• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen What's Your Rival's name?

cadgod120

Your Rival
Years
I saw a thread on naming the hero/heroine, but what about your rival?

Ever since I saw a rather comedic Let's Play of Gold, I have decided to name my rival...Carl.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 2, 2022
I don't know...I might name my rival after an old friend (for old times sake).

Ayselipera

I might just use the first default name depending on whether it resembles him or not. I actually carefully choose my rival's name. I like to name them by how they look. So, for example in HG/SS I think I may have named Silver Danny once because he looks like a Danny to me. :3

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Hahaha, I don't even know my trainer name yet... Maybe Light, honestly. From username, not for Black/White theme. :x!

So, the rival can be lame ol' Shadow. Or Zack. Names of my past pets. xD

Having a mean female rival would be cool. o__O

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
We don't even know what they look like yet LOL
I guess I would name it an offical name like Silver in SS...

Eeohnex

Illuminate
Years
I'm probably going to name it after the version of the game: White if I get the White version and Black if I get the Black version, sounds pretty weird but that's what I did on my Soul Silver and Heart Gold.

Years
I'll wait until the manga. Whatever they're called in the manga, I'll name them.

That's why I'm "Gold" and rival is "Silver", not Ethan and Heart, in SoulSilver.

I just like the manga names.

However, I may just name them after the partner game.

Colorado Avalanche

Beast Battler.
Years
Anyways. If it is a boy I always name it after one of my best friends or one of my brothers.

I think it's fun. Maybe it will be a girl this time and not boys many times.

cadgod120

Your Rival
Years
I'm kinda hoping for a girl rival myself. Dawn and Kris don't do much at all. May sucked too.

If that happens, then I can't name her Carl ( although that would be rather funny :D )

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
Years
Well, since I started HG, I'm going to name them both this:

Hero: Ichigo/Sakura
Rival: Nikolai/Arina

Yeah, for any game, these are the names. Male/Female, yay!

myrrh25

New account soon.
Years
I vary it a little bit
My name is always named after my real-life name, always.
For mystery dungeon games I pick the friend that I think best suits me as a be-there-for-you-always partner.
For main Pokemon games I pick the friend that I think is the most competitive battler for my rival.

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 15, 2016
Well for my last few playthroughs I've named the rival (Pearl) Jacob after my friend who still actually likes Pokémon.

Shiny Shaymin

I laugh at your misfortune.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 22, 2015
I guess I'll do Murdle… cuz it sounds quite cool. xD

Back