• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Ultimate Monotype Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warship

異議あり!
Years
Update #1

POKEMON PLATINUM
NUMBER OF BADGES: 2

Progress:
Spoiler:

Team:
Spoiler:

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
Never mind what I said in my sign-up post. Can't wait to get this started, so I did.

Ultimate Monotype Challenge: Water || Kanto​

Number of Badges: 3

Update 1:
Spoiler:

There we go. Now for my team.

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Update for Final Ultimate Monotype Challenge - Water!

And now, my final Unova monotype has started, with Water-types!

Update #1 on Black 2.

Name: Devin
Rival: Tyson
Starter: Oshawott

• First I activated Challenge Mode, then started the game.
  • Picked Oshawott as my starter and named him Torrent, as I have all my water starters in every region in this UMC.
  • Defeated Tyson easily thanks to a crit Tackle, then continued on to the beginning parts of the game.

ultwatertyson1.png

• Defeated Tyson again at Floccesy Ranch, then helped the owner find his missing Herdier.

ultwatertyson2.png

• Went to the Aspertia City gym, where I took on Cheren, and Torrent was able to survive with the help of an Oran Berry.

ultwatercheren.png

• Next I "traded" in an egg with Tirtouga in it (version exclusive to BW), then did a bunch of running around while doing the Funfest Mission "Collect Berries!" multiple times.
  • Eventually, the egg hatched into Archelon the Tirtourga!

ultwatertirtouga.png

• Started making my way to Virbank City, training up Archelon as I went. When I arrived, I headed to the Virbank Complex.
  • Defeated all the trainers there, and Torrent evolved into Dewott!

ultwaterdewott.png

• Then I challenged the Virbank City gym, where Archelon defeated Roxie pretty easily with Rollout.

ultwaterroxie.png

• Saved the game just before heading to the Pokéstar Studios.

Team Devin:
564.gif

Archelon the Careful Tirtouga, ♂ - L19 @ Pecha Berry (poof!)
Ability: Solid Rock
Moves: Aqua Jet, Rollout, Bite, Protect
502_2.gif

Torrent the Hasty Dewott, ♂ - L18 @ Pecha Berry
Ability: Torrent
Moves: Razor Shell, Tail Whip, Tackle, Focus Energy

HM Slaves:
504.gif

Patrat - Cut

Last edited:

kosuke

Extraterrestrial DNA
Years
Gotta try this one

Username: kosuke
Type: normal
Challenge: (Single or Ultimate) ultimate
Game(s): LG, SS, E, Pt, W2

Pekin

Wigglytuff is and has always been on acid.
Years
Type: Flying
Game: SoulSilver
Badges: 8

Okay, so it's been a long while since my last update, I kinda took a long break from playing. Anywho, I think I just beat Claire last time. This time, I just beat the Elite Four and the Champion, woohoo! The entire Elite Four was pretty easy. Lance was obviously a bit more trouble, but it was a really fun match, and Jumpluff proved its worth a thousand times. After his first Dragonite took out my Gyarados on my attempt to set up a few Dragon Dances, so I could sweep him, Jumpluff stepped in and Leech Seeded the mofo to death. Dammit, I ****ing love Jumpluff! Sleep Powder, Leech Seed, Substitute, and every single hater goes down. I sent out Gyarados against Charizard, (having had plenty of time to heal up my entire team while Jumpluff was hiding safely behind his substitute) set up a few Dragon Dances and swept the rest of his team clean with Gyarados. It was beautiful.

Here's my team so far:

Spoiler:

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Update for Final Ultimate Monotype Challenge - Water!

Update #2 on Black 2.

• Visited the Pokéstar Studios, then defeated the Plasma Grunts.
  • Got a boat ride from Pop Roxie to Castelia City.
  • Did a little exploring around the city, then headed into the Castelia Sewers with Hugh to defeat Team Plasma.
  • Hugh then gave me the Strength HM, and I went into the grass that was now acessible.
  • Caught Aquaman the Eevee, as well as a Cottonee to trade later.
  • Aquaman won't be evolving until I get to the next city, so I didn't train him up much, as I wanted him learn Aurora Beam (L21).
  • Battled all the trainers in the Sewers, the Battle Co., and the few trainers on Route 4 that were available.
  • Took on the gym, and after a lot of resets, Leavanny missed with Razor Leaf, and Archelon Rollout'd to victory.

