• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Valde Bellum (OOC Thread)

Royal

Artist and Writer
Years
Hahaha, it's alright, it's alright. :3

The Pokemon on routes are pretty varied, and if you see a Pokemon on a route you want, you can ask the person on that route to catch it and possibly trade it to you later.

At the end of the chapter, everyone's getting a gift from Rayne too, but I won't say what it is. c:

Last edited:

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
Years
I'd also like to let everyone know that Poochyena's up for grabs. It was mostly caught for story value and not really part of Kris' team.

Kikpanther

Not a beginner that's for sure
Years
I think all the Pokemon Courtney has is for team purposes. Pinkie Pie has an Elektrike on her route that Courtney would like to have.

I don't know what Pokemon are going to be in Courtney's route after her battle, but I'm sure something will be available that someone likes.

Years
  • Seen Dec 20, 2016
Glad to see that you guys actually use and interact in the OOC thread. The only advice I can give on posting style is to post in a way that connects you with your character. Getting attached to you character is the best way to improve your writing in my opinion. But I'm still learning myself.

I will say this. Writing a girl character as a guy is challenging (and slightly creepy) but I'm actually enjoying it. I feel Mask's life will be difficult in terms of gaining pokemon early. She is a bit picky.

Kikpanther

Years
I'm really, really, really bad at doing girls. XD I should make more girl characters, but I really don't like them.

Courtney is like... Terrible. X( I really hate her as a character and I can barely RP her right! :( If I could do a character switch I would. DX It's so hard for me to think of stuff for her to do or how she'd react (another reason why it takes so long for me just to get a post in). With my male characters it takes a lot less time. x.x

The Pinkie Pie

Party Rocker Pony/Trainer
Years
Aw... :3 Thank you everyone! This is my first time roleplaying in a Pokemon roleplay. I've actually been roleplaying for a while now. Not sure how long really though. Feels like forever! XD I see what you all mean about the substance. While my posts are long, they seem to be lacking some delicious filling. I'll need to work on that. :)

As far as roleplaying as the opposite gender, I have no problems with it. Being raised the way I was, as well as how I am, I find myself having a knack for it. :3

Years
  • Seen Dec 20, 2016
So I realized half way through my next post that I can't think of a good enough reason for Mask to capture any of the pokemon on her route. It is going to make the Acies battle a pain, but I can't force her to capture one if it doesn't go with her character. But, if anyone really wants something on my route, I'll do my best to work it in.

Filling is always good but too much will make you sick. I already walk a thin line with that. It took me two fairly long post to just actually see my pokemon.

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
Years
Just a head's up, Royal, I'm doing another catch post before the big battle due to an established trade with Nate_Dawg.

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
Years
if there is still a spot to reserve I'd happily represent any region. I find it interesting that this reminds me so much of my first Rp. dystopia and compitent enemies. exactly what pokemon needs.

anyway if I can reserve I'll get right on an SU.

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
Years
oh ok, lol jsut vm'd you. jsut a moment I'll edit it in.

I grabbed this from one of my prior RPs. which did involve talking with your own pokemon if you become confused.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Kikpanther

Years
Just posting to say sorry, sorry about the wait for this post! Really haven't been able to get on the comp for a little bit to work on it and I'm having a few inspiration troubles for this battle. X(

I'll try and get it done before Wednesday! :(

I don't think it'll take that long, but I'm giving myself security days.

Years
  • Seen Dec 20, 2016
I should have a post up either tonight or tomorrow morning now that 4th of July Madness is over.

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
Years
so what about my RP segment? obviously it was for an RP with certain atributes that make it different from this one, and I did throw in some things to make fun of the trainers in the actual games, the doofy one liner the other trainer says. I can easily go grab an example from a different RP if you'd rather see one from a more generic one.

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
Years
Name of Character
: Seph Jacker

Age of Character
: 17

Appearance
: Seph stands around six foot and has a lean build. He has shaggy dark brown hair that falls in jagged angles around his neck and hangs down to his eyebrows. Below his eyebrows are a pair of dark amber-brown eyes that have seen a lot more then most. Seph tries to keep a smirk or smile on his face, but its been rather hard for him the last few years. The claw scars down his back, and bite scar on his right thigh are not even nearly enough to describe what Seph has gone through.

