• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Event] Halloween Trick-or-Treating Event 2019

BlissyMKW

Rawr
Years
Nuzlocke. You must be joking. I have to beat the Elite Four with a team that just dies to Will and reach the Elite Four with no deaths or else I'm likely screwed. Also if Crueltenta dies we're probably doomed. Sounds like a textbook recipe for disaster.

Episode 8 - Escaping the Cemetery

Final Curses

Fridge Horror - No Fire move or Ice resist = No STAB moves. No longer a problem.
Ghostly Adventure - Haunter is bad outside of rentals in Stadium if it can't evolve into Gengar.
Cursed Ground - No Ground, Rock, or Fighting types.
Too scared to move - Only 3 attacking moves.
Making Frankenstein - Primary types for team members must be different.
Zombieland - So irrelevant, it doesn't even matter anyway because Elite Four.
Starter-lock Hex - Now irrelevant due to Rectangular Force
Rectangular Force - Any non Ghost, Dark, or Poison types are banned.
Curse of Curses - Curse is now locked in
Elm Street Neighbors - A slashing move or Dream Eater is required to be put on. Level 38 on Stalker is needed.
Frozen Curse - Frozen Pokemon are permaboxed, but this is Gen 2, so this is pretty much irrelevant.
Final Destination - Get Destiny Bond. It must be used at least once a gym battle, but by the time I get it, the game will be over.
Locke Clause - Rule 1 of a Nuzlocke Challenge.

So I have no idea how the hell I can win now. Because of nuzlocke, Will basically kills me alone. To offset this, I went back, grabbed Hex again, abused the speedup button in Goldenrod to run up and down a ton until he reached the next happiness stage and I finally evolved him into Umbreon. It also required me to change the time on my PC so it would be night in game. Now I don't just lose to Will and Hex has a lot of Special Defense going for him. As long as Crueltenta doesn't die, I have a plan for Lance. Now that we're out of Normal type, I can teach him Headbutt for a good Normal type move and something that isn't Mud-Slap. Anyway, the road to Victory Road started off a bit rocky with some paralysis shenanigans in the first two battles, but I was able to retake control of things once the Venusaur girl and the Magneton guy were dealt with. After clearing out all the trainers, I decided to do some grinding since there's a free heal spot right near some grass.

I got everyone to Level 40 while Stalker hit 41 and got Dream Eater at Level 39, so we finally have more options. I also ditched Hidden Power for Thief since Hidden Power Ghost sucked because Ghost is physical this gen. After a nice, casual stroll through Victory Road, the only remaining challenge was Stizh...and he got completely obliterated. We did have some paralysis shenanigans where Hex was fully paralyzed for 4 turns in a row against his Feraligatr, but overall, it was easy. I did do a bit more grinding afterward to get the whole team to Level 43, though. And now...after buying more Hyper Potions and Full Heals, it's time for hell. The Elite Four.

So up first is Will, but I have Hex, so I pretty much autowin this battle. Things only got a bit dicey towards the end with his Jynx putting Hex to sleep turn 1 and then doing lots of damage with Ice Punch, but we got through with minimal issue. Next up is Koga, probably the worst one of the pack next to Bruno. My own Koga had his time to shine, but in true Koga fashion, I had to deal with the annoyance that is evasion spam. I missed a lot of attacks, and it really sucked. We still managed to pull off a win, though, with a few close calls because of missing hits. Bruno is probably the scariest next to Lance himself. His Machamp has Rock Slide...and it killed Koga in one hit all because I missed a Sleep Powder. Now we're in a bad spot. He also crit me and instakilled Crueltenta. Now my Lance option is dead. It took Stalker to put down the Machamp. Great, now I have to do Karen with just an Umbreon and a Haunter. This is fantastic. With a combination of hax, healing items, and lot of Mud-Slap and Dream Eating the Vileplume, I made it past Karen. So, now, I'm going to fight Lance in the most uncerimonious way possible, and that is using X items. I also used my Ethers to restore Hex's PP before the fight...is what I would say, but I forgot to, so I had to use them while stalling the Gyarados.

Do I feel shame for using X items on Lance? No. I got nuzlocke at the end of the game, combined with the cruel mix of Fridge Horror, Cursed Ground, Making Frankenstein, and worst of all, Rectangular Force. This was only fair considering if I didn't use X items, winning was absolutely impossible with this team, even if I could freely heal spam. It would've only been a matter of time before I ran out of items and my whole team died. Although, I didn't, so here we are, at the end. Anyway...

