• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Annoying Places

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
The title says clearly what this topic is about. Irritating places,you dread exploring because of hacked encounter rates of Zubat,tough trainers or it's well known for getting lost into.

What are those places you have to explore just for the storyline?

Years
Cave!! Sometimes this place made me circle around. And if I'm not bring some repels, I really mad. Because when I was walking about 5 seconds, wild Pokèmon attacked me soon. Soooo... annoying

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Mt. Mortar was very annoying to go though in HG/SS. I never even went back to try to find Marill or fully explore it with Rock Climb.

Years
Any sort of surfing, since I never seem to bring any Repels with me (I'll remember to use them anywhere else, though). Also, anything that absolutely required an HM. I hated Mt. Silver for this, since I had a perfect team ready to face Red, but had no way to make it to the top of the mountain.

LinooneFriend

Pokefriend
Years
Every cave in existence. I think my experience walking through caves in Pokemon is why I hesitate before going into real caves. I'm also afraid to stay underground in Minecraft for too long (which can be a problem).

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Mt. Coronet is the most annoying cave/mountain in my opinion. I get confused almost every time I go in there. Mt. Mortar isn't much of a problem to me.

Last edited:
Years
Caves, Mountains, and some select gyms (Faninita's and Janine's, respectively)
Caves: Spammed with zubats and geodudes, maybe the occasional psyduck/ratatta. So many, so I stick on using repels.
Mountains: same thing, but the water in some, respectively.
Gyms: Their little tricks, getting bombed with trainers -n-
and in yellow, rocket hideout. You spin SOOOO slow, and imagine how your poor little pikapi feels!

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
Years
Oh god this brings back some baaaaad memories in Blue. I was in that cave going toward Cerulean City and I didn't have repels or flash. I was getting really annoyed by all the Zubats in there.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 25, 2012
Yeah Mt. Coronet. So many entrances along with the swarm of Galactic trainers. So annoying. :P I don't mind the wild Pokemon because I can just use repels.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
I don't mind encountering wild pokemon but when the encounter rates just gets crazily high, that's when things begin to frustrate me. A prime example of this is when I'm surfing south of Olivine City around The Whirl Islands; my god the Tentacruel were annoying. Not to mention the countless Zubat and Golbat I encoutnered while climbing Mt. Coronet. I also really despise having to teach my team member unnecessary HM's just to get through a certain route or part.

Years
I don't mind encountering wild pokemon but when the encounter rates just gets crazily high, that's when things begin to frustrate me. A prime example of this is when I'm surfing south of Olivine City around The Whirl Islands; my god the Tentacruel were annoying. Not to mention the countless Zubat and Golbat I encoutnered while climbing Mt. Coronet. I also really despise having to teach my team member unnecessary HM's just to get through a certain route or part.

I agree with you Nathan, basically any area with a crazy encounter rate.

My most annoying would have to be Mt. Coronet, Mt. Mortar and Whirl Islands. Guess I have something against caves, must be those goddamned Zubat.

Also, any area that requires an HM Slave.

Sirfetch’d

I hate all caves like Mount Coronet. It was a PAIN! Mt. Mortar never really bothered me because it was not necessary to explore.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
I actually really hated the Team Rocket HQ in Mahogany Town due to the constant encounter with Voltorbs using Selfdestruct, and other pretty annoying Pokemon. I mean, it's not something that makes it unplayable at all, and I quite liked most of the HQ, but this was just annoying to the degree of Zubat caves and whatnot. I've also never really liked areas where you've had to use Surf alot, due to the also constant encounters if you fail to bring a repel, and here I'm talking the sea around Whirl Isles in particular, because Tentacool hfsdjkfhkjsdhfhsdf. But yeah, pretty much that.

Zayphora

Don't mess with the lights...
Years
Mount Coronet. Ewwwwwwww...Spear Pillar was awesome but that mountain....just ewwwwwww...

Also, Whirl Islands drove me NUTS. I could not for the life of me find the right entrance until at least 4 tries.

And the Resort Area. again, ewww.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Basically every cave haha. Too many zubats and golbats along with caves that just take forever to get out of. They all make me annoyed ._.

LividZephyr

Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks
Years
Mt. Coronet. Totally. Bronzong. Golbat. One every ten steps. Yeah... I need like 40 Super Repels at least...

Whirl Islands Cave was also annoying at times, but not as bad.

The Grubby Pup

Where's mah shiny squeaky ball
Years
For D/P/PT.

Yep. It's gotta be Mt. Coronet, mane...Especially da parts before you go to Snowpoint City and the last Team Galactic event, before Cyrus get dragged into h3ll. So many HMs need to travel around it. Strength, Defog, Rock Climb, Surf, Rock Smash... LOL

For HG/SS

I hate Ice Path; I mean with a passion. Not only that you're forced to go there to reach the last gym city...But I hate the fact that you gotta use Strength to push the rocks in those tiny ass holes. And if you mess up, you gotta leave da whole area and come back, while steadily getting attacked by Swinub(s) and stupid Golbat(s) Errr, so annoying.

...Just like if it was on cue...BLAM...Random wild encounter. LOL

Back