• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Watch out for Ghosts! (Everything must be Pokemon Related)

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023

Ohhh, so Y has both Clauncher and Yveltal? I'm getting Y for sure! Is Swirlix a version exclusive?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023

Swirlix is the cotton candy one, I think! If not then that's the one I meant XD

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023

Swirlix is X exclusive. Which is why I mentioned it when I randomly picked 'X' as the game I was going to get. The pink bird is the Y exclusive if I remember correctly.

Lycanroc

under the sun
Years

I was originally going to get Y, but when I went to GameStop to pre-order it I randomly picked X instead. Anyway, I'm glad Swirlix is X exclusive, because I am NOT Spritzee's (The pink bird that nobody seems to not know the name of, and I don't know why.) biggest fan.

darkpokeball

Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o
Years
7. I'm pretty much set on Y at this point. Imo,
Skrelp > Clauncher
Spritzee > Swirlix
Xerneas = Yvetal

So far, Y has the advantage and we have like...a month until the games come out.

Shrew

is a Shrew
Years

The only version exclusives which are a big deal to me are Xerneas and Yveltal, and hence I'm choosing X. Even then, I'm probably not going to use Xerneas.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023

I don't use the legendaries either, but I do love the look of Yveltal. There's something so epic and threatening about it - it seems almost like a "massive bird of death" paha. What could be cooler? Literally nothing.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023

I like both Legendaries and I normally don't choose my game by said legendary but by the exclusives (which I why I was glad when I found out Swirlix was on X). Though amny a times I do end up liking the Pokemon on the boxart it's not always the case. Got Pearl but I always liked Dialga more for instance.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023

I do usually end up liking the box art Pokémon but this wasn't the case for Unova. RBY, GSC and Hoenn all had great box arts and I loved the Pokémon that they chose, Sinnoh was slightly worse since I'm not a fan of the giant dragon legendaries but it was bearable, but Unova's duo were just completely ugly haha. I'm really glad they went for something more original than the giant ferocious dragon route this time, it's refreshing to see.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023

^ Totally in agreement there. I liked the Dragons for Unova (just note that I 'like' about 80-90% of the Pokemon world hahaha) but seeing a Stag and a Bird is just so much refreshing than seeing Dragons for the third generation in a row (not including Rayquaza who was Emerald's boxart).

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years

The exclusive legendary Pokémon is usually one of the biggest factors when I'm choosing a game. That's why I'm with X currently. Xerneas is cooler than Yveltal imo. Most of he exclusives of X are actually my preferences anyways. I'm not quite sure which Mega Mewtwo is better, since I'm not fond of either...

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023

Do you actually tend to use the box art legendaries or do you just like their appearances? I can't imagine using one, they feel so unfitting on a team haha.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023

I don't intend to use them. The only box art legendary I have used is Suicune in Crystal version. But that was a loong time ago.

Wobbu

Years

I don't use them because they're way too powerful. It's almost like cheating :P
It's just that I prefer to own whatever one I like more unless both legendaries will be available in both games, then it comes down to the other exclusive Pokémon.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023

I don't intend to use them. The only box art legendary I have used is Suicune in Crystal version. But that was a loong time ago.
Strangely enough that's the same for me haha, Suicune never seemed that powerful so I was fine with letting it on my team. It was pretty boring to use though eek.

I don't use them because they're way too powerful. It's almost like cheating :P
It's just that I prefer to own whatever one I like more unless both legendaries will be available in both games, then it comes down to the other exclusive Pokémon.
Mm that's how I do it too. Or rather, which I'd prefer to encounter and which seems like a cooler focus for the game. It's like catching the final boss in an RPG game and adding them to your team, it's just a really weird prospect to actually use one haha.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023

I was like ten or twelve or something when I used Suicune so I didn't really care I just liked using it haha.

Catching a final boss in an rpg would be hilarious ngl.

Also there are a lot of water Pokemon on this page. There's only one Ninetales, one Evil!Ash, and one Sandshrew in comparison hahah.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023

Probably has something to do with there being so damn many of them haha. Water-types are stupidly common, there are bound to be a few that catch on well!

Wobbu

Years

Looks like AlexOzzyCake and I broke the Water theme... Water is actually my favorite type. Most of my favorite Pokémon are Water types, like Wailord, Mantine, and Octillery.

Back