• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Liquid Crystal [3.3.xxxxx Live Beta]

Zameric

The One and Only
Years
CycloneGU said:
rpg man said:
ummm i found A wild cyndaquil lv3 male in the wild.........0.o
I believe this is normal, but they are probably quite rare (as are all three starters). After all, you can't trade, so you have to get to all the Pokémon SOMEhow...
Apparently I haven't been lucky enough to find any of the starters in the wild, but there is a man south of Route 34 that gives you a Cyndaquil.

Years
  • Seen Aug 17, 2013
In Beta 3.2, there is no way anything can cause Bad Eggs which was put in on our side. The vars/flags/trainerflags which would previously have clashed were completely moved. Literally the only things which can cause them in Beta 3.2 would be direct memory manipulation (which we don't do at any point in the game) and cheats.

What I'm trying to tell you is that there's no reason for your reported bad eggs, and no-one else (that I've seen) has reported any either. Perhaps your emulator is malfunctioning, or you're using the wrong emulator, or using cheats - I don't know, but there's nothing we've put in the hack which could cause bad eggs.

Any updates on the game itself? How is the progress so far for the new version?

Complete all the puzzels in the Ruins of Alph in the order you wish, but Kabuto first (if you get: The puzzle has already been put into place. :go to a different one).
After they are completed then you are getting a message: Something has risen up on a distant island. :then the pedestales are there and then you are needing the red, blue and yellow flute. Speak with each of the pedestals and they will unlock the bird of there color. After that you will have lost your flutes and than you can searching the birds.
P.S.:Post the locations of the birds here.
(Beta 3.1)

Well, Beta 3.2 have this bug that disallow the pedestals to appear even aftering solving the puzzles int he Ruins of Alph.

Years
  • Seen Nov 7, 2012
In Beta 3.2, there is no way anything can cause Bad Eggs which was put in on our side. The vars/flags/trainerflags which would previously have clashed were completely moved. Literally the only things which can cause them in Beta 3.2 would be direct memory manipulation (which we don't do at any point in the game) and cheats.

What I'm trying to tell you is that there's no reason for your reported bad eggs, and no-one else (that I've seen) has reported any either. Perhaps your emulator is malfunctioning, or you're using the wrong emulator, or using cheats - I don't know, but there's nothing we've put in the hack which could cause bad eggs.
I hope you dint see my previous posts. I havent been using any cheats since i started playing pokemon games for last 5/6 yrs. Maybe its got to with my vba. as u say its got a bug or something.. lets c wats happens next

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
I hope you dint see my previous posts. I havent been using any cheats since i started playing pokemon games for last 5/6 yrs. Maybe its got to with my vba. as u say its got a bug or something.. lets c wats happens next

I didn't mean for my post to come across as accusationary, it was just throwing out some possible ideas, that's all.

An explanation of how I know we have nothing which can cause bad eggs:

Bad Eggs in ROM Hacks are almost always caused by usage of Variables and Flags which conflict with the box storage RAM. In Beta 3.1, there was plentiful usage of such vars and flags.

The reason Beta 3.2 demands a restart from an older beta, is due to the fact that we actually repointed these variables and flags into a brand new, clean memory location. I personally rewrote the routines so that only the known safe vars/flags would be accepted, or our new safe vars/flags. None of these share memory locations with the box or Pokémon data, which is the traditional cause of bad eggs, as with every setting/clearing of a flag or setting of a variable, it was possible to accidentally overwrite Pokémon data, which, in turn, meant that the checksum would no longer be correct, and as such, the Pokémon would become a bad egg.

If you follow that explanation (hopefully you do), you will see that only memory modification, through cheating or direct modification using VBA's memory viewer, is the only remaining possible influence.

Again, I'm not accusing you of cheating, but there's nothing in the coding of the game which would allow this to happen, so it makes no sense to us that you're reporting bad eggs, especially when no-one else appears to be.

Any updates on the game itself? How is the progress so far for the new version?

Not really. The only change made recently was that I put in failsafes for when there are no scripts assigned to an NPC or a sign. Under normal circumstances, these would (or could) crash the game. I put in code and scripts which act as "standard" scripts if LaZ fails to assign a script to an NPC or sign.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
yeaah but i got it in the first route!!!( in Jhoto)
Speaking of starters, it would interest me - as happens in HeartGold/SoulSilver - whether you get the three Kanto starters from various people (including Professor Oak). Does that happen here as well, or are they among the randomites?

Cyclone

Years
  • Seen Nov 7, 2012
I didn't mean for my post to come across as accusationary, it was just throwing out some possible ideas, that's all.

An explanation of how I know we have nothing which can cause bad eggs:

Bad Eggs in ROM Hacks are almost always caused by usage of Variables and Flags which conflict with the box storage RAM. In Beta 3.1, there was plentiful usage of such vars and flags.