ultwaterburgh.png

• Went to Route 4, where I defeated Colress with ease.

ultwatercolress1.png

• Traded the Cottonee I caught earlier for Petulia the Petilil and snagged the Power Anklet she was holding.
  • Continued on through Join Avenue to Nimbasa City, and grabbed the Sun Stone to evolve Petulia into Lilligant.
  • Went to the Battle Subway and played a round of Multi Train (using Petulia and Torrent) with Rosa in order to buy a Water Stone.
  • Used it on Aquaman, and he evolved into Vaporeon!

ultwatervaporeon.png

• Took on good amount of time to defeat all the trainers on Route 4, the Desert Resort, Routes 5 and 16, and in Lostlorn Forest.
  • Finally I went through the old gym and then the new gym, ending at Elesa.
  • Aquaman did a lot of damage here with Aurora Beam, and then Torrent finished off Zebstrika with Revenge.

ultwaterelesa.png

• Saved the game directly after I got out of the gym.

Team Devin:
134.gif

Aquaman the Bold Vaporeon, ♂ - L32 @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
Moves: Aurora Beam, Quick Attack, Acid Armor, Sand-Attack
564.gif

Archelon the Careful Tirtouga, ♂ - L31 @ Hard Stone
Ability: Solid Rock
Moves: Aqua Jet, Smack Down, Crunch, Strength
502_2.gif

Torrent the Hasty Dewott, ♂ - L33 @ Amulet Coin
Ability: Torrent
Moves: Razor Shell, Water Pulse, Revenge, Dig

HM Slaves:
549.gif

Lilligant - Cut, Flash
519.gif

Pidove - Fly

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
Years
Water monotype - LeafGreen

Did I update? I donno. Whatever. Brock was a piece of cake, no effort there. Bought the Magikarp from the scam artist and training it right now (I hate training 'karps). Looking forward to the trek through Mt. Moon (not).

kosuke

Extraterrestrial DNA
Years
I'm gonna update already.

Update #1
Ultimate Monotype Challenge - Normal

Pokemon LeafGreen
  • started my adventure
  • chose Squirtle as starter and won against my rival(Pink is his name)
  • got my Pokedex after doing the necessary things
  • caught a Rattata at route 1 and named her Rater
  • caught a Spearow(if i'm not mistaken, i can use this since Spearow is a Normal/Flying type) at route 22 and named him Spare
  • defeated Pink at route 22
  • battled brock(at pewter city gym obviously) and finished it off with a devastating hyper fang
  • caught a clefairy(named it Treble) and a shiny zubat(so unlucky. but yeah, gotta use him as an HM slave), evolved Rater, and got the dome fossil at mt moon
  • defeated Pink and Misty at Cerulean City

My Current Team
Rater(Raticate lvl21)
Spare(Spearow lvl19)
Treble(Clefairy lvl19)

okay that's all. maybe i'll include some pictures and be more detailed on my next update

qw13

Please do not read this text.
Years
Crystal part is over! It is time for Emerald. But first, it is final team time! Pokemon are listed from most useful to least useful.

Spoiler:

For the other challenges:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Years
Oh boy, I haven't updated in forever. I remember currently being in Johto going for the 7th badge. The reasons I have not been playing it is because lately I've been buying new games like crazy and I always have something to play since the last 4 games I've bought (Tales of Symphonia, Tales of the Abyss, Tales of Graces f & Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch) are 40 hour games that have to be replayed to get 100%. So when I finish the next 20 hours of Graces f and actually start Ni No Kuni, I will probably get back to this. Maybe. I can't guarantee I will but I hope I will.

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
Years
Platinum - Flying Monotype

Been debating whether to do a normal or flying monotype for like ages on this game. Cuz either way I'll get me a Staraptor and Togekiss, but that leaves the rest of the team to figure out. Le sigh. Staraptor and Togekiss are awesome. So a quarter was flipped and landed on Flying. Defeated Roark, but took forever to train. Ended up at level 23 before I could beat him, mostly because I was blindly training and didn't pay attention. :B

Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
  • Caught a Skarmory and a Gligar to replace Noctowl and Xatu
  • After a long Grinding session Elesa was swept away by Gligar
  • Remebered you can find Bagon in VoltWhite and replaced Jumpluff with it
  • Gligar evolved in the Cold Storage and Staravia and Charmeleon somewhere before this
  • Dragon Dance Moxie Gyarados destroyed Clay
  • I went through the electrical cave thing with relative ease
  • BUT nobody mentioned the N battle that followed 6 Rotom formes... Flying monotype challenge...
  • Got slaughtered by N (But remember there's no Slaughter without Laughter)
  • Grinded
  • Grinded
  • Grinded
  • Managed to defeat N WITH GYARAMOTHER****INGDOS by abusing Leaf storm Sp. atk drop and potions and dragon dance.

