• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite pokemon?

RimasLT

My beautiful - Mazda 323F <333
Years
1. Always Venusaur ( Grass / Poison ) my two favorite types in 1 pokemon [^^]

2.Toxicroak - badass appearance,red & blue colors looks fantastic on him.

3.Sceptile - Again badass design, Powerhouse of on my team.

4. (6 gen)- Chesnaught - Big,Strong & furious :)

5. Nidoking or Serperior ( I like them both, but do not know which is better ) So both of them sit in 5 position.

6. Torterra - Grass / Ground monster ( My 4 gen favorite )

So if I will be gym leader / elite 4 member - this would be mine team .

TrinityLovesPokemon

TrinityLovesPokemon
Years
My favorite Pokémon is Growlithe/Arcanine. The reason I love him so much, is because a year ago in September, I came home from school to find my nine year old Japanese Akita dog, Savage, missing. I went into my mother's closet because that's where he hides when he gets scared. There, I found him laying on the floor, motionless. All he did was stare at me and watch me. I tried giving him food and water, and all he would do is throw it up. After about twenty minutes of trying to get him out of the closet I called my mom and she came home from work in a jiffy. We both tried to get him out for about another twenty minutes before she called my dad. My dad had too much work and couldn't make it home, so she called her brother. He came over and carried him out of the closet and set him on a towel, so we could all drag him into the backyard. We got him to stand up and start walking, but even so, he was falling over so we all had to hold onto him as he walked. After about two hours at the vet, we were told we had to put him down because his heart dropped into his stomach. That day was the saddest day of my life, because my best friend had died of his heart slowly falling into his stomach.

I love Growlithe because of that. He reminds me of my best friend who used to walk on this Earth, but is now up in Heaven. Growlithe is also from gen 1, the first gen I ever played and still have. Even though I love Growlithe, I still do not have one, but when I do get one, I will name him after my best friend named Savage. <3

Years
From basically the beginning of the series, I've always had a rotating list of my favorite Pokemon, with some falling out of favor as time passes, but the only Pokemon that I've always considered one of my favorites is Butterfree.

Ever since Ash had caught his Caterpie in the anime, it was one of my favorite Pokemon, and it was heartbreaking to see him let it go as a kid. And partly because of his Butterfree, it was my most sought after Pokemon card alongside Hitmonchan back in elementary, but I had no idea that Butterfree hadn't been including in the Base Set in the first place. My cousin actually imported a Japanese Butterfree for me before the Jungle set even came out in North America, and it's still one of my favorite Pokemon cards to date.

As far as the games are concerned though, I actually avoiding using Butterfree for the longest time, both because of its poor typing, and because of its low stats (compared to most final stage Pokemon, anyway). I finally decided to feature one in my party on HeartGold though, and it actually became my feature Pokemon, winning me more battles than all my other Pokemon combined. It was also just the 3rd Pokemon I'd ever trained up to level 100, with the others being Charizard and Blastoise on FireRed.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Even though I never used it in-game, I really like Gallade because of its design and good movepool. I'm slowly starting to like Greninja, not only because of its sleek design, but also because it's the first speedy Water starter.

Pike Queen

La Exorcista
Years
1. Raichu - The episode "Thunder Shock Showdown" made me fall in love with Raichu.

2. Kyogre - I love that it's design is based off of a killer whale, which is one of my favorite animals. I also love that it's a legendary that affects the weather. Meteorology ftw.

3. Swampert - My personally most useful Pokemon in any game.

4. Dragonair - Because I was obsessed with Clair when I was younger. I wanted to be just like her. xD Dragonair is beautiful.

LoudSilence

more like uncommon sense
Years
  • Age 35
  • US
  • Seen Aug 7, 2016
Scyther has been my favourite since I first played Gen 1. Pangoro recently took the slot of #2, just barely behind Scyther (was a tough call, honestly).

Other than these two I like a bunch of others but I can't really call them "favourites", I just find them cool:

Typhlosion, Houndoom, Absol, Haunter, etc. too many to name!

Sirfetch’d

My favorite Pokemon is one that no one even considers a good Pokemon at all. Castform is and always will be my favorite Pokemon. I just love it's adorable little design, it's amazing movepool, it's cute little gimmick, and just really everything about it. No, it isn't the best Pokemon in terms of stats but overall it is a good little Pokemon to use in-game and I just adore it <3

Years
tumblr_mw0qsbHsnD1t0a200o7_250.png

You knew I was gonna say this right? They don't call me the Oshawott Girl for nothing!

