• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Best/Worst Pokemon Nicknames

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pleiades

I am the Dragonairborn!
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen May 29, 2013
Come on, some of us can't resist the temptation to nickname pokemon.
What would you consider your best and worst nicknames?

For me, my best:
Gooby (Slowbro)
Mattie (Arcanine; he was named after my dog Maddie, but she's a girl)
Moustache (Stoutland)
Corleone (Honchkrow)
Gambit (Absol)
Midna (Sneasel)
Luna (Clefable)
Mama (Chansey)
Big Mama (Abomasnow)
Totoro (Snorlax)

My worst:
Misa Amane (Plusle...Look, I was like 14.)
Totoko (A female totodile)
I'd have to look through my old stuff to see the other terrible nicknames I came up with...oh, god.

Evey

Female Red
Years
Blaze-Blaziken
Vee-Espeon
Eon-Eevee
Red-Ninetails

~These are the names for my team and well they suck. Blaze, I originally named my Torchic (first pokemon) for its ability. But when it grew up the name actually fit quite nicely. When I got two Eevee's from my friend I named one Vee and Eon in hopes of evolving one. Vee ended up evolving into an Espeon so....the names where flip-flopped but cute. Then Red for Ninetails is just horrible but I had to name one after him....yea these are the worst nicknames ever...but their mine I guess, can't really change them ^^; too much work hehe..

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
Best
>Gallade named Endymion
>Gardevoir named Selene
>Feraligatr named Crocogator

Worst
>Infernape named Ape-alm

People think my Infernape's referencing Aipom but it's actually a joke about napalm that I really need to stop using because nobody gets it.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
Some of my favorites recently have been...

Cappuccino the Cinccino
Udon the Milotic
Sashimi the Samurott
Sushi the Empoleon
Cleopatra the Luxray
Lola the Lopunny
Jawbreaker the Mawile

The only bad one I can think of is Lightfly the Beautifly, I don't even know lol.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
Lets dip into my nicknames

Favorites

Nicko the lucario
Palarazzi the togetic
Hallow the Misdrevus

worst

I will win the mewtwo

Turnip

Magnificent Turnip
Years
I can't tell if a lot of mine are good or terrible, but I'll share them anyway :)

Gardevoir - "Cabbage"
Nidoking - "The Baron"
Dragonite - "GreatMish"
Electrike - "Backflip"
Ratatta - "RatFish"
Pidgey (or pretty much any bird pokemon) - "BirdFish"
Deoxys - "TurnipFish"
Wurmple - "LEVEL 1?!" (guess why I named it that)
Omanyte - "DumpySlug"
Spheal - "Clappeh"
Wynaut - "Noh"
Riolu - "Ray"
Kabuto - "Kabubble"
Vaporeon - "Q"
Oddish - "WTFplant"
Gastly - "Goose"

Blimey, there's a lot of 'em there.

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Age 22
  • Nah
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017
I don't use nicknames, so no best nicknames for me. But the worst nickname I have EVER seen, a nickname my friend called his Sudowoodo. "Blood" I...WTF?

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
I normally don't use nicknames, some Nicknames I use often include "Neko", "Xandra", and "Ch'marr" - I"m not too creative with nicknames, I don't use them much.

My Liepard in both Black 2, and White is "Neko" Japanese for cat, male or female its always the same nickname

Male Watchog in White I call him "Ch'marr" (comics are offline since long ago, but around 2002 I used to read a comic about an anthro cheetah named Ch'marr)

Probably the worst nickname would have to be my Meowth in FireRed "Chimuelo" and "Bobo" to my Slowpoke.

and in Sapphire I named my Zigzagoon/Linnone "Duvalín" (which is a Mexican candy) and "Mazapán" (another Mexican candy) to my Skitty which I never evolved

Last edited:

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
I nick-name all my competitive battle pokemon now and they're all pretty bad. My worst one would have to be:
Arm Hair (Mienshao)

I just love coming up with the worst nicknames XD

GhastlyGastly

Crazy Pokémon Lady
Years
I've taken to giving my Pokémon nicknames that are actually just their Japanese names. Examples:

Aggron ~ Bossgodora
Sceptile ~ Jukain
Medicham ~ Charem
Spiritomb ~ Mikaruge
Smeargle ~ Doble
Galvantula ~ Dentula
Feraligatr ~ Ordile
Alakazam ~ Foodin
Abra ~ Casey
Gastly ~ Ghos

Etc., etc.

I personally think they're pretty cool. I mean, Bossgodora, Jukain? To me those are badass names. Some of the worse names I've given Pokémon in the past though are:

Cyndaquil ~ Cyndy (It was my first game, okay? I was four years old)
Eevee ~ Eve
Charmander ~ Charlie
Charmander (different one) ~ Ember
Moltres ~ Ember2 (same game as the Charmander Ember)

Years
I bought Sapphire a few months ago and the nicknames of the pokemon from the previous owner were horrendous. There was a Trapinch nicknamed "Flyinflea" and a Loudred called "Bigbych". I wish I knew what possessed this person to give those names to their pokemon.

