• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How do sound clips in posts sound?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Is there a limit on the file size of the sounds?

It seems awesome. :D

Lover's Kite

[b]the age of empathy[/b]
Years
I tested it out and it only plays the first 15 seconds or so and stops. Is there a limit on how long the file can be, or is it just buffering?

Lover's Kite

[b]the age of empathy[/b]
Years
I'd say it's the buffering. It might stop at some points (and need to be replayed). I call them sound clip buttons for a reason? :D (I don't know the full extent of the code myself, sadly.)

I found out why, it's buffering. Because I tried it again it went up to 2 minutes and stopped, so yeah; huge mp3 files are not recommended. :x (mine is 4.57 MB)

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
Years
The addition seems slightly useless but there isn't any problem with it being there I suppose. I'm glad they can't be auto-played.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I just noticed that it seems to use up the necessary 24 characters for posts, therefore a potential way to bypass the 24 character rule... is there any way you can fix that?

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
Years
That is awesome :3 Then again, I love music, just as long as it sounds good XD

Good work, PC Staff :3

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
This is cool. :3

But just to make sure, when you say it can use any file, that means your able to put in video files from YouTube or photobucket, right?

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
Years
  • Seen Mar 6, 2014
Wow what a cool addition. I noticed it when I seen it Danja's signature. So that is what is it, cool. But I got a question as well. If we do use it will it count as a line of text or a banner in our signature?

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
Only left channel audio is coming in.
Is it just this specific clip or are they all like that?

I'm asking since I can't try it myself because I don't have any sound URLs.

Melody

Banned
Years
Well, I just uploaded a clip for my signature. it plays fine on both channels. So it's not the player. :D

Anyways this is a neat little function. Maybe you could make it so we could set a song on our profile as well :D

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
Holy crud, someone's paying attention to the audio channels. o-o

The DSi menu only plays audio in the left audio channel, I assume. (That, or it's my computer.)
As a headphone user, I find it hard not to.

Mm, Zanzie's signature has just answered my initial question. :O

.Seth

.explorer.
Years
A very nice addition, Haraken. This might come in handy for some hacking-related purposes....

Is the [sound] BB Code allowed in profiles?
I know several people that could make great use of it if it's enabled in profiles.

Back