• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Music question?

Grey Metagross

B/W e4 music for the win.
Years
I've been trying to get a track of BGM to work for a while now, but it keeps pausing before looping. Does anyone know what's going on? The music is in a .ogg format.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
You'll have to somehow 'edit' the .ogg or .mid/.midi to loop how you want it in an audio editor, I think.

Rayquaza.

Lead Dev in Pokémon Order and Chaos
Years
I've been attempting this for ages, but what you need to is load the sound into an audio editor and completely get rid of the pauses at the start, this may not be obvious at first because they are very very small pauses but will make a difference once they're gone.
Next you need to find a point in the track where it seems faesable to loop - an access point, if you like - and slit it down to the very nearest point. To be honest it's all prescision work.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
I've been attempting this for ages, but what you need to is load the sound into an audio editor and completely get rid of the pauses at the start, this may not be obvious at first because they are very very small pauses but will make a difference once they're gone.

RMXP hangs for just a little when loading MP3s and OGGs, much like it does with GIFs. Eliminating the pause at the beginning of the music will make no difference, as the script will still hang a little. I've been looking for a workaround to that (not very thoroughly though).

Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
Yeah, while on the other hand my game hangs for several seconds whenever non-midi audio is used (with decreasing duration the more times the script is accessed in a single game initialisation). I'm thinking this might be due to an old model of Essentials. I should probably upgrade and see if that solves the problem.

Back