• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Can't you just forgive me?

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Are you a forgiving person?
Not really anything else to say here.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
Depends on what they did, if it was something really bad or they hurt me, yes I do find it hard to forgive them at least completely. If it's a simple mistake or misunderstanding, then yes, I'll forgive a person easily.

Caelus

Gone
Years
  • Seen May 26, 2013
I try to forgive and forget, especially if it's something that occurred years ago. Some people aren't as quick to forgive though, so there's a few people from my past that I haven't talked to in years but would someday like to.

There's only like only two people that I'll never forgive just because of how pathetic they are.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
There's only one person I've met who I will probably never forgive, tbh.

I'm somewhat forgiving, I guess. T:

I mean, one of my few friends in some classes I'm in is a guy who used to hate me. I normally wouldn't be as quick to drop it, but he's really taking a chance by befriending me- I'm that one person in a class that everyone hates/avoids. {:

But in general, as I said, I'm somewhat forgiving. It partially depends on who they are and what they've done.

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Age 22
  • Nah
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017
Well, I hate to forgive when it's someone's fault, not mine. But yeah, if I see it was my fault, I forgive my friend or someone.

Btw I have a friend that forgives everyone.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I tend to give out multiple chances before they violate my trust to the point where I can't forgive them anymore, but that takes a good amount of time.

Gyardosamped

entering snake habitat
Years
As others have mentioned, it really depends on the situation. Usually, though, I forgive but I don't forget. I don't hold grudges, but I also don't look at the person the same way as I did before.

The way I look at it is that I tend to be more on the forgiving side most of the time, but if someone keeps toying with my trust, then I really won't forgive them.

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
Years
I tend to be forgiving, but obviously it depends on the situation. While I definitely am a firm believer in second chances, if someone continuously makes the same mistake, forgiving them for it over and over becomes tiring. So I mean, in general, yes I'll forgive, but if it's a consistent problem then I will eventually stop.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
Yes, I am. I try my very best to forgive others for what they have done, no matter how big or small the mistake that they have done. Everyone deserves a second chance. Forgiving is what I've been taught to do. It's part of my values and part of who I am. If I can't forgive them, I can never forgive myself.

Forgive them, for they know not what they do.

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
Well, I'm unfettered by things that would grieve others; I'm unsure as to whether that makes me forgiving or not.
If I were transgressed to an extent that would actually concern me, I probably wouldn't be forgiving.

Last edited:

Munchlax11

Munch?
Years
  • Age 26
  • USA
  • Seen Feb 15, 2014
I'm too forgiving :/. It's a bit of the problem. I can't stay mad at people for long because I get scared that if I stay mad at them I might lose them. But initially if someone does something to me I get really angry, then I usually end up apologizing to them for getting too mad. After my initial outburst I cool down and forgive them very quickly. As long as I get an adequate apology I'll forgive someone right away usually. If they reaaly screw up I stay mad for a couple of days.... possibly up to a week, which is not that long, but it is a pretty long time for me. I'm not really the type of person to hold grudges.

Crux

Evermore
Years
I forgive, but never forget.
Whilst as it can be difficult for me to forgive people depending on what they did, as i'm sure it is for everyone, if they truly make an effort towards atonement then I will forgive them.
However, if they did something that bad that i'd need to work at forgiving them, then I won't forget it. Ever.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I always forgive and forget. When people say "I forgive but I don't forget", that says to me "I don't really forgive". If you don't forget then there's no point in forgiving because if you don't forget then it denies the other person the opportunity to redeem themselves.

That doesn't make much sense, so I'll give you an example. Say you have a newish friend and he's all lovely and it's not in his character to be nasty, but one day you really really frustrate him to the point where he snaps and swears and yells at you. It's an extremely out of character moment for him and it upsets you a lot. He apologises and you forgive him but you don't forget. In your mind, he's now the kind of person that would swear and yell at his friends and even if he never raises his voice to you again, it won't make a difference because you don't forget so he'll always be that guy to you.

It leaves no room for improvement or redemption. It's silly and juvenile not to forget when you forgive.

Back