Oshawott is essentially the Pokemon I wanted for years, something cute and badass at the same time. I love how it uses its shell (called a scalchop) as many different weapons as shown in the anime, such as a sword, a shield and even a boomerang. Not to mention how cute he acts in the anime as well, he was essentially my go-to starter in all my 5th Gen Pokemon games. He'll always be my mascot forever.

Aside from Oshawott, I've fallen in love with Sylveon, and most Fairy-types in general. I also love most Water-types out there, including my second fave Pokemon ever, Froakie (and its evos too). I also love a lot of Psychic, Dragon, Normal, Fire, Grass, Ice, Electric and Ghost-types due to their designs. Some of my other notable faves include Pikachu (my fave before Oshawott came), Emolga, Meowstic, Fennekin's evolution line, Xerneas, Togekiss, the elemental monkeys from 5th Gen (especially Pansage) and even Vivillon as of late, with my fave of its forms being River Pattern (aka my region's native pattern).

幕之内 一歩

<b><font color=
Years
My favorite for years has been Pidgeot. It reminded me the most of my favorite animal, a Peregrine Falcon. And he looked badass in my opinion.

Then entered Talonflame, who is modeled after the Peregrine Falcon and well... my favorite since Red and Blue has been unseated. I mean a bird of fire that dive bombs at over 310 MPH (actual Peregrine Falcons were clocked at over 200 MPH) and delivers a nasty kick? PLUS they show embers from their wings as they fly? Probably looks sexy as f*ck.

YES PLEASE!

250px-663Talonflame.png

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
Years
Ground type Pokemon have always been my favorite; probably due to the fact they had an immunity, back before it was cool, and electric types did some serious damage in the earlier generations. Dig was extremely useful for me to get out of caves when I needed to save the game in a safe spot. This led Sandslash to be one of my favorite Pokemon. I'm glad it finally learns all of the STAB/support moves naturally in X&Y. They really gave my guy a lot of love :)

I am also on board the Eevee train since X&Y makes breeding/leveling so easy... well, and the ability to catch them as well! I didn't beat X&Y with an Eevee team yet, but I plan to on my second or third time around. Right now I am breeding Eevee for use at the battle mansion in Kiloude City. Umbreon is my favorite since it had immunity to Psychic attacks (another heavy hitter when it first came out); sadly it has a third vulnerability now....

My first shiny Pokemon ever, I caught in X&Y, a Luvdisc! It's -Def, +SpAttk, but I love it anyways lol. I built a Triple Battle team based on making it work, and I have marginal success against the computer. Vaporeon and Heliolisk can both ignore/get healed by its Surf, which is great fun.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 15, 2014
My favorite Pokemon is Umbreon and Absol.
I think Absol is cool because when you find him you know thats something bad is coming. You can find him at route 13 in pokemon black/white because 13 is a unlucky number.

Umbreon is one of Eevee's elvove but you can't use any stones (water-stone fire-stone leaf-stone thunder-stone or moon-stone) on him to elvove you'll have to make him happy and train him alot when its night time.

Shizzable

The Derpiest One Of All
Years
My favorite Pokemon is Aggron, but I can't really decide what I like after that. Some notable ones are:

-Scraggy
-Magneton
-Exploud
-Whimisicott
-Blastose/Charizard/Venusaur
-Crowbat
-Houndoom
-Blaziken

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
My main favorite Pokémon are definitely Victini and Shaymin, because they are cute and adorable. Aside from these two, I like Pikachu, Oshawott, Snivy, Togekiss, Eevee lines, and Xerneas among others.

Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2017
My favorites pokemon are Bulbasaur and Golem, because I like their designs.

Last edited:

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
Years
It's really hard to pick a favorite Pokemon because there are just so many of them! I'd say Swanna. My passion for Water-types and birds shows why, and Swanna is like the more elegant version of Pelipper. It also shows how much I hate the Electric-type as well, as she is 4x weak to it.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
This is such a tough question. I don't have one favorite and the ones I have changes often. But some I seem to always want to list are...

Sneasel + Weavile
Octillery (and Remoraid!)
Cryogonal (those ice chains)
Charmeleon
Bulbasaur
Zangoose

But I also like Pikachu, Riolu, Honedge, Scizor... a hundred more. Recently Mawile has caught my attention more. There are so many and each is great in its own way :3 Almost.

Years
Feraligatr - my strong pokemon in gold version
Samurott - my other
strong pokemon in White version
Meloetta - Episodes from pokemon BW rival destiny
Uxie - Design
Lugia
- my other strong pokemon in Gold version

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
My favourite Pokemon include: Larvitar, Shuckle, Liepard, Beartic, Reuniclus and Exeggutor. I have a few more, but these are my main faves.

Back