• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The DS-style 64x64 Pokémon Sprite Resource [COMPLETED]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Added up to Leavanny, I didn't like the B/W sprite so I made a custom sprite for it, based off of its official art:
595.png

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
Images removed for brevity

Custom sprite for Scolipede, it's B/W sprite is too huge...

Just so you know, if I haven't inserted your sprites, it's usually because I'm either not currently working on the 649 Patch, or because I want to keep some sprite slots for working on the formes. I always have them downloaded and ready to insert for when I wish to.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Just so you know, if I haven't inserted your sprites, it's usually because I'm either not currently working on the 649 Patch, or because I want to keep some sprite slots for working on the formes. I always have them downloaded and ready to insert for when I wish to.
That's totally fine. I'm trying to get all the Unova Pokemon done with, that way every Pokemon in your patch will finally have valid sprite data.

Just so you know, here is my to-do list:

1. Unova Pokemon
2. Female Sinnoh Pokemon
3. Remaining Kanto, Johto, and Hoenn Pokemon (including gender differences)

Skitty1

Highlight my signature :)
Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2012
Chaos Rush said:
Here is a montage of the sprites that are completed: (These might be outdated and I'm too lazy to update them every time I finish a single sprite, kthxbai)

Before I begin sorry if I come off as crude but I am trying to be helpful...

When people read "I'm to lazy to do it" that raises a red flag… as in if the user is to lazy then they clearly lack the motivation to do the task. In other words…

Lazy > lack of motivation > sloppy job.

Also another thing if you are too lazy to type out "Okay, thank you, goodbye." Well then that is rather sad…

Robert Conley

GPXPlus.net/user/Robert+Conley
Years

When people read "I'm to lazy to do it" that raises a red flag… as in if the user is to lazy then they clearly lack the motivation to do the task. In other words…

Also another thing if you are too lazy to type out "Okay, thank you, goodbye." Well then that is rather sad…

Except the sprites are all coming out amazing, Chaos has extremely high standards for what the sprites come out as. Even going so far as to stop accepting help and do it completely solo because so many of the helpers were presenting sloppily done sprites and even doing scratch sprites when the official sprites don't work very well resized.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
599.png

If anyone is wondering why Cottonee looks a lot different, that's because in Pokemon Black 2 and White 2, Cottonee got a completely new sprite. So Cottonee in my sprite project will be based off of the Black 2/White 2 sprite, rather than the Black/White sprite.

That's an absolutely amazing Scolipede! I like it far better than even the official B/W sprite.
Thank you! Although I've made a minor adjustment in the front sprite (sorry Jambo51 if you've already inserted the old one)
598-1.png

You've done such an amazing job on these Chaos Rush! Thank you so much for all the hard work!
Thank you!

Sorry, but your post does not make you come off as "helpful". Oh, and yes, I agree, I must be soooo lazy, having already done over 200 Pokemon sprites (both front and back), and having already completed the entirety of Generation IV and almost half of Generation V.

Let's see you, Skitty1, make a sprite project of resizing/scratching all 649 Pokemon, both front and back, and then manually recolor every sprite to shiny, and then manually assemble them into a format that can be recognized by Wichu's Sprite Editor for Rom hacking, and you have to do it for every single Pokemon. I'm sure you would do a fantasic job ;)

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
Thank you! Although I've made a minor adjustment in the front sprite (sorry Jambo51 if you've already inserted the old one)

Nope, I hadn't, thankfully. Space is beginning to be at a premium in my base, so I can't afford to hastily insert the sprites. You have previous at editing after the fact, so I always leave it for at least a week. Not that I have a problem with this, you're a bit of a perfectionist, which ends up with us having access to high quality sprites. :)

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
he said don't spam him about if he liked it/ if he will use it
Yeah but your Deino sprite is just the official sprite with no changes, so its completely unnecessary post.

Oh and I'm going to say right here and now: The only person allowed to post sprites besides me is Wiznatts, and Tailes (this one dude from Nuzlocke Forums) So it doesn't matter what I said in the past, I've been making good progress recently, so no more helpers.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Some more sprites, but with explanations:
610.png

611.png

Couldn't really angle the backsprite without making it look too small, hence why I chose that angle. Besides, I find this backsprite hilarious... "Go! Square!"

612.png

If anyone is wondering why I made the eyes in the backsprite like that, that's because Scraggy's eyes are supposed to look like that:
200px-559Scraggy.png
(official Sugimori art)

613.png

614.png

Sigilyph was an absolute pain to do, it was probably the longest I've ever worked on a sprite. ugggggghhhhhh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back