• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Ryen

Who's idea should we use for the second gym? (Ideas posted in the thread)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

shinylugia249

I'm back
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2016

Mini-Update

capture205.png

(prototype, new one with protagonists and flosting gems coming soon...)
Tittle screen music currently custom remix of metroid zero mission tittle screen music...

Just a video!:

The video will show your second battle againts gary where you have to prove to him that you beat Florinda (which you didin't). Hehe, Wait till he finds out later. I also want to show how difficult some of the battles will be if you're not prepared. I've taken so many aspects into consideration. You'll get poisoned, paralized, and confused! And lastly another preview of the music by megiddo!:

The Video!:

gubgub

Person
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 19, 2009
i like the graphics. that new video has some great mapping.

shinylugia249

I'm back
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2016
This update looks quite nice. The tiles, the events, the music, the battle against Gary, everything looks fabulous! Keep up the good work!

Thanks HOF, really appreciate it!

i like the graphics. that new video has some great mapping.

Thanks, we are currently working on our mapping though. It's really crowded in many of our maps.

On a side Note:
I will be revealing a new Pokemon on wednesday (along with it's evo (maybe)).

EDIT: How about thursday!...

Stay tuned!

Last edited:

TeddiursaFan

is a TeddiursaFan
Years
  • Seen Jan 8, 2013
Why Thursday? BTW, nice video. So is Florinda the 2nd game, and are you redoing the types for the gym leaders?

TeddiursaFan

is a TeddiursaFan
Years
  • Seen Jan 8, 2013
I'm guessing he'll reveal who'll win at the same he'll reveal the fakemon evos or preevos. So, it might be today or until he completes working on the chosen map so that it fits the tileset for Ryen.

Riceeman

Spriter Guy
Years
  • Seen Nov 25, 2011
It's looking really good! The tiles and mapping in your sig are brilliant, and the hot tub looks cool ^_^ Keep up the awesome work!

shinylugia249

I'm back
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2016
Why Thursday? BTW, nice video. So is Florinda the 2nd game, and are you redoing the types for the gym leaders?
Well I'm really busy right now. I've pretty much finished signas city and I'm compltely redoing the snow tiles for Rising City and Route 49. Because of this i'm going to put it off till friday, tomorrow. Sorry guys there just too much for me to do (even though i'm on Spring Break) that has nothing to do with Ryen.

I guess I should also reaveal that Florinda is a gym leader (the hints are everywhere in the game). Maybe the 4th or 5th gym leader.

I still think they're really good.
Thanks!

When are the contest results gonna be revealed?
Um, right now.

im surprised that there were only 3 entries.

Yeah, Our first contest had 3 entries too.

It's looking really good! The tiles and mapping in your sig are brilliant, and the hot tub looks cool ^_^ Keep up the awesome work!

Thanks dude! I guess you can call it a hot tub, but I don't it's common to see 2 boys in one these days :P

Ok, Signas City is pretty much finished (mapping). 44tim44 is the winner of the contest! I took his design and messed around with it and i'm really satisfied with it (and i'm sure you guys will like it too). The city is big and has an underground mall (which I haven't made the tiles for yet or mapped). Just to satisfy everyone here's a screen from signas City:

capture313.png

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
Years
Well I'm really busy right now. I've pretty much finished signas city and I'm compltely redoing the snow tiles for Rising City and Route 49. Because of this i'm going to put it off till friday, tomorrow. Sorry guys there just too much for me to do (even though i'm on Spring Break) that has nothing to do with Ryen.

I guess I should also reaveal that Florinda is a gym leader (the hints are everywhere in the game). Maybe the 4th or 5th gym leader.

Thanks!

Um, right now.

Yeah, Our first contest had 3 entries too.

Thanks dude! I guess you can call it a hot tub, but I don't it's common to see 2 boys in one these days :P

Ok, Signas City is pretty much finished (mapping). 44tim44 is the winner of the contest! I took his design and messed around with it and i'm really satisfied with it (and i'm sure you guys will like it too). The city is big and has an underground mall (which I haven't made the tiles for yet or mapped). Just to satisfy everyone here's a screen from signas City:

capture313.png

A vehicle and an underground mall, wow! The update looks great and please keep it up!

TeddiursaFan

is a TeddiursaFan
Years
  • Seen Jan 8, 2013
I kind of figured that Florinda was a gym leader, and I left out some words in my other post. I was asking if she was the 2nd gym leader, but you already answered that. Cdrew, Ryushin and I, the idealists, thought your map was good. However, we didn't give our response to SL who asked us to come up with a winner. Well, congrats 44tim44! I can't wait to see more of Signas City.

cdrew

Spastic Video Game Designer
Years
With SL's mapping, I wonder if it looks anything like the original. And ya, I suspected Florinda too. I asked you about it and you said that you couldn't answer that (which means yes).

Plus the old lady in the house where you find Nidorino says "The gym leader's pokemon hang out here sonny's, now go get me some tapeoka!" (ok maybe that last part wasn't all true, but close enough)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back