And so, we survived the various curses the cemetery threw our way. My sanity is surprisingly still in tact...for now. Rectangular Force can actually go burn in the fires of Almia's Volcano Cave.

The Survivors

haunter.png

Stalker (Haunter) Lv. 44 @ Smoke Ball (whoops, forgot to remove it)
Moves: Hypnosis, Thief, Curse, Dream Eater

Truly, I have learned once and for all that Haunter sucks without the ability to evolve into Gengar. It took until now for Stalker to be mildly useful at all. Simply sad. LVP, no question.

umbreon.png

Hex (Umbreon) Lv. 47 @ Nothing
Moves: Shadow Ball, Headbutt, Sand-Attack, Mud-Slap

You know, I'm glad I gave Hex a second chance. If I didn't, I would've lost because Bruno killed half my team. He also carried me through Will, Karen, and Lance, along with being generally useful before evolving, even more useful than Stalker. Since Crueltenta is dead, he's now the MVP.

The Fallen

tentacruel.png

Crueltenta (Tentacruel) Lv. 43 @ Amulet Coin
Moves: Sludge Bomb, Supersonic, Surf, Icy Wind

Critted to death by Cross Chop. Totally a BS death.

venomoth.png

Koga (Venomoth) Lv. 43 @ Quick Claw
Moves: Tackle, Sleep Powder, Psybeam, Supersonic

The Machamp had Rock Slide and I missed my Sleep Powder. I don't think anything else needs to be said.

Years

Halloween Trick-or-Treating in Fire Red

Ghost_I.png

PART 3

You probably want to know my curses right?
Spoiler:

So my new rule is Cursed bag, which bans using items except TMs outside of battle, which isn't that bad, since I usually don't use items outside the battle aside from TMs. I'm that type of hoarder gamer, who picks every single item and then never use them.

So, this part was interesting. I caught Kaito, a serious Gastly. Really a needed partner for Cyanide. After a little bit of training, he evolved in Haunter and I was ready to take on Team Rocket HQ and Celadon Gym. Which went well thanks to both of my Pokémon being part Poison-type. Kaito is a more squishy that I remember Haunter being though. Well, my strategy for Erika was pretty straightforward - Put her Pokémon asleep, confuse and/or poison them if I can, use Curse and Shadow Punch/Razor Leaf them down. I'm glad I can heal during battles, otherwise this wouldn't be possible.

Next is SIilph Co with the hardest battle against Santa so far. I'm not looking forward this battle. Also, here's Erika screen:
YodZbV0.png

Team

venusaur.png

Cyanide, Modest Male Venusaur
lvl 41, Overgrow
- Giga Drain
- PoisonPowder
- Leech Seed
- Sleep Powder

haunter.png

Kaito, Serious Male Haunter
lvl 34, Levitate
- Shadow Punch
- Curse
- Spite
- Confuse Ray

saniachan

Second Violinist
Years
Nuzlocke. You must be joking. I have to beat the Elite Four with a team that just dies to Will and reach the Elite Four with no deaths or else I'm likely screwed. Also if Crueltenta dies we're probably doomed. Sounds like a textbook recipe for disaster.
Only permadeath nearing the end of your run? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH. That's still nothing, bucko. I mean, look at me. I went literal Nuzlocke (first encounter + permadeath) since the 5th gym. 🤣 🤣 🤣

