• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A Special Spot in Your Heart

Pothus

The Necromancer
Years
Great thread.

Aerodactyl - Just the way it looks, it always will have a spot in my heart. No other Pokemon will give me the same feeling as this one. It's also the first pokemon I got to level 100.

You can click on this Aerodactyl for more pictures

Last edited:
Years
Growlithe - Beat the champions final Pokemon on Pokemon Red and Single handedly beat the 5th gym on Pokemon Gold, also my favourite Pokemon.

Chikorita - My first Pokemon.

Pidgey - First pokemon captured

Geodude - First Pokemon evolved

Rattata - First Shiny

Years
  • Seen Jul 10, 2013
Typhlosion: My starter from the first pokemon game i owned (silver) plus hes a badass.
Pidgeot: I always seem to have a pidgeot on my team whenever i start a new game, ive probably raised around 15 to level 70+

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
My favourite Pokemon is Aerodactyl, but I've had one in every game that I could have done, so it's impossible for one specifically to have a special spot in my heart. No, for that I have to go with my Magnezone in SoulSilver.

"What's that?" I hear you cry. "You can't get Magnezone in HGSS because there's no Mt. Coronet/Chargestone Cave!" And you would be right in that assessment. But the crazy thing is that I reeeeeally wanted a Magnezone for my SoulSilver playthrough, so I went out and bought a used DS and used Platinum for the sole purpose of trading and subsequently obtaining my Magnezone. It was, admittedly, a move of madness on my part... I only started playing the Platinum game for real years later. But that Magnezone occupies a special spot in my heart accordingly.

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
Years
Wartortle: It was the first starter evolution I fell in love with and Squirtle was the first started I ever beat the game with. I pick it almost every time I replay Blue.

Umbreon: Never really liked any of the Eevee evolutions until Umbreon and when I got it to evolved into Umbreon eventually and over the course of that original playthrough of Silver it became one of my favs.

Ampharos: Caught a Mareep the same playthrough as the Umbreon and again it evolved into Falaffy and then Ampharos and it became one of my favorites...so much that my original username on PC was based on it.

Years
Charmander: the first starter I ever used way back in Red.
Pikachu: Pikachu was what originally got me into Pokémon, it was the first card I got from the TCG.
Cydaquill: The starter that I used the first time I beat the Elite Four and Champion ever, all the other times before I lost.
Piplup: The first new Pokémon I'd choosen after my 8 year hiatus from new Pokémon.

Killjoy

"He was a laser fish."
Years
Typhlosion is the one Pokémon I will use over and over again. Of the 15 plus play throughs of G/S/HG I've used him at least 9 times. It was the first Pokémon I ever got to Lv100 as well.

Since I first saw Haxorus, I thought it was so cool, and it now leads my main team on White.

And as of just a little while ago, Misdreavus. Such a cool Pokémon, and one of my favorites.

Sakura Rain

→Let's laugh at everything!
Years
ArcanineArcanineArcanineArcanineArcanine

Arcanine, because I had six of them in my old Red version, for whatever reason, and it's just fluffy and cute and awesome and kfjsdlfk. Arcanine will always be my favorite pokemon <333333

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
Years
Pikachu: My favorite Pokemon.
Darkrai: My favorite legendary.
Charizard: First Pokemon I ever played with (as a Charmander). Also the first one I managed to get to Lv.100. It's still in my Pokemon Red Version.
Butterfree: My first ever shiny, caught in Gold Version.

Years
Bulbasaur : my favorite Pokemon
Mantine : cos I love stingrays/manta rays !!!
Volcarona : so beautiful , flapping it's wings, and the fuzzy body ! It's such a beautiful Pokemon with amazing colors ! It's like a moth/flower/alien. I use my Volcarona to fly and hatch eggs .

lasttfarewell

hiatus till december :<
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 31, 2014
Vulpix: always dreamed of having a vulpix irl c: wouldn't it be cool? :D
Treecko: i liked this guy in my class once and my classmates referred to him as treecko because i like treecko :>
another more related reason is that we only get to see the cool side of treecko so i always imagine a lot of other personalities for it to have.
Bulbasaur: i don't know why but in my eyes bulbasaur is really really cute, especially when it fell in love <3

Ninjagon

Back from a break.
Years
I have more but at the moment, too lazy too name them..
Charizard: Other than fact he looks and is a complete BOSS, Charmander was my first starter. Also Charizard is the first Pokemon I got to Lv. 100.

Years
It's always the starters, for me. I've yet to play through a game without using my starter as the main Pokemon (except for when I did a monotype challenge and so on).
I probably like Cyndaquil the most. I spent most of my time playing Gold/Silver than any other game, and Typhlosion was just the best. Of course back then I'd pretty much only use my starter, but he always won, so.. no problems there!

Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Jan 29, 2013
Charizard: I'm not sure why, I just love everything about it.

Lugia: The Power of One is my favourite movie, so because of that I've alway loved Lugia.

Ampharos: My Ampharos in SoulSilver is my most prized Pokémon so yeah, I just love it.

Years
  • Seen Oct 21, 2012
- Arcanine/Growlithe: Just my favourite pokémon they are fluffy and cute and remind me of dogs who are humans best friend
-Magmar: It looks just awsome, I like firetypes in general!

blue

gucci
Years
Feraligatr & Ariados we're the first two Pokemon I got to Level 100 in the same night respectively. That was on Pokemon Silver back in around 01'

Arumus

Insert user title here..
Years
I remember the first trading card I had, which was a Machoke. I was 8 at the time and only had them picture cards of Pokemon, before the battling ones came out. I eventually ended up having about 15 Machokes, so it lost it's sentimental value.

I've always felt attached to Bulbasaur and Charizard, mainly through their portrayals in the anime. I may like a design of a Pokemon, but the anime brings them to life. Any of the Pokemon in the first series holds a place in my heart, along with the first movie.

Years
Ninetales - All time favourite pokémon, love its sleek and elegant design.
Vaporeon - Loved it since I saw its sprite in Pokémon Stadium/
Venomoth - Completely changed the way I viewed bug pokémon.
Swellow - First flying type I really adored.
Sceptile - Has become my favourite starter, like Venomoth changed way I saw grass types.
Manectric - Same as Swellow but for Electric type.

Back