• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Hi! I was looking at bulbapedia's event page and it said that the pikachu colored pichu triggers an in game event in white does anyone know what this is? Thanks!

The Pikachu-colored Pichu event only works in HG/SS. If you bring it to Ilex Forest, the Spiky-eared Pichu will come out and join the team. Sadly, the event is long since over.

Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2013
I just picked up a 3DS XL (red/black), Pokemon White Version and Pokemon White Version 2 along with a strategy guide, but can't figure out what an Ace Trainer is, anyone? I'm wondering because I put that on my trainer card, but am not really sure what they mean by Ace Trainer.

Years
I just picked up a 3DS XL (red/black), Pokemon White Version and Pokemon White Version 2 along with a strategy guide, but can't figure out what an Ace Trainer is, anyone? I'm wondering because I put that on my trainer card, but am not really sure what they mean by Ace Trainer.

You must be talking about the Trainer classes you can display for your sprite in the Union Room. On your Trainer Card, if you tap the part that says "PKMN Trainer" you can change the Trainer class that your sprite shows up as in the Union Room.

I've got a pic of the Trainer Card if you don't understand what I'm talking about:
Trainer_card_Black_White.png

These are the following sprites used for male and female players respectively:

Male - Ace Trainer, Scientist, PKMN Breeder, Preschooler, PKMN Ranger, Roughneck, Youngster, Hiker

Female - Ace Trainer, Scientist, PKMN Breeder, Preschooler, PKMN Ranger, Nurse, Lass, Parasol Lady

In BW2, is Abundant Shrine only accessible after the Elite 4?

It's accessible after getting Waterfall, which the HM is obtained in Victory Road, so the answer is technically no. It is only accessible after the Elite Four in Black & White though.

Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2013
You must be talking about the Trainer classes you can display for your sprite in the Union Room. On your Trainer Card, if you tap the part that says "PKMN Trainer" you can change the Trainer class that your sprite shows up as in the Union Room.

I've got a pic of the Trainer Card if you don't understand what I'm talking about:
Trainer_card_Black_White.png

These are the following sprites used for male and female players respectively:

Male - Ace Trainer, Scientist, PKMN Breeder, Preschooler, PKMN Ranger, Roughneck, Youngster, Hiker

Female - Ace Trainer, Scientist, PKMN Breeder, Preschooler, PKMN Ranger, Nurse, Lass, Parasol Lady

Okay, but I was just wondering what Ace Trainer meant, like does it just mean good trainer or best trainer?

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
It's accessible after getting Waterfall, which the HM is obtained in Victory Road, so the answer is technically no. It is only accessible after the Elite Four in Black & White though.
Actually, if you have a Goldeen or Seaking, the move is learned naturally as early as Lv.37. Thus, you do not require the HM, and you can already climb waterfalls.

Technically, however, you cannot catch Goldeen until after the E4 without trading or finding it in the DW (which I actually did do, BTW; I have a DWF Goldeen), but if you do have a Goldeen you can use Waterfall as soon as you reach the area...though it might be locked until a certain badge is obtained.

Cyclone

Years
  • Seen Jun 13, 2013
Hi everyone, this is quiet urgent
Can I get the Deoxys with B\W 1? or does it HAVE to be via B2\W2?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
hi i heard that you can catch gnesect and rayquaza on black is this true?

Who ever told you that lied sadly. Rayquaza can only be caught in Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, Heart Gold, and Soul Silver. The last two need special game events to be done before you can catch it. Genesect is not available in any Pokemon game. It is an Event Download only Pokemon much like Mew, Celebi, Jiranchi, Deoxys, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Keldeo, and Meloetta.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Who ever told you that lied sadly. Rayquaza can only be caught in Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, Heart Gold, and Soul Silver. The last two need special game events to be done before you can catch it. Genesect is not available in any Pokemon game. It is an Event Download only Pokemon much like Mew, Celebi, Jiranchi, Deoxys, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Keldeo, and Meloetta.
To add to Genesect, it's also not available currently for Wifi acquisition. You'll have to trade for one, and be ready to accept a cloned one as that's likely what you're going to get, whether you are informed as such or not.

Cyclone

D-poke

Fairly Far Fetched
Years
Why does it tell me on the GTS 'this pokemon has already been traded' but the guy trading it doesn't disappear?!?

tabor62

[b][color=#CADB5A]W[/color][color=#C8DA4F]h[/color
Years
Why does it tell me on the GTS 'this pokemon has already been traded' but the guy trading it doesn't disappear?!?

It's a strange glitch that happens every now and then. I'm not exactly sure why, but it just happens. The best thing to do is to just ignore it.

Years
Just a quick (and possibly stupid) question:
After I catch Reshiram in Black, if I use Reshiram rather than my original pokemon party to defeat N, will I still beat the game? Or do I have to use my original 6 - pokemon party in order to defeat N and Ghetis?

Years
Just a quick (and possibly stupid) question:
After I catch Reshiram in Black, if I use Reshiram rather than my original pokemon party to defeat N, will I still beat the game? Or do I have to use my original 6 - pokemon party in order to defeat N and Ghetis?

Even though catching Reshiram/Zekrom is required to proceed, you don't necessarily have to use it in the fights against N and Ghetsis. After Reshiram (Black) or Zekrom (White) is caught and you have a full party, there is an option where you can decide if you want to switch out a Pokemon from your party to the PC to replace with Reshiram/Zekrom. Just say "No" if you don't want to send one of your Pokemon to the PC.

I hope that has helped you out!

Years
I get the idea of the PC box (I've been playing since Gen 1) but can I use Reshiram and still beat the game (I've been watching YouTube vids and they all say to put the Legendary in your PC instead of using it to battle.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I get the idea of the PC box (I've been playing since Gen 1) but can I use Reshiram and still beat the game (I've been watching YouTube vids and they all say to put the Legendary in your PC instead of using it to battle.

If you're playing Pokémon Black, you can choose whether or not you include Reshiram in the team before the final battles against N and Ghetsis. If you have more than 6 Pokémon with you at the time Reshiram was caught, you can choose which Pokémon to send to the PC, Reshiram included. You can still beat the game with or without Reshiram, but it's somewhat easier to just use it.

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
Years
Yes, it is possible that Reshiram can help you beat the game. Don't pit it against Ghetsis' Hydreigon though, as even at Level 54 Hydreigon is likely to outspeed it and kill it with Dragon Pulse. N's Carracosta and Archeops may give Reshiram problems too.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Just as an aside, I did include Reshiram in the final battles. It fainted after leading out in both. I think I ended up with an incredibly poor-IV Reshiram. I never bothered checking, but I'll add that to my to-do list...

My point? I still beat the game.

Cyclone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back