• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What Ailment Do You Hate Most

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
That is DEFINITELY Paralysis. After that probably comes Confusion and Infatuation.

Paralysis is just so infuriating, because you can't do anything and it's so uncertain, you don't know when you'll be able to attack or not, and not being able to attack 5 times in a row while there IS the chance that you could attack is worse than getting constant damage but attacking, or being disabled completely like with Sleep or Freeze because at least you know what's up.

Confusion because you get damage yourself when it fails, and Infatuation pretty much for the same reason as Paralysis, but less worse because it wears off when you switch out.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 7, 2017
It's definitely confusion. My Pokemon hurt themselves 99/100 times xD And when I switch my Pokemon, the opponent uses confuse ray/supersonic/swagger again, and it's just really really annoying x.x

Years
It used to be Poison, especially when it used to take effect outside of battle. More recently though I found myself frustrated with confusion, as before I seemed to have pretty good luck with it, but now 3 out of 4 times my Pokemon seems to hurt itself in it's confusion.

Years
I hate all of them, but especially Paralysis, Sleep and Infatuation.

Paralysis makes me dread battles with Pokemon that have Static cos I hate getting my Speed cut and having that chance of not being able to attack (forget about the Speed drop if you have a Pokemon with Quick Feet).

Sleep is my most hated cos I hate being unable to attack while the opponent just pummels me. That's why I often try to use healing items or run back to a healing spot. Especially with all those Audino using Secret Power, which can put any Pokemon that I'm training to sleep and man it makes me mad cos it almost ALWAYS HAPPENS!

Infatuation, especially in B/W due to most wild Audino carrying Attract, meaning that if I'm training something of the opposite gender I have to be careful cos when Attract hits, I get stunned into only attacking 50% of the time and I always often fall to it. It also forces me to switch to a Pokemon that is of the same gender or with the Oblivious ability just to prevent it. Audino made me hate infatuation even more!

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
Confusion and infatuation are my most hated, simply because of their sheer annoyance. All of the other major ones are at least persistent and constant in how they affect the team. Confusion/infatuation can let you be complacent for a few turns and then get you for so much more, or just completely debilitate your critter for 4-5 turns. Its the sheer unknown of what could happen that irritates me the most about confusion/infatuation.

Years
  • Seen Mar 29, 2015
Let me think about this...

I hate every last one of them!

I make it a compulsory habit to run from a battle if my lead guy gets afflicted if possible (otherwise, I just switch to one that's either faster or immune to that ailment if I can.) & if it persists outside of a battle, that's grounds for a retreat back to the Pokémon Center, unless the afflicted didn't sustain any damage, in which that's when I break out the full heals/lum berries.

Speaking of lum berries, I should also make it a habit to attach one of those onto my entire lineup whenever I'm facing a group of hostile trainers.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
Outside of battle, Poison is just SOo annoying when you're traveling to the next route/destination/city/etc because your Pokemon either dies or it just dies the next time your battle a trainer so you just have to do it all over again once you get sent back to the Pokemon Center. :/

In battle, Confusion/Infatuation are tied, since I can never hit when I'm affected by either of them. I can always switch out but... its harder earlier ingame when you don't have a lot of Pokemon or you're trying to get a certain Pokemon lots of EXP.

Years
Paralysis definitely. It's always at a crucial stage when my pokémon is UNABLE TO MOVE!!

Everything else I can deal with but Paralysis just irks me every time.

Last edited:

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
Years
I had a bad time with Paralyze and Confusion in Black 2. I can't remember ever being paralized or hit because of confusion for 3-4 straight turns. And it mostly happens when I'm low on health! :(

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 11, 2024
Sleep. Especially in competitive battles, Sleep means at least one guaranteed turn of doing absolutely nothing--that means your Pokemon is gonna need to visit Nurse Joy in a few seconds. There's a reason why Smogon decided to enforce the Sleep Clause and has nothing against the other status ailments. Guaranteed immobility is a far worse threat than a chance at immobility.

YungKnowledge

Kigo & Jori Shipper
Years
I have always found sleep super annoying. Always right after sleep dream eater always comes. This combo right here make me so angry whenever it happens.

Rayshin

Lurking to the max.
Years
Always hated Frozen. 'Specially when I use my Mono-Type Grass team for fun. Never could have the time to buy those Thawing Agents, or Freeze Heals or whatever.

~Always.

Ciax

Ledian Used Starlight!
Years
I would say freeze but thats so rare that I'm not annoyed when it happens to me. Confusion is probably the most annoying. My pokemon seem to hurt themselves a lot more than they dont. It gets extremely annoying.

Polizard'12

Pokemon Trader
Years
You could add cursed? I would have chosen that without a doubt, it takes away so much HP...
But second worst for me would be Burns, especially on a physical attacking Pokemon.

Tater Tot

I used to be popular here~
Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen Jan 15, 2017
Infatuation. The only thing that actually makes me want to kill my own Pokemon

Back