• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokemon Lightning Yellow

Years
Hi!...
This game really looks awesome... It seems quite promising & appealing... Happy to see decent pokemon yellow remake after a long time... Keep up the good work... I'll be keeping eye on PLY...
Best Wishes!

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
Thanks

I've finally decided to upgrade to Essentials Version 10, so spent the last couple of days redoing script edits and adding the extra items etc in, worst bit was editing the trainers to the format needeed. Now to test if its all working

Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2013
Hey, I'm not sure if you've covered this yet or not, I'm trying to catch up with everything here...but shouldn't Pikachu be a permanent party member? As well, when I do store and release him, an error pops up. I'm not sure if an error will pop up if you only store him, but that shouldn't be hard to discover. To the best of my knowledge, I'm using the most recent version. I'm trying to implement a "permanent first pokemon" in my game, but for the life of me; I can't figure it out. Great work, by the way!

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
In the original yellow you could store him and trade him, so i'm keeping that. My guess about the error (since can't test at this moment) would be the fact the following sprite is still there

Years
Hey! Des...
I was wondering if u r gonna make new plot for the legendaries like mewtow, mew & the legendary birds... Pokemon R/B/G/Y & their remake FR/LG didn't have any plot or story for the legendaries... It would be great if u add some interesting plot for them...

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
Before the elite four is unlikely, if I do it would be post elite four. I have a vague idea of what I can do with them

Edit:
Victory Road 1F map

New screenies
victory-road1.png
victory-road2.png
victory-road3.png

At the rare i'm going version 1 could be out before christmas

new map
Victory Road 2F

Last edited:

Karel_Kazuki

Wants to Learn about PKMN Rmxp
Years
Great Job. Probably one of the first games i've seen near completion since i've been here, even if it's a remake.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
I just downloaded the demo and am trying it out as I'm typing this o.o I like it so far and I totally love how cute Pikachu's cry is whenever I throw him into battle <3

I just wish I knew how to change resolution as I feel like I need a magnifying glass to play @w@

All in all, I'm giving you a 9/10 so far @w@
Of course, I'm still on route 1 but xD

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
The screensize is changeable in the next version

I LOVE you for that *o*
The thing is that I have this incredibly wide screen and I wear glasses too (which kinda size down stuff around me as they adjust my sight >.> ) and that tiny game on a huge screen combined with my bad eyesight do not go well together xD
So thank you 1000 times *o*

I've been waiting for a decent Yellow remake for a long time now and I'm glad you're still at it and doing such a great job *o*

I discovered Pokémon through Yellow when I was a kid ^-^ so I'm VERY fond of the game. It's why HG/SS are my second faves (pokemon following you around & stuff *o*)

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
The next version should be out within the next couple of days. I'd hoped to get it out sooner but ran into issues upgrading the essentials version again, as you can see
View attachment 66844

Also, for those that are playing it, version 0.18 save file is incompatible with 0.19

Years
  • Seen Jun 2, 2014
Hi Desbrina,

First of all, thanks for making such an awesome game!

I'm having the same problem as kkroy
In rock tunnel, I'm stuck at the ladder and am unable to move right or left, if I press down, I return to the B1F. I can't exit B1F because there is a hiker blocking the stairs. Could you please help? I'm running the latest version of the game!

Thanks,
Jiv

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
route23-1.png
indigo.png
cinnabar-gym1.png
cinnabar2.png

No offence, this is a great game and all, But, will future versions have better or custom tiles?

The game doesn't feel as epic as it should in the screenshots I've shown.

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
I'm having the same problem as kkroy
In rock tunnel, I'm stuck at the ladder and am unable to move right or left, if I press down, I return to the B1F. I can't exit B1F because there is a hiker blocking the stairs. Could you please help? I'm running the latest version of the game!

This'll be fixed in 0.19

No offence, this is a great game and all, But, will future versions have better or custom tiles?

The game doesn't feel as epic as it should in the screenshots I've shown.

Unfotunatly unless someone makes better/custom tiles for it then they're unlikely to change

Back