• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

March Maaaadness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
How should I know if you were talking about the american version of FF II or the japanese version of FF II :(

BE MORE PRECISE!1!!!one!1!

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
I thought more people used to the now international numbering of the FF series in 2012. Its been nearly 20 years since the mess, and it was cleaned up more then a decade ago on the PS1. Just saw Michael Moore's capitalism move, and I gotta say its making me want to look up on what exactly happened with 2008. Some of that stuff in there is straight up Orwellian Dystopia .

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
What are you guys talking about? x:

Sorry about not being around last night. I was busy trying to figure something out and didn't want to bother turning on the laptop.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Also, brawl hate? Sure melee was faster, but brawl had all sorts of goodies to unlock as well, and it has the stage editor, so it wins by default.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Depends on who you're playing against. If you've played it a lot and you wanna battle with skill, turn items off. If you're playing with some inexperienced players, turn it on to give them a fighting chance.

I liked Melee best. Felt the pace was a lot faster than Brawl.

Yeah I always had friends that were kind of jerks and would claim "I CAN'T HAVE FUN UNLESS THERE ARE NO ITEMS AND NOTHING RANDOM", with the knowledge that I don't even own the game so they would crush me every time we played. I just ended up not playing anymore, haha.

And Elendil it's the entire franchise, not that particular game. :P

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Hating Smash Bros should be a crime on a Nintendo related forum, but hey whatever floats your boat Touj.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I think I would like the game more if I started out with less competitive people, haha. It's not the game itself I hate.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
Do what I do and play local with buddies irl, granted someone will likely get owned into oblivion but it's having fun with the game itself that matters in the end :P

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Yeah...that was my point. >_> That my local friends are all hyper-competitive and won't play unless it's ONLY based on skill, and then they have the advantage of owning the game and playing a lot more than me and I don't really have fun being stomped into the ground.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
OIC. If you're lucky you can find someone online who's probably worse and practice on them until you feel like you're skilled enough. Think fishing for guppies before moving onto swordfish or something like that.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
Years
I get that all the time, to be honest. I've got too many super-competitive friends when it comes to arcade games (slightly different, we have arcade machines in our Computing class with high scores, etc.) so it's just not fun for me getting stomped because they no-life the levels.

I've had a real passion for RPG and open world games lately, with Far Cry 3 being my ticket to alleviating boredom.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
When I know the people I'm going up against is really not in my league, I usually pick a character that I don't main. So like that, instead of having a 0% chance of winning, they now have a 1% chance of winning, lmao.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
For the most, the people I play Smash Bros with are of a similar or slightly lower ability level to me, so I've never really had an issue with horribly competitive friends. If anything, I'll be that horribly competitive person that people hate! :P

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I've never played it, tbh.

Irrelevant, but what color goes well with gray, other than red or white? I'm doing a Rattata recolor and I can't figure out what color to make its muzzle, inner ears, and paws.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
@Slenderdude: Go with gold or bronze for that shiny look.

Haven't played Melee or Brawl myself in well over 3 years now honestly.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I actually play Melee competitively on a regular basis. Just this sunday I went to Polybash for a Melee tourney and over 200 contestants I ranked myself 12th. Not bad :3

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I ended up leaving it as tan. Turned out pretty well, I think, considering it was my first recolor. x; Just finished a Vulpix one, as well.

Crux

Evermore
Years
How's the world turning for ya Dcc?

Well, I am bored out of my mind.... again.

:D
Slender! Vulpix is one of my all time favorite pokemon in the history of man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back