• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Please Rate My Team!

Pokemon Master N

Champion Trainer
Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2012
Hi guys! I was wondering if you guys could rate my team, so here it is:

Dragonite lv. 100 M Jolly Inner Focus Choice Band Attacking Lead

Outrage
Fire Punch
Superpower
Extreme Speed

EVs:
Att 252
Spd 252
Sp. Def 4

Magmortar lv. 100 M Modest Flame Body Life Orb Special Sweeper

Flamethrower
Thunderbolt
Hidden Power (Grass) (70)
Focus Blast

EVs:
HP 16
Sp. Att 252
Spd 240

Mamoswine lv. 100 F Jolly Thick Fat Wide Lens Phisical Sweeper

Ice Shard
Icicle Crash
Earthquake
Stone Edge

EVs:
HP 4
Att 252
Spd 252

Seviper lv. 100 M Jolly Infiltrator Choice Scarf CS Stall/Status Inflicter

Switcheroo
Glare
Swagger
Toxic

EVs:
HP 132
Def 124
Sp. Def 124
Spd 128

Blissey lv. 100 F Impish Natural Cure Leftovers Healer (Shiny)

Stealth Rock
Heal Bell
Sesmic Toss
Wish

EVs:
HP 128
Def 252
Sp. Def 128

Shukle lv. 100 M Calm Contrary Chest Berry Staller (Shiny)

Swagger
Toxic
Protect
Rest

EVs:
HP 4
Def 252
Sp. Def 252

And there you have it! Ratings are out of 10, I am also open to suggestions on how to improve my team. Thanks!

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I think Dragonite could be better off with this set so it can attack from both sides of the offensive spectrum:
-Draco Meteor
-Fire Blast
-Superpower
-ExtremeSpeed
Nature: Quiet
EVs: 252 Atk/252 SAtk/4 Spe
Item: Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus

TBH, Magmortar isn't good in OU. Infernape is faster and has just as good as a movepool as Magmortar does:
-Overheat/Fire Blast/Flamethrower
-Close Combat
-Grass Knot/U-turn
-Stone Edge/Mach Punch
Nature: Hasty/Naive
EVs: 252 Atk/4 SAtk/252 Spe
Item: Life Orb/Expert Belt

For Blissey, don't use Healing Wish at all, since it wastes its defensive capabilities by KOing itself. Use Softboiled instead. Use this EV spread: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SDef with a Bold nature.

Seviper is absolute Taunt bait and is best in the lower tiers, where it can abuse its good offensive movepool. If you want something that can Trick away a Choice item, use Rotom-W:
-Thunderbolt/Volt Switch
-Hydro Pump
-Hidden Power (Ice/Fire)
-Trick
Nature: Timid
EVs: 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe
Item: Choice Specs/Choice Scarf

Despite Shuckle's massive defenses, it doesn't have useful resistances to take advantage of. Ferrothorn has a better defensive typing and decent defenses:
-Spikes (you have Blissey to use Stealth Rock anyway)
-Leech Seed
-Gyro Ball/Thunder Wave/Protect
-Power Whip/Protect
Nature: Relaxed
EVs: 252 HP/88 Def/168 SDef
Item: Leftovers

Edit: Icicle Crash is illegal on Thick Fat Mamoswine, so you're better off using Snow Cloak as its ability. Also, use Life Orb or Choice Band as the item.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
If you're gonna use Dragonite, you need to use Multiscale as it's by far the best ability to use on it (plus you have Icicle Crash on your Mamo so I'm assuming Gen V anyway). If you don't have access to Multiscale (which you probably could get - plenty of people should have it around forums and such) then Dragonite is otherwise an inferior Salamence. :(

I think if you want to have an annoying Serperior set you might want to ditch the TrickScarf part and rather go with a SubCoil set with Glare. You boost Serperior's defenses while paralyzing everything and phazing them with Dragon Tail, spreading paralysis really easily which is always helpful for any team. You could try out the set:

509.png

Serperior @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature (+Spe, -SpA)
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Spe / 4 SpD
- Substitute
- Coil
- Dragon Tail
- Glare

If you have any trouble with other movesets or want to test something new out, don't be afraid to post!

Pokemonmaster_draco

One Of The Best
Years
Your dragonite is good as far as u giv it a simple move like "safeguard" or a move that may protect it from becming confuse while using outrage. The others is pretty much ok, but for blissey, well, i don't agree with its movesets and EV. Here is a better movepool: softboil, protect, heal bell, rollout/attackin move. I think its much better

Pokemon Master N

Champion Trainer
Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2012
I think if you want to have an annoying Serperior set you might want to ditch the TrickScarf part and rather go with a SubCoil set with Glare. You boost Serperior's defenses while paralyzing everything and phazing them with Dragon Tail, spreading paralysis really easily which is always helpful for any team. You could try out the set:

509.png

Serperior @ Leftovers
- Substitute
- Coil
- Dragon Tail
- Glare

If you have any trouble with other movesets or want to test something new out, don't be afraid to post!

That is one of the best ideas in all of my RMTs, but I also have another suggestion from a friend at school, so I'm going to consider it.

Years
I like to see Shuckle in competitive play. I'm not so sure about Magmortar or Mamoswine, I'd give it...an 8? 8.5 for Dragonite and Blissey they rock every team they're on.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Pretty sure the other comments are helping you out, but not a big fan of Shuckle & Seviper. Could use others, but it's totally up to you since it's your team. I'd have to agree with Platinum Dude on Magmartor, Infernape does make a better use for your party. But if it were me, I've always stuck with Ninetales as my Fire Pokemon :)

Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2012
platinum dude gave you the best opinion.As well as Vrai with the serperior idea.But a problem in your team is speed.Most of your pokemon can be easily wiped of with likes of Terrakion and Latios.

