• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Shiny Gold!

Dr.Garchomp

Mr.Gaburiasu
Years
*sniff* so beautiful... I restarted my game to get the full effect, and it looks totally reformed. I see you got rid of that little yellow dot on the pokemart. ;) The music was especially "GSCesqe"(with a little DP). Yeah... basically everything is new and wonderful! It makes for a good New Year's present!

Years
  • Seen Feb 19, 2014
Zel, I found a bug

When DOuble Battling Carlos in the Azlea Gym, I only had my croconaw and an egg. When double battling, 2 croconaws appeared. I was suprised so i looked at my part, and switched back to battle veiw. WHen I switched back. 2 oddly colored togepis appeared...

Years
  • Seen Sep 24, 2010
Zel, I found a bug

When DOuble Battling Carlos in the Azlea Gym, I only had my croconaw and an egg. When double battling, 2 croconaws appeared. I was suprised so i looked at my part, and switched back to battle veiw. WHen I switched back. 2 oddly colored togepis appeared...

This bug is knowen. It even says in the first post not to double battle with the egg.

Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2011
argh. i can't figure out how to get it to save on my flash card. at least i can play it somewhat portably on a gba emulator on my psp XD

good job for getting the johto map. at last i can fly.

i've heard that the flyposts are messed up for blackthorn and mahogany. how bad is it? is it just that you dont warp to pokecenter or do you get stuck in a wall?

LastHand

Rockets Revenge Fanclub Member
Years
What are the starters that are now avalible?
Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2008
help me please

hey..,may i ask you what im going to do to go to cianwood city?there are rocks that surrounds olivine city so i cant go further...i cant also enter olivine lighthouse

LastHand

Rockets Revenge Fanclub Member
Years
hey..,may i ask you what im going to do to go to cianwood city?there are rocks that surrounds olivine city so i cant go further...i cant also enter olivine lighthouse

You my friend are running an old beta download the most recent one.

EDIT: This says it better. READ THE FAQ!!!

Q: Why can't I go into the Lighthouse? (C)
A: Because you are playing a really old Beta. Probably, if you are playing a bought version, that means you got the "pirate" version, and so, I cannot be responsible for that (if you can, get a refund). The latest releases are meant only to work on PCs, without spending money on them (and they reach further than the pirate versions). Get the rom and my patch in order to play.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Forgive me if it has been asked, but I just reset-ed my game and started a new game. The hack's amazing, don't get me wrong there! :D

Anyways, here are my questions/list of bugs...
1. There were two trainers battling in in the route above Cherrygrove, and the trainer saids "Go, SPEAROW!"... Later, after giving back the EGG, I challenged him and wow, a RATTATA.., so what happened to his SPEAROW..?
2. While reading PROF. ELM's message after beating the Flying GYM, some of his lines were cut... "...discover..."then next line. But nah~ Small error, easy to fix and ignore. :D
3. Why can't I run around the outside areas of Ruins of Alph? :\
4. An Igglibuff in the ruins? :\

Enjoying the game~

Dio

Years
  • Seen Aug 12, 2010
There is a BIG bug :(

I am on the road to go to E4,when you surf east from New Bark Town,pass the waterfall cave,battle 2-3 trainers (after the trainer that has 2 starmies lvl 31 and a Nidoking/nidoqueen i dont remember well) and in the road there is a spot that when you step or surf on it the game RESETS itself.I can't continue because wherever i step, the game resets.Does it happen to someone else?Can it be fixed somehow?

Btw the game rocks.It is awesome keep up the good work.Too bad i can't continue :(

Last edited:

foullump

Rom Hacking Guru
Years
Originally Posted by pkmnmaster69 View Post
Im sorry if im not suspose to post this bug here though but when i lost to carlos after beating the eructuk city gym leader all the trainer battle music is the carlos one can anyone help me out how to get rid of it
That's incredibly weird! This post would probably have blended in with all the other posts, but I gotta say that this is very unusual.

Actually, it's extremely common. This will happen every time you lose to carlos. This is because the setvar 0x7030/7033 command changes all the common music to the carlos/elitefour/champion/anything music. Therefore, this is a glitch that can be fixed by a change in scripting, and it will happen every time you lose to carlos.

Sorry if this has already been resolved; I haven't been on in a while.