Seph tends to stick with dull and solemn colors these days though he used to be a bit more out going. He wears a dark gray long sleeve shirts, and a dark red jacket over top. He has a pair of black and navy jeans to wear on his journey, and some good old hiking boots as well. Seph pulls a black and dark red baseball cap on over his mop of hair and slings a good old fashioned backpack over his shoulder.

Region From
: Johto/ Secundus

History
: Some would call Seph's life lucky, but in the end its all the same. His town was the tiniest speck of a far north mountain village on the maps, and stayed free for slightly longer then others. Still with only the town free it became his jail cell. Still a child the adults decided the less he knew the better. Perhaps it would end before he was of age. Maybe he'd stand a chance. Well they were wrong. Dead wrong.

The Acies did find the town, and seeing was still 'free' went overboard to 'make up for those lost years'. Seph spent the next seven years living in that rule, and didn't get it at all. His parents tried to tell him what it was, but they Acies saw that as treason and took them away. Seph still doesn't know for sure, but he head two gun shots echo that day and never saw his parents again. So it was just him and his brother, Tyler. Tyler did know the truth already, and knew it was now his job to protect Seph.

Tyler took that job seriously. He never let Seph go anywhere alone, and always made sure to keep him out of trouble, but one time it was Seph who needed to get Tyler out of trouble. They had been walking and Tyler bumped into an Acies who had just come out of a pub. There was alcohol on his breath as he shouted at Tyler. Just that accident warranted the Acies to send out a mightyena on Tyler. The pokemon was viscious and terrifying to the young boys, but when the beast started to attack Seph tried his best to help his brother. Despite being nearly futile it was more a sign of his care for his brother.

Seph still feels lost in this world. More then half his life he knew nothing about the atrocities going on, and he feels as though he just sat aside getting to have his own life while other suffered. His past has left him secluded and very quiet execpt around his brother. To gain his trust is near impossible since he has closed out the world so much. He is afraid of what the world turned out to be, but doesn't let that show. He knows that he needs to stay strong because if he doesn't why should his brother?

Due to the mightyena incident Seph has mixed feelings on pokemon. Some terrify him other he doesn't mind. He is happy that wild pokemon are much more docile then the Acies ones, but they grew fewer and fewer as he got older. So now closed in and unable to speak up Seph has begun to boil over with thoughts of what this world really holds.

Roleplay Example
: (does dialoge count as anything?))

"Voltorb use spark!" The other trainer commanded.

Spinning around until he was only a blur the Voltorb began to charge up power then it rushed towards Raizer.

"Counter with a point blank ember!" I responded.

As the Voltorb crashed into Raizer he unleashed a burst of fire from his mouth. The attack covered the foe's face in flames. The Voltorb retreated, but it's attack had still done its job. Raizer shivered feeling the electricity flow through his body. I could feel it too. This was one of the things I never understood about pokemon. How could they take such hits and keep on going? Why couldn't my father.? He had thousands of volts go through him and he was left paralyzed permanently from the waist down. It was no where near as bad, but I felt his pain then.

"Raizer time to under mine our foe." I yelled.

"You got it!" Raizer roared.

In a fury of claws Raizer tore through the ground and disappeared into the earth. He ripped through the ground behind the Voltorb and jabbed a claw into its back. The Voltorb skidded across the field and fell into the same hole Raizer dug.

"I think your pokemon is done." I said.

"…yeah we've rolled over…" The trainer said returning his pokemon.

He tried to give me a couple bucks since I won, but I refused the money. I didn't want anything to do with this guy. Sure there was nothing wrong with him to most people, but he just didn't seem to be in it. He seemed like a joke. He had one weak pokemon, he made stupid quips, and he instantly was worried about paying me. He wasn't even a real trainer. To be a trainer you have to actually help your pokemon grow and care about their growth not just the battles.

Favorite Element
: fire

Last edited:
Back