• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Screenshot/Music Showcase

Status
Not open for further replies.

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 3, 2015
All I can think of is Pokemon Auburn.. you should change it more, it looks too similar, the text, map layout, the whole introduction is just a rip off.

It's not exactly "Auburn Exclusive" lots of games have used this as an intro.
And the map, I don't see how i've taken a map?

That's an island with a cave on.

iirc, There's no island with a cave in their intro sequence.

As for the font, it's the basic Pokémon font.

Rayd12smitty

Shadow Maker
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2016
rock_climb_by_rayd12smitty-d7bw0fj.png

After a long time, I finally decided (finalized my decision, not changing again) which HMs I am going to include in Melanite. The last one, and the one that is not by default included in Pokemon Essentials is Rock Climb!

I added in the functioning for it and added some fancy rock climbing animations and am pretty happy with how it turned out! Rock Climb won't be usable until you defeat the 7th gym.

Rayd12smitty

Shadow Maker
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2016
I have been trying to implement Rock Climb for a while. How did you do this?!

Pretty much copy and pasted waterfall, added a tile for the rocky wall, and changed everything that checked for waterfall to rockclimb, check for water tiles to my new rocky tile, and then made a few small edits. It was slightly harder making it work with the following pokemon script but I got it to work pretty good. Adding the animation was weird though XD everything was shifted around weird so I had to make some adjustments.

Derxwna Kapsyla

Derxwna "The Badman" Kapsyla
Years
7MqDi.png

Thanks to FL's help on helping us figure out how to bind fly to an item, and for my friend Mugendai for finishing the Mini Teleporter script for Touhoumon: Faith & Prayer Version based on FL's documentation, I was able to add the Mini Teleporter to my game. However, I decided to take it a step further.
A friend of mine commissioned a Touhoumon fangame out of me a while back, and the main character can fly around naturally. Unfortunately, without the fly code's knowledge cracked, I couldn't emulate this. Now that we have the knowledge, I managed to bind the code I have for the Mini Teleporter to the Pause Menu, so now the player can fly to locations they've visited without a fancy item or a Pokemon/Puppet who can use Fly.
Right now the code has some kinks that need to be worked out, like the pause menu doesn't disappear if you select Flight and then close out of it, and I have yet to test if this will actually work as Touhoumon Underground has no maps with flight points yet.

Years
  • Seen Jan 8, 2024
tLeTbnB.png

I'm just messing around a bit with color and lighting with Generation 2 tiles in my continuing mostly-just-messing-around project. The particles floating around are meant to make it look dusty, so I'm going to have to work on them a bit.

tImE

It's still me, 44tim44 ;)
Years
tLeTbnB.png

I'm just messing around a bit with color and lighting with Generation 2 tiles in my continuing mostly-just-messing-around project. The particles floating around are meant to make it look dusty, so I'm going to have to work on them a bit.

To get a nice dust effect, if possible, try to have them only visible in the light.
You can't really see dust in the dark, however it is common to see dust in rays of light, coming from lamps or windows.

Skystrike

[i]As old as time itself.[/i]
Years
I've been making several new moves for Pokemon Evoas, but this is my favorite so far:

EverlastingAlarmingGrayling.gif

Suplex! A basic fighting type move. Also Jigglypuff is now Normal-Fighting, as shown by the bandanna.

Amazing!!

I'll definitely have to watch Evoas now (I've looked at the thread before ;) )

can jigglypuff suplex trains

Years
It's based on the state of Oregon where I live, so that's part of the reason why it may suck, also since I can't make the actual game (due to the economy) all I have is to make this map, I'll probably try to make it better by getting the materials, and starting from scratch. I know it's not the best, but again it's all I have so I'm going to do what I can to make it better, but don't expect awesome town maps.

If any one wants to try to make a better Oregon Region map using the map base I'm posting, please PM me with the map when you're done making it.

WackyTurtle

Developer
Years
If any one wants to try to make a better Oregon Region map using the map base I'm posting, please PM me with the map when you're done making it.

You shouldn't be relying on someone else making your map, I think most people around here have better things to do. However, if you listen to advice, make some adjustments or improvements of your own and post the results here I'm sure you'll get plenty of useful feedback.

It's based on the state of Oregon where I live, so that's part of the reason why it may suck, also since I can't make the actual game (due to the economy) all I have is to make this map, I'll probably try to make it better by getting the materials, and starting from scratch. I know it's not the best, but again it's all I have so I'm going to do what I can to make it better, but don't expect awesome town maps.

Why does the town map have to be based on Oregon? It's not exactly the most interestingly shaped landmass. Maybe you could experiment a bit and try making up your own world? Remember that most maps serve as the basis for fun and interesting gameplay, meaning the route the player takes shouldn't be linear and should cover a diverse selection of terrain.

Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
Seeing the discussion about region maps inspired me to have a go. I've done a number of HGSS-styled region maps before, but never a BW-styled one. A couple of hours of experimenting and tweaking later, I have a BW-styled custom region. I present to you: Serri.

bw_style_serri_by_jimrichards42-d7da0kh.png

All of the locations are aligned to the grid prescribed by Essentials, for easy in-game use if and when I decide to do so. Those two bridges in the middle still don't look like bridges, though. I blame verticality.

Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2017
Seeing the discussion about region maps inspired me to have a go. I've done a number of HGSS-styled region maps before, but never a BW-styled one. A couple of hours of experimenting and tweaking later, I have a BW-styled custom region. I present to you: Serri.

All of the locations are aligned to the grid prescribed by Essentials, for easy in-game use if and when I decide to do so. Those two bridges in the middle still don't look like bridges, though. I blame verticality.

There is no image here. Can you upload it to an alternate site, like imgur or photobucket?

Rayquaza.

Lead Dev in Pokémon Order and Chaos
Years

Awesome map bro. If you want to fix the bridges I'd take a look at how gamefreak did it for this map.

See the shading? If you apply that to your map & experiment some more I think it'd make a flawless map.

Good luck.

On the topic of region maps, I've polished mine a bit and here's the result:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

tImE

Years
On the topic of region maps, I've polished mine a bit and here's the result:
Spoiler:

I won't comment on the route-path design, because honestly, it doesn't really matter and yours look fine.
As for the actual graphics of the map:

+Good base spriting.
+Simple and good design

-The coasts of the land and islands are way too smooth. Look at official maps or jim42's. More irregular coasts look better.
-The same goes for the transitions. More irregularitys and not so smooth edges between sand and forest would be better.
-The water lack texture and the depth-transitions are kind of bland. It's really boring as it is, compared to the water in jim42's map for example. You can try simply adding a texture on top of the water layer, that should suffice, but I personally think improving the transitions between deep and shallow water is needed too.

7/10

Rayquaza.

Years
I won't comment on the route-path design, because honestly, it doesn't really matter and yours look fine.
As for the actual graphics of the map:

+Good base spriting.
+Simple and good design

-The coasts of the land and islands are way too smooth. Look at official maps or jim42's. More irregular coasts look better.
-The same goes for the transitions. More irregularitys and not so smooth edges between sand and forest would be better.
-The water lack texture and the depth-transitions are kind of bland. It's really boring as it is, compared to the water in jim42's map for example. You can try simply adding a texture on top of the water layer, that should suffice, but I personally think improving the transitions between deep and shallow water is needed too.

7/10

Thanks. I'm fairly new to doing region maps and this'll really help for the next set of improvements. I currently don't know how to set about adding texture and how I should make the shores less smooth but I'll do a couple of experiments and resubmit later.

Thanks.

Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
I currently don't know how to set about adding texture and how I should make the shores less smooth but I'll do a couple of experiments and resubmit later.
What I did was take the forest texture from here http://the-godlings-rapture.deviantart.com/art/Unova-Map-Kit-315598823 and overlay it on the water layer with a transparency of about 30%. Of course, this requires Photoshop or a similar program, so if you're using Paint you'll need to find another solution.

Awesome map bro. If you want to fix the bridges I'd take a look at how gamefreak did it for this map.

See the shading? If you apply that to your map & experiment some more I think it'd make a flawless map.
Could you elaborate some more? The trouble I had lies in that the bridges are vertical (see between the BW and 3r watermarks) whereas the ones in Unova are (mostly) horizontal. As such, it's hard to make any clear distinction of height.

Rayquaza.

Years
What I did was take the forest texture from here http://the-godlings-rapture.deviantart.com/art/Unova-Map-Kit-315598823 and overlay it on the water layer with a transparency of about 30%. Of course, this requires Photoshop or a similar program, so if you're using Paint you'll need to find another solution.

Could you elaborate some more? The trouble I had lies in that the bridges are vertical (see between the BW and 3r watermarks) whereas the ones in Unova are (mostly) horizontal. As such, it's hard to make any clear distinction of height.

Thanks for the tip, as it happens that's what I used to make the map. Focusing on one thing at a time, how's this? I've made improvements to the sea parts:
Spoiler:

As for the vertical bridges, I'm stumped. I guess you could consider the shading required to make a horizontal bridge and somehow apply it to the vertical?

Last edited:

tImE

Years
Thanks for the tip, as it happens that's what I used to make the map. Focusing on one thing at a time, how's this? I've made improvements to the sea parts:
Spoiler:

As for the vertical bridges, I'm stumped. I guess you could consider the shading required to make a horizontal bridge and somehow apply it to the vertical?

That is A LOT better!
Great job! :D

If you're in need of a good image editing program, I recommend Paint.NET. It's not as good as Photoshop or GIMP, but it's free and easier to use than GIMP imo.

And @jim42
You should try to add a shadow to the vertical bridges that bulges out to the right, since they are more elevated than the routes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back