Fenne-kun

//TheEternalSushi
Years
I don't really have a best...but I do remember my worst ones when I was much younger... -shiver-

- Penguin (Empoleon)
- Rock (Geodude)
- Cactus (Cacturne)

...you get the picture. My PC boxes were literally full of nouns XD Me and my creativity...

RPX

seclusion
Years
  • Seen Mar 7, 2013
I don't really nickname my Pokemon, but I did like how my Totodile was named Champ or Champion or something like that. I think it was actually a Machop or a Charmander, but I forgot. The worst nickname has to be Shapes for Togepi, and Bangs for Kirlia. xD

lineofdeath

...overuser of the ellipsis...
Years
When I was 6
The advertising unknown
Bbcradio1
Bbcradio2
Bbcradio3
Tesco
Asda!
Buythisnow

My old fave empoleon
My ni knames for it
Pengrin
Pingyou
Ynoflying
Way2go
Og2yaw
ILOVEYOU
Watersteel.

icycatelf

Alex
Years
I nickname pretty much every Pokémon I catch. I usually give them a name that sounds like part of their name or what they're based on, related to, or make me think of. For instance, I named a Gastly "Rick." Can you guess why?

One of my favorites is probably the name I gave my Lapras on LeafGreen, Iathan (EE-UH-THUN), derived from "Leviathan."

Some of my worst nicknames occurred in a replay of Red Version. I was wanting to make Ghost MissingNo., Skeleton MissingNo., and Prof. Oak appear on Cinnabar's east coast, so I made my trainer name SoyOwix (or something like that). Every Pokémon I caught was named Soy-something. Pikachu was SoyMouse, Tangela was SoyVine, Haunter was SoyGhost... This gave some of them interesting colors on Pokémon Stadium.

Also, on a Nuzlocke of HeartGold, I named a Slowpoke "Elvis" only to realize later that I would never be able to evolve it into Slowking.

Years
  • Seen Dec 2, 2013
through trades

worst:
Cow - Migtyena
****you - Eevee

best
My**** - Metapod
Sudowoodo - M.Wood
Arcanine - Firebarker
Infernape - Goku

Toutebelle

Banned
Years
Best
Rosie (Hippowdon) - after that annoying talk show host and fat hippo Rosie O'Donnell
Terrorist (Graveler) - it knows both Selfdestruct and Explosion.
AfroBull (Bouffalant)
Vultron (Fearow) - it comes from vulture and Voltron.
Squidward (male Octillery)
Octomom (female Octillery)
Lucifer (Liepard)
Zamboni (Magnezone)
Foxxy Love (Ninetales) - Foxxy Love is a character on the cartoon Drawn Together. She is a ghetto black woman with a fox tail.
Fatso (Snorlax)
Xenu (Beheeyem)
Satan (Mewtwo)

Worst
Mongo (Tympole) - I got it from the movie Precious, where Precious' disabled daughter was named Mongo. "It's short for mongoloid." was the response Precious gave about her kid's name. I once saw on an old video from around the time BW came out saying that Tympole looked like "an abused autistic child". I'm autistic and even I found that funny.
Balls (Emolga)
Shaniqua (Jynx)
Ape Escape (Primeape)
Orca Food (Pelipper) - It's a reference to this video where a killer whale at SeaWorld was filmed eating a pelican during a show.
Negro (Banette) - This was in Pokemon Pearl, before racist names were banned. Another gem of mine. I changed it because I felt that it was a little too racist. And to make things worse, its ability was Frisk and I think it also knew Trick.
Yenta (Watchog) - In case you don't know, "yenta" is Yiddish slang for an annoying, gossipy woman.
Dux (Farfetch'd) - I used to hate the one-of-a-kind Pokemon in trades since you couldn't choose good nicknames. I mean, you could get a Lickitung, which has lots of name potential, and you got stuck with the crappy name Mark. At least this was rectified in later generations with the introduction of breeding.
Skitit (Skitty), Mimien (Mr. Mime), Tangeny (Tangela) - The nicknames in Generation III were the most retarded. They were all derived from the Pokemon's name. I mean, the Jynx in FRLG got called Zynx. At least the Generation I name wasn't awful. The only one I liked was Ch'ding for Farfetch'd. In fact, that is what I named my Farfetch'd in Black.
Sewage (Roserade) - The fact that it was a male Roserade gave me trouble with nicknames, so I looked for something.
Speedo (Machoke)
RAT (Minccino)
Sexy (Lopunny) - I changed it.

And when I was a kid, I used to name them after fruit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back