Team

Staraptor
lvl 51; Quiet; Reckless
- U-turn
- Close Combat
- Quick Attack
- Brave Bird

Skarmory
lvl 51; Jolly; Light Metal
- Night Slash
- Drill peck
- Steel Wing
- Roost

Gliscor
lvl 51; Lonely; Poison Heal
- Fly
- Strength
- Dig
- X-Scissor

Shelgon
lvl 43; Sassy; Overcoat
- Zen Headbutt
- Headbutt
- DragonBreath
- Ember

Charizard
lvl 51; Modest; Solar Power
- Wing Attack
- Dragon Pulse
- Bulldoze
- Flamethrower

Gyarados
lvl 51; Serious; Moxie
- Ice Fang
- Crunch
- Dragon Dance
- Aqua Tail

Years
Ok finally after i finished my exhausting things to do at school I finally finished my White playthrough with my Normal team but I'm sorry I've lost my screenshot >_< and I've erased the save :(

anyway post-game is always the same thing kill everything and everyone with the Lucky Egg got some things like Earthquake catch a Cinccino to trade for Munchlax xD

luckily I wrote all things in an Excel Page so here they are my Final Team:

508.gif
LV72
Hardy Nature
Work Up
Wild Charge
Strength
Crunch

521.gif
LV74 Alder MVP
Brave Nature
Roost
Quick Attack
Fly
Return

586-summer.gif
LV73
Careful Nature
Hi-Jump Kick
Megahorn
Horn Leech
Return

626.gif
LV72
Impish Nature
Megahorn
Earthquake
Head Charge
Stone Edge

335.gif
LV71
Quirky Nature
Swords Dance
Close Combat
X-Scissor
Crush Claw

143.gif
LV72
Serious Nature
Crunch
Earthquake
Body Slam
Brick Break

Please can someone choose my next Monotype >_< I can't decide myself >_< I'd like if next poster could give me a new type >_< thanks a lot :)

Last edited:

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
UPDATE!

Ultimate Monotype Challenge: Water || Kanto​

Number of Badges: 5

Update 2:
Spoiler:

There we go. Now for my team.

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Pekin

Wigglytuff is and has always been on acid.
Years
Type: Flying
Game: SoulSilver
Badges: 11

Alrighty, my first steps into Kanto! Had to spend a fair amount of time at the Pokéathlon's Speed course with Crobat, Jumpluff and Yanmega in order to save up some points for a Shiny Stone and a Heart Scale. After evolving Togetic, I took Gyarados to the Battle Frontier, trashed the Frontier Brain of the Battle Hall and earned enough BP to teach Jumpluff Seed Bomb. I then took the ferry to Vermillion City, where Lt. Surge proved disappointingly easy. His Raichu allowed me to set up a few Dragon Dances with Gyarados, then I swept the rest of his team with Earthquake. Sabrina was a bit of a *****, but nothing Yanmega couldn't handle. Erika was a joke.

Here's my team so far:

Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2015
I figure I could use the challenge

Username: hollywooddream
Type: Water
Challenge: Single but may become Ultimate eventually
Game(s): FireRed

Last edited:

kosuke

Extraterrestrial DNA
Years
I'm gonna update again.

Ultimate Monotype Challenge - Normal

Pokemon LeafGreen Update
Spoiler:

My Pokemon
Spoiler:

Last edited:

blue

gucci
Years
Right, I'll sign up and actually get through it this time!

Name: Suicune™
Type: Water
Challenge: Ultimate
Game(s): Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, Platinum, Black.

Last edited:
Years
Ok I'm gonna start an ultimate MonoGround:

Name: kirax7
Type: Ground
Challenge: Ultimate
Games:Blue,Gold,Sapphire,Platinum,Black(or W)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back