• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Youngster (5 Route) Challenge

megamasher3

Quizzical Enthusiast
Years
Hey guys, here's a new challenge I came up with.

RULES:
-Only pokemon from the first 5 routes may be caught (caves and forests count as routes, cities do not). Headbutting is fine, but surfing and fishing rods are only to be used in case you need a surfer (as per in the notes section, and even then not beyond good rod).

-Limit 2 captures per route, six pokemon total*

-No HM slaves! All captured pokemon must be used in battle**

-No trade (ingame or otherwise) or gift pokemon (not including starter). Not even for evolution purposes (i.e. no Alakazams)!

OTHER NOTES

*If a capture(s) is needed for REQUIRED pokedex reasons (i.e. in order to get HM 05 in RBY) then you may ignore the six pokemon rule, but all pokemon captured beyond your first six must be immediately released.

** Should you not be able to aquire or do not possess a pokemon who can use a necessary HM (fly and flash do not count) a dummy for that single HM may be caught, but it must permanantly replace one member of your current team. It also must be captured from the first route that that type may be caught (i.e. the first route you can fish for surf).

----When (rarely) applicable, breeding is allowed, however the offspring must permanantly replace one of the parents for the remainder of the run.
----For an extra challenge, combine this with Nuzlocke or unevolved runs, lol.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well that's all there is to it. Just let me know if you want to participate. I'll be doing it in my FIRE RED, if you care to join me. Just state the game you will be playing, and try to keep me posted on your current team. Thanks, and enjoy :)

S
ign Up Sheet
Atie- FireRed: Pokemon (unknown)

Completed

new2.png

In order (left to right): Reptar, Laserbeak, Rattrap, Mufasa, Porkins, Mariposa

Last edited:
Years
Just for clarification purposes, these are the five locations where you can legally catch Pokemon in each region (in chronological order), correct?:

Kanto: Route 1, Route 22, Route 2, Viridian Forest, Route 3
Johto: Route 29, Route 46, Route 30, Route 31, Dark Cave
Hoenn: Route 101, Route 102, Route 103, Route 104, Petalburg Woods
Sinnoh: Route 201, Lake Verity, Route 202, Route 203, Oreburgh Gate
B1W1 Unova: Route 1, Route 2, Dreamyard, Route 3, Wellspring Cave
B2W2 Unova: Route 19, Route 20, Sangi Ranch, Virbank Industrial Complex, Route 4

megamasher3

Quizzical Enthusiast
Years
Yes those are the correct routes, and yes ROMs are alright to use...but please stick the main games...no fan ROM games unfortunately or hacking to allow better pokemon on the first routes, lol.

Years
Just one more question: Are you limited to catching your Pokemon in grass and on cave floors, or is it allowed to catch Pokemon with other methods (surfing, fishing, Headbutt, Rock Smash, Dual-Slot Mode) provided it's on/in one of the allowed areas?

Years
Count me in for the Ultimate **** this is going to be damn awesome I'll go:
FireRed-SoulSilver(or Crystal if I feel like)-Saphire-Platinum-Black(2 if there will be a full-storylined translation/US Game release by that time)

megamasher3

Quizzical Enthusiast
Years
Alright, I'll sign you up. In answer to Luigi-san, Headbutt is fine, but surfing and fishing rods are only to be used in case you need a surfer (as per in the notes section, and even then not beyond good rod). Dual Slot mode is sadly forbidden. How can you get to know the pokemon of the region if your using pokemon from somewhere else lol. (rules updated to include this statement).

Btw, just finished the run myself (as well as my black nuzlocke run lol). Final team was as follows:
Reptar (Charizard) :LV 52
Mufasa (Nidoking) : LV 53
Mariposa (Butterfree) :LV 51
Laserbeak (Pidgeot) :LV 49
Rattrap (Raticate) : LV 49
Porkins (Primeape) : LV 49

Good luck to all (I may carry on and do the run again in HG or B2...lol which ever comes first).

Last edited:
Back