years
Spoiler:

As for the Battle Subway, I don't see the point of it anymore .-. everyone will be at PWT, and all TMs obtained from the Battle Subway have been moved to the PWT.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Spoiler:

As for the Battle Subway, I don't see the point of it anymore .-. everyone will be at PWT, and all TMs obtained from the Battle Subway have been moved to the PWT.

Spoiler:

I'm glad that the Subway still exists since while I didn't use it that much it was still an alternate way to test out battling strategies, so it's always good to have those - if only it counted towards exp!

SouKoLian9102

That 1 Kid Who Plays Pokemon
Years
I have the Japanese version and I love 98% of the game so far.
However, I don't really like the playable character sprites (I think I mentioned that somewhere), The 3 Pokemon for the later Gym Leaders and No outfit change for some of the Leaders. Its out of place that Elesa gets a new outfit change but the rest don't?
I know sh's a fashion model but still...

Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2012
This spoiler thing is silly. So I'm gonna stop it.

Yeah, I'm with the folks who think that Pikachu does not get too much attention. Pikachu is the mascot, after all.

And loving, loving, loving the mere existence of the challenge mode. May it stick around permanently. The Pokemon fandom consists of all sorts of gamers, ... and even people who aren't gamers and follow Pokemon much in the same way Hello Kitty is typically followed. But among those people are the "hardcore" type who like a good challenge.

Challenge mode is wonderful for being able to do that.

Haseyo

쏘쿨
Years
I didn't find it out of place that they haven't changed. In G/S/C the Kanto leaders still had the same outfits, right?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I didn't find it out of place that they haven't changed. In G/S/C the Kanto leaders still had the same outfits, right?

Yeah but there's the issue of Elesa actually having a change whereas everyone else didn't. If you're doing just one why not do the rest. :(

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Well I guess that does make it make a bit more sense but it still is kinda disappointing to have four exactly the same while the other four are "different" (nevermind that three are "new" - what I mean is clear lmao).

Raichupacabra

Villain
Years
From what I've read so far, the game seems perfect. The only thing that bugs me is that Tate and Liza (along with other returning chararacters) made no changes in appearance whatsoever.

Haseyo

쏘쿨
Years
Personally I like how they stayed the same. It makes them who they are. But that's just me.

I wish there was a "legendary" filter in the GTS. I'm tired of searching for something simple like a Shroomish and everyone's asking for Reshiram / Zekrom / Shaymin and other ridiculous stuff. Probably my only disappoint, but that's more of the community and not the game itself.

Back