• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favourite book?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jun 29, 2011
The Stranger by Albert Camus is really good. I like the idea that that absurd things, things that seem trivial are the things that end up screwing him.
Metamorphosis by Franz Kafka: Again with the absurd things, I mean, the fact that you get turned into a bug out of nowhere and that an apple kills you in the end is really awesome. Plus it has a lot of meanings, it really make you think.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 24, 2011
I'm more into a series of books that feature the same character. I love reading about development and well, thats evident in series's! :D (may have used the wrong phrase).

Evil Genius series by Catherine Jinks
In The Blood series by Jackie French
Keys to the Kingdom by Garth Nix

In terms of books by themselves, I've got two, but I can't remember one of them. The other one is The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 18, 2024

Well, there are a few, but based on how I currently feel, I'll kinda rank them:

1. Artemis Fowl (And sequels) by Eoin Colfer. I actually own one of the first versions of this, where it looks like the "Book" rather than with the cool cover art. I like all of them (haven't read The Atlantis Complex yet), but I think my favourite is the original, with The Lost Colony and The Eternity Code coming closely behind. Although I haven't read the latter for years, as I don't own a copy. I guess these are sort of fantasy novels really.

2. Alex Rider series by Anthony Horowitz. Impossible to separate these out, although Eagle Strike, Scorpia and Ark Angel are probably my favourites, as he's not working for MI6 in those, which makes it more interesting as he doesn't have a set goal or anything, he sets himself to do things, still spying even though he didn't originally want to.

3. Inheritance Cycle by Christopher Paolini. Love these books. Ironically, it was my brother who bought Eragon and Eldest, yet I seem to like them more than him, so I bought Brisingr (which is definitely my favourite) and plan on obtaining the final book too. These are definitely fantasy books as well.

4. Power of Five series. Another Horowitz one, these are possibly the darkest books I've ever read, although they're not really dark, but I still like them. Eagerly awaiting the 5th book, as well as hoping to eventually buy Raven's Gate. Don't really know what genre these are...

5. Harry Potter series. Yeah...I've read them all. Seen films 1-6, own films 1-5 on VHS and DVD too. Don't get me wrong by ranking them so low, or dismiss them as a cliché choice, they're brilliant books. And the franchise on a whole is brilliant, I'd love it if Artemis Fowl or Inheritance had become as big as Harry Potter and been made into films.

10-ish. Alpha Force series by Chris Ryan. Another spy / adventure series, I've read them all once (or at least all that were released when I was really into them). They're really good, particularly Survival, the first book

All these are novels, because that's mainly what I read. However, I do read non-novel books, just less of them. Mainly Jeremy Clarkson's books, as they're hilarious.

Giga Flare

The Onion Knight
Years
My favorite book has to be The Looking Glass Wars Trilogy by Frank Beddor. It's basically a darker version of Wonderland where Alyss's (mistakenly called Alice by everyone in our world)parents King and Queen of Wonderland are murdered and Alyss escapes through a pond, which is a portal to our world. Alyss is forced to pretend to be normal, eventually believing that her time in Wonderland was nothing but a dream but all the while one of the knights travels the world in search of her.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
Years
I'm not into reading books because I find them to be boring. But what I am into is The Book of World Records because there are a lot of interesting records in them and also with amazing pictures.

:t354:TG

Back