Spoiler: The rules as of now
  1. Dracula's apprentice: Any Pokémon that can learn any of the HP-draining moves must learn it as soon as possible and retain it for the remainder of the run. (starts from Roxanne arc)
  2. Ocean's Curse: Water, Ice, and Dragon types are now banned from your team, unless they also possess the Ghost or Dark types. HM slaves and Pokemon mandated by another curse are exempt from this rule. (starts from Brawly arc, stacks with rule #8 as of Norman arc)
  3. First-encounter clause: You may only capture and use the first Pokemon you encounter on each route for the remainder of the game. Your current Pokemon are unaffected, as are gifts. (starts from Wattson arc, becomes literal Nuzlocke as of Norman arc)
  4. Ghostly Adventure - GLOBAL RULE: Catch a Ghost-type (even if you already have one) as soon as possible. It must stay on your team for the rest of the game. It's also your best friend from now on. (Afterburn from Wattson arc, Trappola from Tate-Liza arc)
  5. Making Frankenstein - GLOBAL RULE: Your team must be composed with Pokémon with different primary types if possible from now on. (starts from Flannery arc)
  6. Zombieland - GLOBAL RULE: All of your forcefully boxed Pokémon are revived as zombies. They can only use physical contact moves and are immune to the curse that boxed them. But you can't in any circumstances use them on the same team as your current Pokémon. (only during Flannery arc)
  7. Locke Clause: Any fainted Pokemon for the remainder of the run must be boxed until the completion of the run. You may revive your current party before this rule goes into effect. (this + rule #3 = literal Nuzlocke as of Norman arc)
  8. Rectangular Force- GLOBAL RULE: All Pokémon except Ghost, Dark and Poison-types are banned from now on. (starts from Norman arc)
  9. Locked Ball Curse: The Poké Ball in your 2nd slot is now cursed. It cannot be opened, and is permanently locked to your belt. The Pokemon currently in your 2nd slot should be boxed for the remainder of the run. Additionally, you are now limited to one less Pokemon on your team. (bans Quon from Winona arc onward)
  10. You're a wizard, Harry: You have to put one of the following Pokémon on your team and it must stay there for the rest of the game: Haunter/Gengar, Dusclops/Dusknoir, Banette, Gardevoir, Gallade, Kadabra/Alakazam, Sableye, Grumpig, Solrock, Lunatone, Misdreavus/Mismagius, Gulpin, Relicanth, Dustox, Medicham, Jynx, Chandelure, Reuniclus, Trevenant, Gourgeist, Chimecho (the crossed ones are unavailable in Emerald) (Purgatorium from Tate-Liza arc)
  11. The Curse of Eternal Youth: Evolution is no longer allowed. If you wish, you may hack/trade in Everstones for convenience. These Everstones are exempt from all other curses' effects. (starts from Juan arc with those listed in rule #10 as exceptions)
  12. Toxic Avenger: Catch a Poison-Type and teach it Toxic. It must stay on your team for the rest of the run. (I hope Flyburg will do from Juan arc onward)
As soon as Aile got out from Mossdeep Gym, she found out that Team Magma had invaded the Space Center there. She easily drove them out by tag-teaming with Steven of all people. As thanks, he gave her HM Dive which was immediately taught to Singularity. Aile then continued her chase of Team Aqua folks all the way to the Seafloor Cavern where she witnessed their leader, Archie, awakening Kyogre only for it to fled and caused the weather to be a total mess (throw hail and sandstorm in and it would be a weather apocalypse). Steven (who came later) then took Aile to Sootopolis City where Groudon and Kyogre battled and messed with Hoenn's weather.
3V5Hiz4m.jpg

The girl was then taken to the Cave of Origin where she got Tiferet the Sableye and met Wallace, the former gym leader at Sootopolis. He immediately took her to the Sky Pillar and unlocked it so that she could meet Rayquaza. And when she did, Rayquaza immediately flew off as if it knew what's going on. Aile and Flyburg had to chase it all the way to Sootopolis and arrived just in time to witness it stopping Groudon and Kyogre like it's no big deal (I'd say this kinda reminds me of one of Arcaea's joke song, Red and Blue and Green).
UGq7NqGm.jpg

Now that the crisis had been averted, it's time for Aile's final gym battle. The gym leader here turned out to be Wallace's mentor, Juan. Trappola zapped his Luvdisc like it's nothing, Ether Strike literally OHKO-ed his Whiscash, Purgatorium also zapped both his Crawdaunt and Sealeo big time, and Red and Blue managed to take his Kingdra out (mainly) thanks to her being resistant to both its Water Pulse and Ice Beam.
gWemKgYm.jpg

Spoiler: Aile's squad as of now (in no particular order)
Trappola (Ghostly Adventure)
Spoiler:

Purgatorium (You're a wizard, Harry)
Spoiler:

Red and Blue
Spoiler:

Flyburg (Toxic Avenger)
Spoiler:

Ether Strike
Spoiler:

Spoiler: The cursed ones
Rectangular Force
Spoiler:

Ocean's Curse + Rectangular Force
Spoiler:

Potential candidates for "You're a wizard, Harry"
Spoiler:

Nuzlocke deaths
Spoiler:

Other curses
Spoiler:
Might as well snag my last red berry (just one is enough) and go to room 29.

PS: I had to hack Toxic and Thunderbolt TMs in because I've already used the first Toxic TM for Quon and Purgatorium's Shock Wave just wasn't enough.

Years
Sorry for the lack of map update yesterday, but I'm currently away and without stable internet connection. Next map update will be on Monday.

