• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon TurquoiseBlue and NavyBlue (Beta 1.0 Released!)

Which version will you play?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Omonox

Pokemon TurquoiseBlue and NavyBlue
Years
navyboxart_zps644502f5.jpg
turquoiseboxart_zps47b77d2f.jpg

Updates: (July 30, 2014)
Over 10,000 People have seen this thread! Let's hope 10,000 will play the games on August 1st!

PLEASE TURN BATTLE SCENE OFF, OR SPRITES WILL BECOME DEFORMED!!!!!

Intro
Spoiler:

Tiles and Sprites
Spoiler:

Changes from Alpha 0.9 to Beta 1.0
Spoiler:

Gameplay Differences
Spoiler:

Version Differences
Spoiler:

Story
Spoiler:

Screenshots that are newer
Spoiler:

Screenshots
Spoiler:

Walkthrough
Credit to SuperChespinX for making the awesome walkthrough.
Part 1 (Spring Town, Route 1, Shasur Town, Route 2, Tolan City, Garden of Dreams)[/U]
Part 2 (Route 3, Fwalcan City)

Things that will be in Beta 1
Spoiler:

Characters
Spoiler:

Bugs
So Far there are quite a few bugs. If you find anymore, please report it to me.
-TurquoiseBlue has messed up titlescreen
-Movement perimissions on Sea-Sky Bridge
-Tile Errors
-Ace's first sprite isn't the correct sprite.'
-MAJOR SPRITE ERROR. PLEASE TURN BATTLE SCENE OFF TO AVOID GLITCHES.

Progress
Maps-20%
Sprites-0%
Fakemon-30%

Downloads
Originally May 23rd, then June 13th, then June 20th, then June 23rd, and now late July. But the first Alpha is out for NavyBlue version so enjoy the excuse for an alpha,
Alphas
Alpha 0.9 (NavyBlue)
July 9-July 31

Betas
Beta 1.0 (NavyBlue) Aug 1-
Beta 1.0 (TurqBlue) Aug 1-

Fan Art
So far there isn't any art, but that can change. Be creative and submit your fan art via pm.

Credits
Spoiler:

Programs Used
Spoiler:

Timeline
December 1, 2012-First Fakemon Sketch
December 15, 2013-First Day of Hacking
April 1, 2014-Thread Created
April 20, 2014-Over 25 Replies
May 20, 2014-Over 50 Replies
July 9, 2014-First Release of the Game
July 30, 2014-Over 10,000 People have seen the hack!
August 1, 2014-First Beta Released!
August 2, 2014-Over 75 Replies

Support
Please show your support by putting at least one of these support banners in your signature. Thanks.
nav_zps122ca7d6.png

tur_zps07d10279.png

Last edited:

Omonox

Years
I'll be updating these screenshots a lot. I have a lot more sprites and maps to make so keep in mind, nothing is final yet.

Years
  • Seen Nov 22, 2016
bro i hate to say it but fakemons looks ugly its looking like tile boxes.try to make it look like close to real life animals or pokemons i dont know how hard that is.but aside from fakemons everything is great story is cool.

Near~

The End is Near...
Years
First of all... The Fakemon need work like no offense but you should try practicing your skills on that I suggest you look up some tutorials... I also see your mapping skills need work, and the story sounds typical but I would like to see what you will implement on it :P Im glad to see your making this hack on your own well other than that nothing much to say but the best of luck:)

Smeargle

Illusory
Years

7 years ago I was in a situation similar. I posted an image I made that people didn't quite like, but I didn't know how I could fix it. I'll never forget the person who revamped my image and showed me my first pixel art tutorial.

Now my style isn't pokemon-like but hopefully It might give you an idea on shading and shaping.
Here is a revamp I made in a few minutes, I left in my progress so you could see how it works.
Sr5aVtb.png

Here is an excellent tutorial as well http://www.deviantart.com/?q=pixel+art+tutorial, It wasn't my first tutorial but it should give you a good understanding. I hope I might have helped, and I wish your hack the best of luck.

Omonox

Years

7 years ago I was in a situation similar. I posted an image I made that people didn't quite like, but I didn't know how I could fix it. I'll never forget the person who revamped my image and showed me my first pixel art tutorial.

Now my style isn't pokemon-like but hopefully It might give you an idea on shading and shaping.
Here is a revamp I made in a few minutes, I left in my progress so you could see how it works.
Sr5aVtb.png

Here is an excellent tutorial as well http://www.deviantart.com/?q=pixel+art+tutorial, It wasn't my first tutorial but it should give you a good understanding. I hope I might have helped, and I wish your hack the best of luck.

I know these fakemon aren't the best so far. I have a lot of work to do on them. All of them are based on animals so far, but I guess I'm just not that great at spriting right now. I'll make sure these look better for the final version.

