• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A new kind of RP - The Ultimate pokemon Journey!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baker's Bulbasaur

Pokemon Bard
Years
well then for them times you can control him yourslef, unless someone else is like iona conversation with him, or it would be kinda wierd ^_^

[Technya]

Chick in riot gear!
Years
After I recieved my Charmander I walked outside. There were several kids also chekcking out their Pok?mon. I looked at the pokeball where mine was and decided to formally meet the little fiery lizard. As I was going to examin it well enough to pick out a good name for it another trainer close by had asked what Pok?mon we'd picked. While still staring at the Charmander I said. "Charmander." I paused for several minutes as dozens of names raced through my mind.

The small lizard looked up and sort of wagged its tail. That I found cute but just smiled at it. I was told it was a female Charmander so at best I finally decided on a proper name for her. I then, turned to the trainer who asked the question and saw he had gotten a Squirtle. "A Squirtle? Not bad. But I preffer fire myself. All right, let's get going Tristania." I said to my Charmander as I returned it to its pokeball.

Electric Hero

(Lightning) Lord
Years
I followed Prof. Oak to a room with three pokeballs. "Now, choose your pok?mon." the professor told me. I grabbed a pokeball, "I choose Charmander", I opened the pokeball and the little fire lizard appeared infront of me. "Thanks professor! see ya!" I said to Prof. Oak, and walked away from him, and Charmander following me. I saw many new trainers around me, all asking which pok?mon did you get?. I saw other familiar people, and just waved and walked out the lab.

I looked at my Charmander, and he looked back at me. "so... what name do you want my fellow pok?mon?" I asked him. He made a face that meant like 'I'm thinking'. After a moment he just said "charmander char char!", and I quiclky understood... he said something like Charmander it's fine... "so Charmander it is" I replied. Then, we both smiled at each other.

Al Duit

Pokemon Friend
Years
OOC: Shoot! It's happened again...I keep having trouble posting. I tried posting this hours ago I'll try again.

IC: Professor Oak jumps a bit, then turns towards me. "Oh, you startled me....Albert, right?"

I nod. "Yes, Professor."

"Well, you're a little early, but, the early bird gets the worm, they say. Or should I say, 'get's the squirtle'?" He chuckles as he motions for me to follow him.

I smile and say, "Something like that." I follow the professor inside.

He takes me to a table with 3 pokeballs on it. "Go ahead and pick one."

In front of each pokeball is a button. I press a button in front of the first, and a screen pops up behind the pokeball. On it is a picture of a charmander. "Charmander," says a computerized voice, "fire type." The middle one turns out to be a bulbasaur, and the third the one I want...squirtle, so I pick it up.

"He's a mischevious one, that squirtle." Professor Oak chuckles.

"Come on out, Squirtle, I want to meet you!" I push the button on the pokeball, and out comes the little water pokemon. He looks around, then at me as I put the empty 'ball on my belt.

"Squirt! Squirt squirt squirtle squirt!"

"Hi there!" I smile. "Would you like to come on an adventure with me?" I ask as I put out my hand towards it, palm up.

The squirtle grins and hops up, and I reflexively catch him. He takes off my hat and puts it on his own head, but it falls down so far I can only see his feet and tail from under it. "Squirrrrrrtllllle!" I can't help but laugh. I take the hat off him and place it back on my head.

"I'll see if I can get one that'll fit you. How'd you like that?"

"Squirt squirtle!" He sounded thrilled.

"So, what should I call you....Tidalwave?"

"Squirrrtllle sqirrrrrt squirrrt!" It sounded like it was laughing.

"Well, how about Riptide, then?"

"Squirtle!" He sounded definitely pleased.

"Ok, great, Riptide, let's go then! Thank you, Professor! I'll take great care of him." I just manage to remember to thank him before turning to leave.

"I'm sure you will."

As I exit the lab, I see other kids coming. They're probably getting their starters, too, I think.

