• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokémon Pure Gold

ZodiacDaGreat

Working on a Mobile System
Years
74N 73R50N said:
ZodiacDaGreat claims that there wasn't any bugs so... I'm just trying to help.
Well, basically there wasn't :P Only happened because of the extra event I placed there while my previous events on that map had wrong 'Person Number' values hence causing mayhem. I've fixed that already, so since I had to put the extra event for the Alpha only, I don't consider it as a bug.

sir.euge

Bunchies Back!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 17, 2012
Yo zodiac, i know its hard for you to keep information to urself about this hack and that alot of people are annoying you for a beta and stuff but i think that you should release a beta when u feel the time is right. you will feel more pleased with urself and the people at this community will thank you for making such a good game for us to enjoy. We all crave for some pokemon fun!

ZodiacDaGreat

Years
sir.euge said:
Yo zodiac, i know its hard for you to keep information to urself about this hack and that alot of people are annoying you for a beta and stuff but i think that you should release a beta when u feel the time is right. you will feel more pleased with urself and the people at this community will thank you for making such a good game for us to enjoy. We all crave for some pokemon fun!
Hey, thanks. I also want to do the same since we are all on a tight schedule aye? Anyway, I got some progress on my Mobile system so I'm gonna shed some light and how it works.

Basically, G/S/C has 27 trainers that will call you - alot, besides Mom, Prof. Elm and Bill. Pure Gold may have more ;) So, here are your 27 trainers which I copied from G/S/C platinum's site since they did the research so credits to them ^^
Youngster Joey (Route 30)
Bug Catcher Wade (Route 31)
Picnicker Liz (Route 32)
Fisher Ralph (Route 32): Informs you of Qwilfish in the area.
Hiker Anthony (Route 33): Informs you of Dunsparce in the area.
Pikcnicker Gina (Route 34)
Camper Todd (Route 34)
Juggler Irwin (Route 35)
Bug Catcher Arnie (Route 35): Informs you of Yanma in the area.
Pokefan Beverley (National Park)
Schoolboy Jack (National Park)
Schoolboy Alan (Route 36)
Lass Dana (Route 38)
Schoolboy Chad (Route 38): Informs you of Snubbull in the area.
Pokefan Derek (Route 39)
Sailor Huey (Olivine City)
Fisher Chris (Route 42)
Fisher Wilton (Route 44): Informs you of Remoraid in the area.
Bird Keeper Vance (Route 44)
Hiker Parry (Route 45): Informs you of Marrill in the area.
Blackbelt Kenji (Route 45)
Picknicker Erin (Route 46)
Cooltrainer Reena (Route 26)
Bird Keeper Jose (Route 26)
Cooltrainer Gaven (Route 27)
Cooltrainer Beth (Route 27)
So, to have them all work. I will have a table for Phone Calls using this format:
[Index of Trainer][Pointer to Trainer Name][Pointer to Trainer's Script]

Elsewhere I will have a counter that does some magic and then generates a random number, which will be use to call a certain trainer from the table and execute it's script. The script itself will have the conditions and if they are met then you get your call. Thoughts?

Years
  • Seen Jul 29, 2010
is a good hack but you do not think
this story is not a bit outdated and has many
competitors

altariaking

Needs NO VMs...
Years
@luan
yes, there are a lot of jhoto remakes, but this one is likely to be filled to the top with asm, and unlike most other remakes, it's good (sorry zel, but SG just didn't appeal to me)

@pokemaniac
that's the end of the alpha.

sir.euge

Bunchies Back!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 17, 2012
is a good hack but you do not think
this story is not a bit outdated and has many
competitors
This thread is about pure gold so go away. anyways i like how you made the mobile system zodiac. are we going to be able to call the trainers? rematches? sorry for asking too much

Years
  • Seen Nov 22, 2010
Woah! Are you SURE this is a Ruby hack?! The graphics are too Firered like. Also, the titlescreen is AMAZING.

Good luck on this, I'll be sure to play it once a beta comes out.

ZodiacDaGreat

Years
G4briel said:
No way! That is why its called "Pure Gold", or else it would have a totally diferent name...
Lol, its such a pun XD

sir.euge said:
This thread is about pure gold so go away. anyways i like how you made the mobile system zodiac. are we going to be able to call the trainers? rematches? sorry for asking too much
Well, 1st I gotta make a working system - the "calling you" part is important. As for calling them, its easier - see zel had it in just a script :p

EBAiscool said:
Woah! Are you SURE this is a Ruby hack?! The graphics are too Firered like. Also, the titlescreen is AMAZING.

Good luck on this, I'll be sure to play it once a beta comes out.
Thank you! ^^

Years
  • Seen May 15, 2015
I'm new here but honestly this hack is something else ...
the effort that your putting in this hack . I'm sure that it will make this hack one of the best hacks out there
good luck with this ...

Years
  • Seen May 19, 2012
any chance of a silver version with the changed capture areas and lugia to capture first?

sir.euge

Bunchies Back!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 17, 2012
any chance of a silver version with the changed capture areas and lugia to capture first?
Wow, whats the point of that. This thread is only for Pure Gold.And by the way Zodiacthegreat, are you going to have the full mobile device(like worldmap and stuff)or is it just the phone? Thanks

Years
  • Seen May 19, 2012
because the remake is good, and it would be neat to have the very slight differences in a silver version, that's all.

in fact, i'd be willing to help out make a parallel version once this is nearing completion, if necessary.

since the only main differences are the capturing:
[there was a url to bulbapedia specifying the different ones, but i cant post URL's yet =/]

and what wing you get to capture the first legendary bird. and i think its important to keep the trading aspect in a pokemon game =)

Last edited:

Fire Blazer

Gomu Gomu no...
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2011
Even if HeartGold is out, I still anticipate this hack a bit. It looks pretty solid and it seems like a lot of work has already been put into it.

I've never heard of unLZ-GBA hacked, but umm, unLZ-GBA itself is extremely outdated. GBA Graphics Editor can do everything unLZ-GBA does and much more. It's also more efficient and can be run on non-Windows operating systems with Mono installed.

I would give you a link but I'd probably be banned or posting links to other websites... to give you an idea, it can load palettes (compressed and uncompressed), graphics (LZ77 compressed and uncompressed), TSA, edit colors, view 4bpp, 8pp, indexed bitmap and truecolor bitmap graphics (IIRC), insert bitmaps with multiple options (abort options, repoint graphics and/or palette), save bitmaps, load TSA/view an image with TSA loaded, and yeah.

IPS patching works too but UPS patching is better IMO. NUPS is the best program for UPS patching but Tsukiyomi works too.

Just some suggestions to try and help a little. Good luck with the hack.

Back