Years
  • Age 26
  • UK
  • Seen Jul 30, 2020
Eolith's Adventure: Chapter 2

Current Curses:
👉Light's End
👉Dracula's Apprentice

The new curse bestowed upon me is not a detrimental one, but it will hinder the two first Pokemon I have in particular; Grovyle and Lombre. They will be made to keep Absorb as a move forever which will limit the potential movepool unfortunately. I may have to consider a Lombre replacement in this case, since I don't want a third of my party suffering from this.

Anyway, the second gym leader Brawly has been defeated. I came across a Zubat and Aron in Dewford which I was keen to add to my roster with the vision that I will be able to use a Crobat and Aggron effectively during the endgame. There is little action involved between the first and second gym leader, so I just had to do a bit of levelling up to be able to take on Brawly. Zubat proved very effective with the use of Supersonic and Astonish to dispatch of Meditite. Grovyle and Lombre were able to deal with the Makuhita and Machop respectively, so I'm glad that was enough. There will be a lot more action involved between now and the next gym so I am looking forward to see where it takes me. Potentially some new Pokemon along the way and a lot of opportunities to get some evolutions along the way. All is good so far!

Squad

Spr_4d_253.png

Willow lvl. 20
Docile
Fury Cutter | Pursuit
Absorb | Quick Attack

Spr_4d_271.png

Hernan lvl. 18
Naive
Astonish | Growl
Absorb | Nature Power

Spr_4p_041_m.png

Iwisa lvl. 15
Bashful
Leech Life | Supersonic
Astonish

Spr_4d_304.png

Mar lvl. 12
Impish
Rock Tomb | Harden
Mud-Slap | Headbutt

As for the next steps in the adventure, I would like to choose the last two green berries and move to room 19.

Last edited:

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022

Halloween Trick-or-Treating Event - Black 2
BADGES · 5/8
BERRIES · Red x4 · Green x2 · Blue x1
RULES ·
Zombie Dinner
Any Pokémon that can learn any of the following moves must learn it as soon as possible and retain it for the remainder of the run: Bite, Crunch, Any of the Fang attacks (on Pokemon that can learn multiple, only one is required).
·
Ocean's Curse
Water, Ice, and Dragon types are now banned from your team, unless they also possess the Ghost or Dark types. HM slaves and Pokemon mandated by another curse are exempt from this rule.
·
Locke Clause
Any fainted Pokemon for the remainder of the run must be boxed until the completion of the run.
·
Spooky Ball ✓
If there are any Ghost or Dark-type obtainable by this point in your game, catch one now, even if you already have one on your team. This Pokemon cannot be removed from your team, even by the effects of another curse.
·
Ghostly Adventure G✓
Catch a Ghost-type (even if you already have one) as soon as possible. It must stay on your team for the rest of the game. It's also your best friend from now on.
·
Making Frankenstein G
Your team must be composed with Pokémon with different primary types if possible from now on.
·
Zombieland G✓
All of your forcefully boxed Pokémon are revived as zombies. They can only use physical contact moves and are immune to the curse that boxed them. But you can't in any circumstances use them on the same team as your current Pokémon.
·
Rectangular Force G
All Pokémon except Ghost, Dark and Poison-types are banned from now on.
·
No-Slot Hex
Your maximum party size is reduced by 1.
·
Final Destination ✓
Get Pokémon that can learn Destiny Bond. You must use this move during each Gym Battle at least once.
·
The Thing ✓
Catch a Ditto, Grimer, Muk, or any of the Goomey line and permanently put it on your team. Plus one Pokémon of your choice is assimilated and must be perma-boxed.

Looks like she was scared for nothing! Miau brushes off the creepiness of the cemetery, and with a freshly picked green berry, she makes her way to room 24.