Years
" Hmm... well I guess Professor did say this Bulbasaur was a girl... so I guess her new name will be... errmm aw what the heck! Her name is Rain! " I was so absorbed in my aloud thoughts I almost ran into a tree that I just managed to avoid. Letting out Rain and looking at the other trainers so far I thought I was the only one who got a Bulbasaur. Most went for Charmander and a few went for Squirtle.
" Hello Rain! " I said to my new friend. Letting her run beside me I set out for the shortly distant Town of Viridian.

Kenoi

Dragonair Trainer
Years
"I'm sorry Kenoi. No more Charmanders left. There was just too many trainers looking for them, I had to give out every single one."

I turn my head down disappointed. 'Why do I always have to stuff up when it comes to being on time?' I ask myself.

"But without a Pokemon I can't start my journey this year either..." I plead, desperately.

"The Dodrios have awoken on time and so should have you..." The Professor says, emotionally.

Professor Oak turns and starts walking away - to continue with his work. He shakes his head continuously while thinking. I observe his steps on the ground, with my dreams shattered.

Then he suddenly stops - as if remembering something - and looks at me again. I look up.

"We cannot let you waste another year... Come with me." The Professor quickly beckons me.

With a sudden notion the two of us enter the laboratory. I wave 'hi' to Professor Oak's aid, as we walk to one of the unidentified (for me) machines.

The Professor kneels and starts looking around at the back of the machine, items clinging. I wait, confused. Finally he rises with a PokeBall in his left hand.

I cheer. The Professor warns me with his right hand.

"I am not sure about this one," He says. "However we must get you going somehow..." He lets out a gentle smile, then his face turns serious again. "In normal circumstances I would have never given out this Pokemon to a young trainer. You must be really careful."

I nod.

"It behaves... unusual. Very unusual." Professor Oak continues. "We have been holding in here at the lab for a while, and it has failed all the tests we ran with him." He shakes his head. "This Pokemon is the only one that I can give you to try and catch your own. Try to make friends with him, and if it doesn't work out, bring him back to me. In which case you will have to wait another year."

I acknowledge these words, and swallow hard at the thought of another whole year!

"Come back here in the afternoon, or in a day or two, and we'll see how things went."

"Okay." I nod.

I turn and start leaving. Then I - suddenly remembering - turn back to thank the Professor.

"Don't forget your PokeBalls." He says, now sunken into his research.

I look at where he is pointing to see two minimized balls, one blue and one red on the desk. I walk up to them and contemplate if I'm supposed to take both. I wish not to disturb the Professor, again. 'He said PokeBall-s.' I think to myself. I decide to pocket both and head out of the laboratory.

Excited from the turbulent events of the morning I suddenly realise that I haven't asked what Pokemon did I recieve. 'What could it be?' I wonder as I step onto the green field outside.

Last edited:

mintybobo

>.< So... Hungry.....
Years
"Gah! I can't believe I slept in! Of all the stupid things to do!"

I ran around the house frantically getting my backpack packed with all the items to bring on my journey. "Okay let's see here flashlight, rope, socks, uh huh uh huh. Great! Time to go!" As I hastily get out of my home nearly forgetting to say goodbye to my Mom and Dad."Got to get to the lab quick!" When I finally got there I was nearly breathless.

"Oh there you are Robert, you're just in time to receive your pokemon."

"Okay... Uhhhhhh......"
I tilt my head in confusion because I wasn't able to make my mind up.

*Oh great now which pokemon should I choose?! I got it!*

"I'll take a Squirtle!"

"Good choice, now good luck on your journey Robert."
When i sent out Squirtle I tried to think of a name for him. I tried Turtle but that sounded a little uncreative, Wave which sounded like an odd name to give the little guy.

"Arrrrgghhh, you know what let's skip this naming stuff and just call you Squirtle okay?"
"Squirtle squirt!" It said with a smile on it's face.

Last edited:

Al Duit

Pokemon Friend
Years
I just remember something. On my way out of town, I stop by my house.

"Mom, dad! Come meet Riptide!" I call as I walk into the family room. My parents come out of the kitchen, my dad still drying a dish.

"Oh, he's adorable!" My mom says as she tickles Riptide under his chin. Riptide squirts her in the face.

