• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Digital Network Upgrade

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 15, 2008
This game sounds awesome! On a side note.... I love Digimon Tamers ;)

*assuming that's what the game is modled after*

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
Hey everyone. Update for you all.
Good news, I'm starting to work on the storyline events.
The city you start in will be Lablium City, which is in the Shikoku Region. Then soon you'll be sent off to Kanto.
I won't write a big long post, i'll just show the screenshots :)

All are taken from Lablium City.
labliumcity22ha.png

labliumcity14zd.png

Illusion

RMXP game maker
Years
  • Seen Oct 17, 2011
This game is looking fabulous until now^^ bu the only thing I don't like about the custom grass is that it looks too regular(it's always the same)... but apart from that the game is great ;) continue like that^^
Illusion

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
Years
I gotta say Neo, I love the way this uses Pokemon in a sorta non-fangame way. The battle system looks cool, one of the best I've seen. Good job.

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
Thank you all for the great comments.
My social life is really busy at the moment, so alot of possible game developing time has been not spent so well....
But I've decided to do something a bit different.
Here is what it is....

Ok, so in May, there is a gaming show called E3 held in LA. It is at events like this for example that the net gen consoles were reveled.... and alot of info and really hot games will be coming out....
So I have decided that in May, I will do the same as the rest of the professional game developers....
I will release all new info on Pokemon Digital Network Upgrade.....!!!

I have a complete new feature which will..... change the gaming experience as it opens up so many gameplay possibilities.... All that are implmented into the game will be shown on that big update in May.....
Trust me, this feature will be really good, and something you havn't seen in any pokemon fan game yet.....

I will also release info on the demo and all details about the demo.... That will be everything that will be playable in the demo.....

Keep an eye out for it....

But heres another screenshot to keep you entertained....
Showing off the day/night time cycle..... taken at 6 AM game time....

labliumcity36am8jv.png

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
It was nice reading about another update.

Can't wait for May. This'll make a nice birthday present. XD

dude256

Pixel Artist/Programmer
Years
Dang this project looks quite cool. Neo-dragon, you're doing awesomely. I never expected an RMK project to go this far, way to go!

E3...hehe neat idea, can't wait to see what you've got instore for all of us.

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
Hey everyone. It is now time to show off my latest update for Digital Network Upgrade.

As I promised, a new feature would be added to the on going system list for the game. This feature opens up a whole new feel to the game and so many things can be done with it....
I called it the Pixel detection system.....

Here are some examples of it in action.
It is implamented into the battle sytem for digitsing pokemon.
pixeldectionfeaturecannon01yq.png

When the enemy's HP is low enough, select the Cannon option.
pixeldectionfeaturecannon15ol.png

The Pixel Detection cursor will appear, and you will be able to free move it with arrow keys.
It does not have a set path, it moves in pixels, so it has complete freedom....
pixeldectionfeaturecannon29fm.png

When it reachs over the pokemon, the enemy will become highlighted.....
pixeldectionfeaturecannon30pm.png

You can now press the Enter key and make your option.

Another area were the feature is implamented is when your walking around.
At anypoint in the game, press the "3" number key to bring up the Pixel Detector.
pixeldectionfeaturemap12ku.png

Again, you have complete freedom of controlling it.....
Now, for example.....
pixeldectionfeaturemaponpokece.png

If you place it over a building or key objects, if information is accessable, it will let you know..... you can then press Enter to view Info...
pixeldectionfeaturepokecenteri.png

Like so.....

This is not just for pokecenters, but, as I said, for key characters, buildings, or objects....

Ok, thats the feature out of the way, now, you will be pleased to see that the game's storyline events is under progress....
Here are 3 intro event screenshots...
introscreenshot1profoak9st.png

introscreenshot1onboat9qa.png

introscreenshot1offboat0ll.png

The first is the traditional Oak speech....
The second is straight after the Oak speech, is a scene when your on your way to the Shikoku Region.
And the third is when your off the boat and greeted by a P.D.U member (or "Pokemon Digitise-action Unit" member for its full title).

The progression of the stroyline helps put the demo window in sight.
The demo is expected for a late June, or early July release.....
More info o nthe demo will be reveled at a later time, but for now, I'd love to read your comments on the feaure/progression so far....

Years
Wow. Those are some good screenshots. There is just one thing that bothers me though. In the last screenshot, it looks like the front cliff and the rear cliff connect.

Years
  • Seen Apr 29, 2007
your game is awesome!Are you really do it in rpg maker 2003?
keep it ! really the best pokemon game I ever seen.
thx , Matt.

zidanes

Greatest Of All Time
Years
  • Seen Jun 17, 2007
The game looks great. Just keep doing your best and make this game for all the RM2K3 game makers out there!

Back