JonathanLUNG

99 Pokes but a Girl Ain't One
Years
5/10

You're missing out on all of the great stuff you could do with the pokes that you have, I think.

On Dragonite:

1. Take the damn CB off your Dragonite - you're wasting the DD abilities. Instead, take off some speed evs and some atk evs, and give it def. evs. Defensive Dragonite running Roost, Hurricane, Outrage and DD is monstrous.

2. Dragonite shouldn't lead. In today's metagame, everything has Ice Beam. :\

3. Multiscale > All. Multiscale is why Dragonite matters at all. The only thing that I've seen KO Multiscale Dragonite (without the help of Stealth Rock) on a switch in was Icicle Crash on Mamoswine, or a +1 Ice Beam from Genesect.

4. @PlatinumDude: If you're running MixNite, you might as well run Salamence. :\

On Magmortar:

1. Run Infernape instead (as Platinum Dude said).

Spotty Advice: His version is more legit, but... I love to lead with Band Infernape running Flame Charge, Stone Edge, U-Turn and Mach Punch with max Attack and all the speed EVs - Flame Charge almost always pushes your speed up one level, so very soon, you have a ~500 atk Band Infernape with ridiculous speed. Of course, things like Heatran moot it, so it's best run with a bulky water type like Slowbro or Jellicient so you can switch in when they have something that resists Infernape brought out.

On Mamoswine:

Doin' it wrong!!

Give it max Atk Evs and Speed Evs. Slap a Choice Scarf onto it, Thick Fat, Icicle Crash, Ice Shard (1st priority), Stone Edge and that ridiculous STAB Earthquake.

This thing will OHKO any and all Dragons (except for Dialga - but that's not even OU) with Icicle Crash. It'll OHKO everything but Multiscale Dragonite or Defensive Haxorus with Ice Shard.

On Seviper:

Err, that doesn't look that bad, at all. Except that it's just asking for something to taunt it. (Prankster Whimsicott or Tornadus will be your worst enemy).

Tbh, there are a bunch of other pokemon who fill this niche a lot better - Thunderwave accomplishes the same thing as glare, Reuniclus is much bulkier Trick abuser, etc etc...

On Blissey:

I think the Wish/Heal Bell Combo is a lot better than Softboiled, tbh. Also, don't give it def. evs. No matter how many you give it, it's dying in one hit anyway :( Just max out on HP and on Spe. Def.

Also Shuckle is the ultimate troll <3

XEL

Lorem Ipsum
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 20, 2022
5/10

You're missing out on all of the great stuff you could do with the pokes that you have, I think.

On Dragonite:

1. Take the damn CB off your Dragonite - you're wasting the DD abilities. Instead, take off some speed evs and some atk evs, and give it def. evs. Defensive Dragonite running Roost, Hurricane, Outrage and DD is monstrous.

2. Dragonite shouldn't lead. In today's metagame, everything has Ice Beam. :\

3. Multiscale > All. Multiscale is why Dragonite matters at all. The only thing that I've seen KO Multiscale Dragonite (without the help of Stealth Rock) on a switch in was Icicle Crash on Mamoswine, or a +1 Ice Beam from Genesect.

Honestly, if you're going with what this poster said, I'd drop the Hurricane. Sure it gives you STAB, but that's pretty much it. DDance will boost your physical attack for Outrage, but you're not really taking advantage of its full potential but slapping on a Special move. If you want to run a bulky Dragonite set, I'd do:

@Leftovers
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
- DDance
- Dragon Claw
- Roost
- Fire Punch

If you want to run an offensive Dragonite set, I'd go with:

@Lum Berry
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
- DDance
- Outrage
- Earthquake/Extremespeed
- Fire Punch

As for myself, I run the second set, with earthquake and my own EV spread of 20 HP / 252 Atk / 20 Def / 216 Spe for a mix of bulk and power. Not really that necessary but it's worked for me so far. I'd also suggest that you could potentially make Dragonite a late game sweeper. Once you've dealt with a good portion of the opponent's team, Dragonite and come in and set up freely with Multiscale. After that, it's GG.

However, if you do intend on switching it's role you'll need a Rapid Spinner in case of entry hazards.

Two come to mind immediately. You can run a Starmie RSer, which is a great partner for Dragonite due to their synergy. Or you could run a Donphan RS/SRer, replacing Mamoswine. Donphan can learn Ice Shard and Stealth Rock both in 4th gen. It can also learn Rapid Spin. In addition, it has a powerful STAB Earthquake.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
Years
If you're gonna use Dragonite, you need to use Multiscale as it's by far the best ability to use on it (plus you have Icicle Crash on your Mamo so I'm assuming Gen V anyway). If you don't have access to Multiscale (which you probably could get - plenty of people should have it around forums and such) then Dragonite is otherwise an inferior Salamence. :(

509.png

Serperior @ Leftovers
- Substitute
- Coil
- Dragon Tail
- Glare

Is all that investment in SPE really necessary? Serperior runs base 113, paralysis, and the only attacking move you propose has -6 priority. Might be nice to pull off +50% DEF on the fly to soak up more of an attack, or summon a Sub, but it also lacks recovery to abuse the SPE. After you're set up and done Parashuffling, you're pretty much not using that SPE stat anyway.

Back