PARTY
407MS.png
Silvana ♀ Lv. 38 Master of HP-drain and natural cures. Proficient in the graceful art of (petal) dancing. Hero of Driftveil Gym.
552MS.png
Cozonac ♂ Lv. 30 Has the moxie, and carries around soft sand. Likes to crunch up his opponents. CURSED · Zombie Dinner
510MS.png
Amandina ♀ Lv. 25 A permanent member of the team, she carries herself elegantly showing off her silk scarf. Can cut down small trees. CURSED · Spooky Ball
562MS.png
Poiana ♀ Lv. 25 The mummy who became my best friend. She holds a spell tag. CURSED · Ghostly Adventure · Final Destination
088MS.png
Turbo ♀ Lv. 25 The thing. Stinky and sticky, she latched on and won't let go. CURSED · The Thing
298MS.png
Mentosan ♂ Lv. 5 CURSED · Ocean's Curse · Zombieland
498MS.png
Rom ♂ Lv. 16 CURSED · Rectangular Force
504MS.png
Eugenia ♀ Lv. 8 CURSED · Zombie Dinner · Rectangular Force
447MS.png
Magic ♂ Lv. 16 CURSED · Rectangular Force
109MS.png
Pufarine ♂ Lv. 23 CURSED · The Thing (Assimilated)
543MS.png
Vienetta ♀ Lv. 19 CURSED · Locke Clause
BOXED

Last edited:
Years

JDTHEBUD GETS A HUNGRY COMPANION
Jdthebud picks up Green and Blue Berry and a Poké Ball. Before he can do anything, this Poké Ball opens and eats both Berries. It's no Poké Ball. It's... New rule has been added, check your character on the map.

This weirdly named section is once again, pretty boring. Someone actually forgot about it and named it only few days ago. And no one noticed. Can you at least notice these berries?
Bag_Chople_Berry_Sprite.png
Red berries manipulate your team
Bag_Oran_Berry_Sprite.png
Blue berries manipulate your gameplay
Bag_Lum_Berry_Sprite.png
Green berries manipulate your movesets
Pick one or more berries to continue. One berry will add one rule to your run.

SANIACHAN IS IN THE FINALE
But can she do it with this new curse? New rule has been added, check your character on the map.

EOLITH IS GETTING SCARED
Can he make it 'till the end? New rule has been added, check your character on the map.

This section only has one grave and a mailbox. Eolith opens it and finds only two berries inside:

MIAU IS SICK
Put her in the quarantine! New rule has been added, check your character on the map.

Just kidding, she's already inside cemetery. Just don't let her leave. I mean, come look at this freshly dug up graveyard. It has berries inside. Just jump in and pick some:
Bag_Lum_Berry_Sprite.png
Bag_Lum_Berry_Sprite.png
Bag_Lum_Berry_Sprite.png

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022

Question about Plaguespreader; my current team is:

• Roserade
  • Krokorok
  • Liepard (permanent - Spooky Ball)
  • Yamask (permanent - Ghostly Adventure)
  • Grimer (permanent - The Thing)

Roserade and Grimer both already know Poison-type moves, does this mean my entire team is saved from the plague? Or should I remove Krokorok, who can't learn any Poison-type moves at the moment, and isn't a permanent member of the team?

Last edited:

Superjolt

Put some [b][color=Red]color[/color][/b] in your l
Years
Here's part 3 (and also part 2)

Part 2:
Spoiler:

Things were going so well until this next update ;-;

Trick or Treat Challenge Part 3

New rules:
Eternal Nightmare - Pokémon that fall asleep must be boxed for the rest of the run
No Slot Hex - Max party size is reduced by one

Things were going smoothly, Zag mopped up my rival in Azalea Town and I helped the apprentice get his Farfetch'd back in Ilex Forest. I went through the forest and up Route 34, made it to Goldenrod. I got the radio card for my Pokégear. Then I decided to go north and level up more by battling the trainers!

And that's when things went downhill...

First, I lost Gale, my best friend ghost when she fell asleep! Not long after, Zag was hit with Hypnosis (from the Psychic's Kadabra on Route 36 I believe). Two team members went down, I was so sad :(

This left me with only two Pokémon (Sai and Leaf), so I decided to add a Nidoran (either gender) to my team on Route 35. Well, Nikki the Nidoran (M) was hit by a wild Hoothoot's Hypnosis shortly after getting caught. So I caught Minnie the Nidoran (F) instead and managed to level her up a couple of levels... and then the same thing happened when I couldn't run from a wild Hoothoot! So I caught another Nidoran (M) named Nemo. And after leveling up Nemo and avoiding wild Hoothoot, I finally took on Whitney and defeated her on the second try! (Thank goodness Nemo knew Double Kick)

Current Team:

Spr_4h_069.png

Leaf ♂ Lv. 18
- Vine Whip
- PoisonPowder
- Stun Spore
- Sleep Powder

Spr_4h_167.png

Sai ♂ Lv. 18
- Poison Sting
- Leech Life
- Scary Face
- Night Shade

Spr_4d_033.png

Nemo ♂ Lv. 21
- Poison Sting
- Fury Attack
- Focus Energy
- Double Kick

I will enter the staircase and grab a red berry!