Night_Blue

STFU
Years
  • Seen Dec 6, 2011
Spoiler:

nice hack

Nicolas

O c t o j a R e j s t r o m
Years
Forgive me if it has been asked, but I just reset-ed my game and started a new game. The hack's amazing, don't get me wrong there! :D

1. There were two trainers battling in in the route above Cherrygrove, and the trainer saids "Go, SPEAROW!"... Later, after giving back the EGG, I challenged him and wow, a RATTATA.., so what happened to his SPEAROW..?

Well my friend, the Igglybuff is pretty common around here to question.... pls. read the 1st post...
But it seemes that the Spearow thing is true, when the youngster is battling, the "Go Spearow" line comes in..... like the youngster was using a Spearow but when you battled him his Spearow disappears.....
Must be a common mistake on Zel or in "PKMN GOld" so neh......

I must say the game really rock w/ the phone booths and some other thingees, the game rock keep up the good work there zel!

pizzakoe

Experienced Spriter
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 12, 2023
Uhm, I know this isn't really the place to ask, but eh..
Spoiler:

Thanks..

Years
  • Seen Jan 24, 2016
can someone PM me with the solution to the whirlpool level of the trickhouse? thanks!

shinygoldash

bagel-meister ;)
Years
Why doesn't Zel just use any pokemon center script for the nurse like the cerulean nurse.
It would fix the "Killing Pokemon Center"!

Years
  • Seen Aug 1, 2015
Zel, I like your hack, but can someone PM me the solution for the trickhouse maze after beating Pryce

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
People, stop asking about the solution of that trick house puzzle. It's not hard. You just need to search carefully. And, in the end, remember where you are "the trick house" so the puzzle is supposed to be... tricky XD

Sometimes trainers just don't battle me.. as if I battled them earlier.
Is an old save ( from b4) could cause it? ( I naturally patched on clean fr rom )

Yes, there was a lot of trainers repointings so if you are using an old beta save then you'll be having a lot of non-battles (because you've already battle them before, even if they were other people)

Is the event with getting tyrouge still in the game?
I usually do that, to geet either hitmontop or hitmonlee.

Yes, it's still there. I'm not gonna remove anything if it was working fine and it was in the original Gold.

The same thing happened to me just I lost in the extra battle in the Azalia Gym, and another musical glich sertan team rocket member cause there special music to play on other traners. And another one, is that on sertan routes the pokemon battle music is wrong meaning it's legandary pkm music.

lastly zel I couden't help myself and opened SG in advanced map and saw a bunch a other maps that I can't seem to find my way too. Like Mt. Steel, and Pureity Forest where are these?

OK, I got it. There's some problems with losing certain battles. We'll have to test things more throughly next time.

Ehhhmmm... Sorry, cannot really tell you here...

Great and amazing hack dude, I'll try to make a little banner or sig for you, ok?

Just take a look at the ones posted at the first post if you want a guide or to know which kind of stuff I like (but remember that I still need to update that first post)

i've heard that the flyposts are messed up for blackthorn and mahogany. how bad is it? is it just that you dont warp to pokecenter or do you get stuck in a wall?

No, they actually work (they'll send you to the proper city... just not in front of the PokeCenter, but they do work)

2. While reading PROF. ELM's message after beating the Flying GYM, some of his lines were cut... "...discover..."then next line. But nah~ Small error, easy to fix and ignore. :D
3. Why can't I run around the outside areas of Ruins of Alph? :\

Enjoying the game~

1.You can guess that there's no Rattata overworld in FR, and since I didnt want to touch overworlds when I started SG, then I just decided to transform it into a Spearow. What could have happened to his Spearow, well, who knows... Maybe he stored it into his PC or traded it with someone for that Rattata (be creative ^^)
2.OK, haven't noticed that.
3.You can't run around a few other areas other than R.Alph, in fact. More stuff needed to be checked.
4.Yes, we've discussed about it. I wanted to give a baby Pokemon early. And it was because I couldn't fill the place with just Unowns (it was freezing my game)

Spoiler:

nice hack

OK.

hey can anyone gimme the order of the undergroud shulttles pls

Simple: Just read the walkthroughs whenever you first have a gameplay question (this goes for everyone else)

Why doesn't Zel just use any pokemon center script for the nurse like the cerulean nurse.
It would fix the "Killing Pokemon Center"!

Because I have used it, in fact. And that's the thing that's causing the mess, because there must be an incompatibility between an original script and the fact that the PokeCenter has been made from scratch.

Back