"Riptide!" I exclaim with a laugh. I notice my dad hiding a laugh behind the towel he's drying with. "I can't believe you did that! Sorry mom...he's a little mischievious."

Mom wipes the water from her face with her apron. "That's OK, no harm done." She laughs a little. "You are a little squirt, aren't you." She says as she pets him on the top of his head.

"Sqirrrrtllllle." Riptide laughs.

"Anyway, I came back to get something for Riptide from my room." I hurry upstairs and go to my bed. I point to the cowboy doll I had since I was 3-years-old which was about the same size as Riptide. "Do you think you can wear Cowboy Billybob's hat?" I ask as I take it off the doll. I hand it to Riptide.

"Squirt! Squirt squirt squirtle squirt!" Riptide says as he grabs the hat and puts it on his head. There was a little strap under it, and I adjusted it so the hat wouldn't continuously fall off.

"Haha! You look great!" I say as I walk downstairs. My parents are waiting at the bottom of the stairs as I come down. My dad starts laughing so hard when he sees Riptide, he has tears in his eyes. My mom just rolls her eyes and says, "A matching set!"

"Bye mom, bye dad! We're off to find some more pokemon friends! Won't you like that, Riptide." I kiss my mom and hug my dad before leaving home....again.

mintybobo

>.< So... Hungry.....
Years
As I venture out of pallet town I decide to send out my Squirtle to get to know him a little bit.

"Come on let's race to Viridian City!"
As I start to run I hear a faint voice talking near our spot. I took a glance at my Squirtle and see that he hears the voice also. He starts to run off toward the voice. When I find him I see that he's interacting with another Squirtle and wonder who it belongs to.

OOC:Okay Bulbasaur.

[Technya]

Chick in riot gear!
Years
I walked a bit further down and saw it was a nice place to look around so I let Tristania out so she could wander about as I fixed several things from my backpack. As I searched around I saw Tristania suddenly take off and walk away. I dropped my sthings and ran after her. "Tris! No, Tristania come back." I followed her to a bush full of berries and she started eating from them. "Guess your hungry then. Well, enjoy. I'll go and get my things but stay there." "Char!" Replied the small lizard as it kept eating the berries.

I took my backpack and some of the things that had fallen out and went back to Tristania. She was still there eating away at the berries. I looked up and saw the kid with the Squirtle who had asked us what Pok?mon we had picked. I wasn't one to make small conversation or even talk to people who I didn't know but I said. "Hey, you picked a Squirtle, right?"

Al Duit

Pokemon Friend
Years
When I get outside of town, my arms start feeling sore. "Riptide, you're getting heavy!" I say as I gently put him down. "Do you want to walk with me or go back into your pokeball?" Riptide starts walking on. I shrug and go walk beside him.

"Squirt, squirt, squirrrtle," he sings happily.

I see two boys just ahead. They look vaguely familiar. There are two squirtles with them. I wave at them and smile as we approach, and I smile even wider as Riptide does the same.

Last edited:

Baker's Bulbasaur

Pokemon Bard
Years
OOC -

DUH DUH DUH!!

BULBASAUR HAS BEEN ATTACKED BY A WILD WEEDLE!

As He was talking to his new friend, a wild weedle in a seeminlyly bad mood has jumped out of a tree and i soaring towards him, stinger first!!!

BTW: I am going to be away until sunday, so if anyone wanted to catch something in viridian forest, then dont make too many posts.
see ya sunday!

Last edited:

Al Duit

Pokemon Friend
Years
I finally remember the names of the other two as I get closer. "Hey, Robert, Billy! Looks like we have the start of a squirtle brigade!" I laugh.

All of a sudden, I see a wild weedle attacking Billy! "Billy, watch out!"

mintybobo

>.< So... Hungry.....
Years
During that short skirmish with Billys Squirtle and the Wild weedle I was still trying to set my watch. By the time I was done with setting my watch I heard a loud "Ding" and saw Billy excitedly take a pokeball that was on the ground. I just assumed that he had just caught a pokemon.

"Did you see that? I caught my first pokemon!"

Yeah, I was pretty sure he just caught a pokemon.