Last edited:
Years
Question about Plaguespreader; my current team is:

• Roserade
  • Krokorok
  • Liepard (permanent - Spooky Ball)
  • Yamask (permanent - Ghostly Adventure)
  • Grimer (permanent - The Thing)

Roserade and Grimer both already know Poison-type moves, does this mean my entire team is saved from the plague? Or should I remove Krokorok, who can't learn any Poison-type moves at the moment, and isn't a permanent member of the team?
Yeah, your team is safe.

SUPERJOLT IS OUT OF THE WOODS
Superjolt goes down to the underground. The staircase ends few meters above the ground, so Superjolt jumps down. New rule has been added, check your character on the map.

He's in the pretty huge section with few urns and teleports. These must be the only way out! But he also finds one interesting berry here (among few other berries):
Bag_Enigma_Berry_Sprite.png
Who knows what will these berries do
Pick one or more berries to continue. One berry will add one rule to your run. You also encountered special event. The map can change based on your action.

Superjolt

Years
Are you kidding me Janp

Noooo

now I can't even use Poison types or any of my current team what am I going to do

(eh I'll figure this out somehow...)

Last edited:

saniachan

Second Violinist
Years
  1. Dracula's apprentice: Any Pokémon that can learn any of the HP-draining moves must learn it as soon as possible and retain it for the remainder of the run. (starts from Roxanne arc)
  2. Ocean's Curse: Water, Ice, and Dragon types are now banned from your team, unless they also possess the Ghost or Dark types. HM slaves and Pokemon mandated by another curse are exempt from this rule. (starts from Brawly arc, stacks with rule #8 as of Norman arc)
  3. First-encounter clause: You may only capture and use the first Pokemon you encounter on each route for the remainder of the game. Your current Pokemon are unaffected, as are gifts. (starts from Wattson arc, becomes literal Nuzlocke as of Norman arc)
  4. Ghostly Adventure - GLOBAL RULE: Catch a Ghost-type (even if you already have one) as soon as possible. It must stay on your team for the rest of the game. It's also your best friend from now on. (Afterburn from Wattson arc, Trappola from Tate-Liza arc)
  5. Making Frankenstein - GLOBAL RULE: Your team must be composed with Pokémon with different primary types if possible from now on. (starts from Flannery arc)
  6. Zombieland - GLOBAL RULE: All of your forcefully boxed Pokémon are revived as zombies. They can only use physical contact moves and are immune to the curse that boxed them. But you can't in any circumstances use them on the same team as your current Pokémon. (only during Flannery arc)
  7. Locke Clause: Any fainted Pokemon for the remainder of the run must be boxed until the completion of the run. You may revive your current party before this rule goes into effect. (this + rule #3 = literal Nuzlocke as of Norman arc)
  8. Rectangular Force- GLOBAL RULE: All Pokémon except Ghost, Dark and Poison-types are banned from now on. (starts from Norman arc)
  9. Locked Ball Curse: The Poké Ball in your 2nd slot is now cursed. It cannot be opened, and is permanently locked to your belt. The Pokemon currently in your 2nd slot should be boxed for the remainder of the run. Additionally, you are now limited to one less Pokemon on your team. (bans Quon from Winona arc onward)
  10. You're a wizard, Harry: You have to put one of the following Pokémon on your team and it must stay there for the rest of the game: Haunter/Gengar, Dusclops/Dusknoir, Banette, Gardevoir, Gallade, Kadabra/Alakazam, Sableye, Grumpig, Solrock, Lunatone, Misdreavus/Mismagius, Gulpin, Relicanth, Dustox, Medicham, Jynx, Chandelure, Reuniclus, Trevenant, Gourgeist, Chimecho (the crossed ones are unavailable in Emerald) (Purgatorium from Tate-Liza arc)
  11. The Curse of Eternal Youth: Evolution is no longer allowed. If you wish, you may hack/trade in Everstones for convenience. These Everstones are exempt from all other curses' effects. (starts from Juan arc with those listed in rule #10 as exceptions)
  12. Toxic Avenger: Catch a Poison-Type and teach it Toxic. It must stay on your team for the rest of the run. (I hope Flyburg will do from Juan arc onward)
  13. Spooky Ball: If there are any Ghost or Dark-type obtainable by this point in your game, catch one now, even if you already have one on your team. This Pokemon cannot be removed from your team, even by the effects of another curse. (got Green for the finale)
Minor update: Aile got Green the (second) Sharpedo at Pacifidlog Town and trained her until she caught up with everyone else (I kinda thought of having Red and Blue as some sort of Green's mentor at this point). Once everything's done, Aile fought Wally for the second time and managed to get through the Victory Road with no casualties somehow. And now she's planning for the Elite 4 and Champion battles. Assuming Green's movesets are similar to Red and Blue's from my last update, here's a little rundown for it:
Spoiler:

Sorry if my handwriting is a total mess btw. And as a reminder about my team:
  • Trappola is a Banette
  • Flyburg is a Crobat
  • Red and Blue and Green are both Sharpedo
  • Purgatorium is a Gardevoir
  • Ether Strike is a Cacturne
Also, when I'm done with my final battles, should I edit them in here? Or should I make a separate entry? Never mind, I'll make do with my next post.

Last edited:
Years
Well, I'm definitely not going to get this done by the end of the event (darn school, getting in the way of everything! lol) but I plan on finishing anyway with whatever curses I've got at the end of the event

I pick a green berry and move to room 19

Curses:
Spoiler:

Gym 3:
Spoiler:

Team:
Spoiler:

Superjolt

Years
Defeated Morty and traded over some Pokémon from Platinum/Diamond! Update soon.

I'll take the mysterious black/white berry and interact with the uppermost urn (if that's how this works, wasn't sure)

Last edited:

11wildy

Me!
Years
Quick update, because I played again!

After quite some ruling issues I figured out how to continue. Caught Meowth and evolved it to Demonic Overlord Persian. Then in the Ice gym, both Nightmare and Overlord got frozen, but Ghost easily beat Pryce on its own.

Ruling issues:
Evolved Gastly to have a wizard
Will catch a Poison type and teach it Sludge Bomb instead of Toxic.
Destiny Bond is impossible as Haunter is already past that level.
Plaguespreader also is not possible so I'm ignoring it

I will pick all the berries before going down the stairs!

Rules:
No-slot hex: Max team size of 5
The curse of eternal youth: No evolutions
Zombie Dinner: Must have a biting move
A quiet place: No sound based moves
BIRDS!!!!!: Hoothoot
Nightmare fuel: Hoothoot with Nightmare and Sunny Day
Dracula's apprentice: Teach all HP draining moves
Frozen curse: Any frozen pokemon must be boxed (why does this happen 3 times already O.O)
Embargo: No items in battle
Fridge horror: A pokemon that does not resist Ice and does not have a Fire move cannot use any STAB moves
The thing: added Ditto
You're a wizard, Harry: Gastly evolved to Haunter
Demonic Overlords: Added Persian
Toxic avenger: Teach Toxic to a caught Poison Pokemon. I will teach Sludge Bomb instead because Toxic is not available!
Plaguespreader: Teach a poison move to all pokemon (Only possibility is the Sludge Bomb TM)
Too scared to move: 3 damaging moves at most

Global rules:
Add a Dark type to my team (Sneasel)
No type overlapping
Revived Poliwag, can only use physical moves and never battle along with other team members
All Pokemon except Ghost and Dark types are banned

Team:

Ghost the Haunter
-Thunder
-Dream Eater
-Hypnosis
-Curse

Nightmare the Hoothoot (frozen)
-Confusion
-Hypnosis
-Nightmare
-Thief

Overlord the Persian (frozen)
-Iron Tail
-Shadow Ball
-Bite
-Detect

The Thing the Ditto
-Transform

Last edited:
Years

THE FINAL HOUR OF THIS CHALLENGE IS NEAR
Thanks everyone for participating in this Event. And because I probably won't be here tomorrow again, this is probably the last update. Just like with GT Event, I can send you a list of rules so you can continue by yourself.

Please leave a comment with your opinion on it here, so I can make these types of Events better.

INKBLOTS'S FINAL UPDATE
Let's cut to the important part. You have failed. But, you still got the berries! New rule has been added, check your character on the map.

Since this is the end, I'll grant you only 3 berries:

SUPERJOLT'S FINAL UPDATE
Superjolt picks up Mysterious Berry. Nothing happens. Well, that's disappointing. But wait, a ghostly white hand appeared out of nowhere with a piece of paper. Superjolt takes it and it simple says: "Sorry, this berry is outdated and isn't working. Take this curse instead." New rule has been added, check your character on the map.