Last edited:

Omonox

Years
Maybe it's only me but the maps look too dark and the Fakemon look...not ready yet.
Still this hack looks to be interesting.

Thanks. What do you mean by "too dark"? True, the Fakemon are not done yet. I promise they will look better when the Beta is ready.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 14, 2015
I already see that you know you have to focus more on the sprites, but I also see that the OW map looks very dark and/or uncolorful, that what some people mean when they say that the OW maps looks dark, also I know this isn't finished but I want to tell you that some of the OW maps looks a little empty, I hope I helped with something at least.

Omonox

Years
I already see that you know you have to focus more on the sprites, but I also see that the OW map looks very dark and/or uncolorful, that what some people mean when they say that the OW maps looks dark, also I know this isn't finished but I want to tell you that some of the OW maps looks a little empty, I hope I helped with something at least.
The dark areas where part of a forest you go to in the game. It may look a little empty because these are screenshots. I had to choose one small section of a map to post. Thanks for your advice.

Sniper

ふゆかい
Years
I must say.. your art is truly magnificent. Just kidding, your Fakemon needs A LOT of work. Also the OW of the hero.. (Holy wtf did you just do to the ♥♥♥♥ing hero?!) It needs to be fixed :( Also..
navy3_zps7d0358e7.png

The name, can you work on the name? BLATACAT is not a good name though. I think you need to work on it :) Is that VAMURAT or VAMVRAT? Looks both 'V' to me (V.V that's me) It looks like a recolored rare candy wrapper or something. Just candy. The box art too. I'm not good at drawing and I can't say I can do a little better. But I know you can improve it everytime you do! :) No offense to everything I've said. But that's an encouragement, good luck to you! ~ ^^

Omonox

Years
I must say.. your art is truly magnificent. Just kidding, your Fakemon needs A LOT of work. Also the OW of the hero.. (Holy wtf did you just do to the ♥♥♥♥ing hero?!) It needs to be fixed :( Also..
navy3_zps7d0358e7.png

The name, can you work on the name? BLATACAT is not a good name though. I think you need to work on it :) Is that VAMURAT or VAMVRAT? Looks both 'V' to me (V.V that's me) It looks like a recolored rare candy wrapper or something. Just candy. The box art too. I'm not good at drawing and I can't say I can do a little better. But I know you can improve it everytime you do! :) No offense to everything I've said. But that's an encouragement, good luck to you! ~ ^^

I actually kind of like my hero design. The fakemon I will fix a lot. The boxart is more of art than a Sprite so it looks a little sloppy. Vamvrat is supposed to be a bat. That's why he has the candy like wings. I didn't think he looked too bad. Thanks for the advice though, I'll make sure the fakemon look nicer

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
Years
I'm gonna have to side with everyone else here, nice game, nice plot, but, the sprites need work, the maps look promising, try and fix them up though. However, between us, you, at your age is MUCH more advanced than I was, when, I was 14/15, let's just say, I tried to make my own Pokemon hack, using Powerpoint and MS Paint, where I only had access to a GBA emulator and a few roms.

Try and draw your designs, on paper, scan them and ask someone to sprite them for you, draw your maps, that will help you, with me, my mapping came randomly out of the blue, but, if you have an idea for your maps, go ahead and draw them to have something to work off of, rather than trying to remember your ideas.

Omonox

Years
I'm gonna have to side with everyone else here, nice game, nice plot, but, the sprites need work, the maps look promising, try and fix them up though. However, between us, you, at your age is MUCH more advanced than I was, when, I was 14/15, let's just say, I tried to make my own Pokemon hack, using Powerpoint and MS Paint, where I only had access to a GBA emulator and a few roms.

Try and draw your designs, on paper, scan them and ask someone to sprite them for you, draw your maps, that will help you, with me, my mapping came randomly out of the blue, but, if you have an idea for your maps, go ahead and draw them to have something to work off of, rather than trying to remember your ideas.

Thank you for the advice. The fakemon I'm working on and there's a tiny bit of work I have to do on the maps

Omonox

Years
So far, a lot of fakemon are done, I have nearly all the maps done and I'm thinking I might add more. So should the beta end at the second gym or the third?

Omonox

Years
If you have everything leading to the third gym done why not :)
I'm interested in seeing what your hack has to offer.

Sorry, I have to put this hack on hold. My computer broke and until I find way to backup my work on a new one, this hack won't be out until at earliest may or June or later.

Years
The fakemons look so good i think its the best i ever seen

He's 13 and he has no experience doing sprites! It's logical they aren't good! Just don't laugh at him, this is the type of message that irritates me, c'mon, he said he will improve that, just encourage him if you want to post, and for saying what you said just don't post! It's very easy to laugh at people when you are relaxed sitting at home with your mobile phone or computer or whatever you use, uh?

Mastamilo, don't listen to him, just do your best, and good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back