OOC: I won't be on for most of the day tommorow, I'm going to a renaissance fair! Hooray! ~launches catapult~

Last edited:

Kenoi

Dragonair Trainer
Years
Kenoi released the Pokemon hiding inside the capture device. A boney head with a club appeared before him. Kenoi observed it from all angles surprised.

"A Cubone?" He asked aloud.

The Pokemon sat as if tired with its head looking down on the ground, not moving an inch.

'What's wrong with it?' Kenoi asked himself. 'It is as though it is exhausted. But it's been resting in that PokeBall for who knows how long...' Kenoi scratched the back of his head.

"Hi there little fella." He approached the Cubone cautiously.

Not getting an answer, he tried again.

"What's wrong? Are you hurt?"

Kenoi kneeled down next to the almost motionless Cubone and tried to pick him up. The Cubone looked at him with a hostile expression suddenly, and jumped to whack him on his shin with the boneclub it held. It took Kenoi by complete surprise and with the speed that the Cubone attacked him, no-one could evade such a stike - he thought. Kenoi started jumping up and down holding his leg in pain.

"Ooouuch!" He exclaimed.

The Cubone puffed its chest proudly and started walking away in the opposite direction.

Kenoi suddenly realised that no-one was here to witness this happening. 'Where have all the other trainers gone to?' He called the protesting Cubone back into his PokeBall.

"You and I will have to talk later." He told his Pokemon. "I don't like your attitude."

Kenoi looked around and could spot no trainers around in the distance.
He ran into Professor Oak's lab once again. This time Professor Oak could not be found, and so he turned to the Professor's aid.

"Hi. Do you know where all the other trainers had gone to?"

"I believe most of them had headed towards the Viridian Forest." The aid replied with a smile.

"Viridian Forest? Of course!" Kenoi exclaims. He starts to thank the aid for his help when he remembers.

"I didn't say goodbye to mom..." He says. "I don't have enough time to go home now... Would you be so king to hand her over this message?"

"Sure." The aid replies pleasantly.

Kenoi dictates a heartfelt leaving message, explaining as much as he can in the short time he has and saying goodbye to his mother.

"Thank You. I have to go now..."

"Bye!" The aid waves.

"Bye!" And Kenoi starts dashing again on the path, towards the direction of Viridian Forest.

Al Duit

Pokemon Friend
Years
OOC: Um, I believe that's powerplaying. Baker's Bulbasaur is supposed to be the wild pokemon, and you just captured it without letting it react to the first attack! I also thought Baker's Bulbasaur was supposed to determine if the pokemon is caught!

Oh, wow! A Renaissance fair! Sounds like fun!

Al Duit

Pokemon Friend
Years
Bulbasaur said:
"Yay! I got a Weedle!" Billy exclaimed as I picked up the pokeball placing it on my belt along with Squirtle after she was returned to her pokeball too, taking a look at Robert's watch to set mine to the same time which was a little after eight. Robert decided to go on ahead as I followed, asking. "So how far are we from Viridian Forest?"

OOC: Yes, the first post you did as you just said, but then you did what I quote above. ::shrug:: yes, let's see what Baker's Bulbasaur says.

BTW, I do agree that fainted pokemon should be able to be caught. I never understood why a pokemon would just disappear when they faint... the only thing I can think of is that the pokeball can't catch something that's just laying on the ground...but that's pushing it. ::shrug::

This is my last post until Baker comes back.

Kenoi

Dragonair Trainer
Years
OOC: Guys, I'd just like to say I'm sorry about my long posts. I needed to introduce my character somehow... and I like to write ^_^ . Sorry. I promise I'll try to write shorter replies from now on. I'd like to catch up with the group somehow... though my character is a bit late. That's why I made him run. We'll see how long it takes him. ;)

Al Duit

Pokemon Friend
Years
OOC: Hey, Kenoi, you're not the only one w/ long posts :P Introducing your character calls for long posts. When it comes down to interplay between characters though, it might be good to cut back a little (without sacrificing RP). You're doing great. ::cheers::

BTW, now this is my last post 'til Baker's Bulbasaur comes back. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back