The reason Beta 3.2 demands a restart from an older beta, is due to the fact that we actually repointed these variables and flags into a brand new, clean memory location. I personally rewrote the routines so that only the known safe vars/flags would be accepted, or our new safe vars/flags. None of these share memory locations with the box or Pokémon data, which is the traditional cause of bad eggs, as with every setting/clearing of a flag or setting of a variable, it was possible to accidentally overwrite Pokémon data, which, in turn, meant that the checksum would no longer be correct, and as such, the Pokémon would become a bad egg.

If you follow that explanation (hopefully you do), you will see that only memory modification, through cheating or direct modification using VBA's memory viewer, is the only remaining possible influence.

Again, I'm not accusing you of cheating, but there's nothing in the coding of the game which would allow this to happen, so it makes no sense to us that you're reporting bad eggs, especially when no-one else appears to be.

Thanks Jambo51 for ur explanation on those things.. I do understand wat you say.. May be its some prob related to my vba.. Should try a different one. I ll try to post you if i found any glitches.. again thanks for ur reply..

Years
  • Seen Aug 17, 2013
Good to know the game is still in sight for more additions.

One more thing, after defeating the Team 17, all we get is a Stardust? I mean the NPC said that this item can enable us to go further in our journey. Where can we go with that particular Stardust? I'll try the Rayquaza infinite staircase later with that Stardust..

Reject217

Great Pokémon Reject
Years
am I the only one who has his Pokedex mixed up? i.e. Having Crobat listed in it, but not Golbat, having Charizard listed in, but not Charmeleon

Years
  • Seen Jun 22, 2015
I got a save error in the beta 3.2 playing on a Supercard DSTWO where I can't save the game and it wasn't a problem because I used save states but now I've beaten Lance, the game resets after the credits. Is there a way to fix this?

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
This is because the hack is semi supported in all other emulators than VBA .

I saw a special edition of VBA from last Christmas. Does that solve the problem?

Bone Storm, copy the save state and ROM into another emulator's folder. If you have a save state before defeating Lance, use that. I play in VBA myself, and have DeSMuNe, but find that if I take multiple screenies the filenames are just random instead of an order like 1, 2, 3...you instead get 75436_65437, 25466_29675, and more like that. So I use VBA for anything I do, but the save states can be moved over before the save starts (even if the save state is during the credits, it works).

Cyclone

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
Right, I'm going to say this once and for all.

SAVESTATES CAUSE PROBLEMS IN AND OF THEMSELVES. IF YOU HAVE BEEN USING SAVESTATES WE WILL DISREGARD ANY BUG REPORT. YOU MUST USE THE IN GAME SAVE IF POSSIBLE. IT IS NOT POSSIBLE TO COMPLETE THE GAME USING SAVESTATES, YOU MUST USE THE IN GAME SAVE.

Sorry for the caps and bold, but it needs to be obvious to attract you guys' attention.

As for the reports of the messed up Pokédex, this is entirely possible. The Regional Dex change was implemented after the release of Beta 3.2 (IIRC).

There may be a couple of issues with it, but there shouldn't be. I'll give it a whirl in the near future to test.

ShadowBlast12345

Shadow Blasting since '05
Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2014
Okay so I beat the elite fojr for the 162nd time, and for some reason when the game restarted and I was in front of my house again, all the fly markets were gone so I have to walk everywhere... Does anyone else have this problem or is there a way to fix this?

Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2013
Too much rain, useless Fire Pokemon.

So I've gotten use to the higher levelled Pokemon for increased difficulty. That's not a problem.
However, It's always(seriously, freaking always) raining, making my Quilava absolutely useless to fight with. I mean seriously. Not only does it power up water types, but it decreases Fire types' damage. This is really irritating. He's the strongest Pokemon I have, and I can't use him because he can't use his only good stat, Special attack.

Years
  • Seen Aug 17, 2013
Okay so I beat the elite fojr for the 162nd time, and for some reason when the game restarted and I was in front of my house again, all the fly markets were gone so I have to walk everywhere... Does anyone else have this problem or is there a way to fix this?

This happens to me when I was surfing in orange island and for some weird reason, I ended up on route 100. all my fly spots were gone

ShadowBlast12345

Shadow Blasting since '05
Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2014
This happens to me when I was surfing in orange island and for some weird reason, I ended up on route 100. all my fly spots were gone
It's possible to fix it by walking to all the fly spots, but for me I could only get violet, goldenrod, ecruteak, and mahogany (not sure if those are the exact ones, but I think those are the ones that work) back but kanto and the orange islands still work.. I think the 4 johto areas that work and the orange islands are supposed to be the sevii islands from the fire red base if i'm not mistaken

Back