Superjolt then goes to one of the urns and jumps inside. No teleport in this one. That's sad. You can try this again. Remember, you're trying to get out of this section. Let's try teleport next time. Oh and pick a berry as a consolation prize:
Pick one or more berries to continue. One berry will add one rule to your run. You also encountered special event. The map can change based on your action.

NOTE: You might notice that the rule says Global Rule, but since this is the end of the Event, you're the only one affected by it.

11WILDY'S FINAL UPDATE
It's a good thing this is ending, I'm slowly running out of rules. New rule has been added, check your character on the map.

Since this is the end, I'll grant you only 2 berries:

saniachan

Second Violinist
Years
  13. Spooky Ball: If there are any Ghost or Dark-type obtainable by this point in your game, catch one now, even if you already have one on your team. This Pokemon cannot be removed from your team, even by the effects of another curse. (got Green for the finale)
Major update: Aile's fight against Hoenn's Elite Four went just as planned, though with a little struggle (and a lot of close calls) with Glacia's squad (especially her Walrein). That wasn't what took Trappola's and Flyburg's lives, though. Champion Wallace's Gyarados did it instead via Earthquake and Hyper Beam, respectively. Its winning streak then got cut short by Purgatorium's Thunderbolt, thus avenging his friends and leading to Aile's new Champion status.
r3hQvvwm.jpg

Spoiler: Aile's final squad (in no particular order)
Trappola (Ghostly Adventure, died to Wallace's Gyarados)
Spoiler:

Purgatorium (You're a wizard, Harry)
Spoiler:

Green (Spooky Ball)
Spoiler:

Flyburg (Toxic Avenger, died to Wallace's Gyarados)
Spoiler:

Ether Strike
Spoiler:

Spoiler: The cursed ones
Rectangular Force
Spoiler:

Ocean's Curse + Rectangular Force
Spoiler:

Potential candidates for "You're a wizard, Harry"
Spoiler:

Nuzlocke deaths
Spoiler:

Other curses
Spoiler:
Now that this is the end, I thank everyone for the fun. For next time's event like this, the host might want to consider all possible conflicts while making personal rules. That's all, and thank you. 😊

Last edited:

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
I wish I had updated this morning so I could sneak into Janp's last update. But here goes anyway. I will definitely be continuing this challenge, so I would appreciate a list of rules for sure.

Update #4 on Renegade Platinum.

Current Curses:
Spoiler:

• I won't be able to catch a Grimer (or even a Ditto) until after Veilstone Gym, but I boxed my poor Shadow for future assimilation.
  • Continued on from Hearthome City and defeated rival Dread, then we got a couple policeman shouting about the Pokémon Mansion.
  • Went to Route 213 North to check it out, and grabbed a Sunny Day TM, so Rex can finally use STAB attacks.
  • Apparently it had been taken over by Team Galactic, so I cleared them out and defeated Saturn and Mr. Backlot in the end.
  • My prize was a Manaphy egg, but into the box it goes.
  • Now I had access to Route 209, so I headed through there to Solaceon Town.
  • Checked out the ruins and scaled Lost Tower, where I caught Mistry the Misdreavus, who is part Fairy-type!
  • Fought my way through Route 210 and 215 to Veilstone City, then used a Dusk Stone on Mistry to evolved him into Mismagius!
  • Took on the gym, and while the trainers were easy to take care of, Maylene was another matter.
  • It took a few tries and a heavy switching strategy between my Dark and Ghost-types, but I eventually prevailed with a team effort.

Screens:
Spoiler:

Team Spook:
429.png

Mistry the Mild Mismagius, ♂ - L39
Ability: Levitate
Moves: Draining Kiss, Moonblast, Shadow Ball, Will-O-Wisp
034.png

Rex the Careful Nidoking, ♂ - L39
Ability: Poison Point
Moves: Poison Jab, Thrash, Sunny Day, Earthquake
342.png

Pirate the Adamant Crawdaunt, ♀ - L39
Ability: Adaptability
Moves: Aqua Jet, Knock Off, Crabhammer, Rock Slide
229.png

Brimstone the Serious Houndoom, ♀ - L38
Ability: Intimidate
Moves: Flamethrower, Fire Fang, Dark Pulse, Thunder Fang
478.png

Kimono the Relaxed Froslass, ♀ - L39
Ability: Levitate
Moves: Shadow Ball, Psychic, Ice Beam, Confuse Ray

Notable changes to these Pokemon in Renegade Platinum:
Spoiler:

I will take a red, green, and blue berry, then continue up to room 24.

Back