• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: In which we welcome back Shining Raichu from his extended vacation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
Egh I never bother "cleaning" mine. I'm not too bothered by inactivity or being selective. Besides, a few friends I've made on here who aren't active anymore, I still consider good friends, so it's nice to keep them.
If someone's bugging you then we do have a report button and an ignore list in place. I am pretty sure the ignore list even disallows the people on it from VMing and PMing you, and if not, then it's a good feature to bring up to staff to add.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I already added them to my ignore list, but I hadn't thought of reporting them, back then. Besides, it wouldn't have happened if I would have paid more attention to what was going on and been more blunt toward them. So it isn't really worth reporting.

I've never removed people from my friends list aside from when I deleted everyone some months back. I only did it so the staff will be able to contact me, but not random PC users. Or friends. I:

I wasn't very picky, though. I had someone on my friends list who seriously sent me one VM and never spoke to me again.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
Hmm but I mean if the feature's not put in place already, it's a good thing that Audy could maybe add for the future. I think it's in for PMs but not VMs and I think it'd be useful, so I've brought it up in suggestions.
Shame that had to happen though.
Guess there is always the good with the bad in some cases, but good to move on and find a system that works for you :3!

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
That does seem like a good idea. Wouldn't be of use to me, but it would be helpful to a lot of other users. {:
I hadn't even realized that people on your ignore list can still VM you.

I don't know much about ignore lists here in general. I wonder if an option will ever be added that you can hide your posts (not just blogs) from people on your ignore list. I doubt many people would use it, though- it would be kind of obvious.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
What would be the point in hiding them? If you're wanting to use your posts to slag people off...don't. Use PMs or something.

Also, completely off the topic you guys are talking about, but is it generally considered to be ok to use images off a random person's Tumblr (found through Google) for your signature? I was thinking of using one of these gifs, but wanted to know whether it would be considered bad taste or whatever, as I'm not going to set up a tumblr in order to ask somebody whether or not I can use their image on a pokémon forum :P

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
Haha, if I could remember how, I'd do that thing where when you hover over the text / image text comes up. Anyone know how to do that?

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I think you misunderstood me- that isn't what I meant. I was thinking more of a scenario in which a user is being harassed, etc. by another user- and they wouldn't want their posts to be seen by the other person. Does that make more sense?
(Just to be clear, the last sentence isn't sarcasm. It seems to me like it could be taken that way.)

Isn't that CSS that you're referring to?
I remember trying to learn it a while ago. I had no clue what I was doing and stopped trying. X}

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
Years
PC's timezone is confusing. 11:07pm is the last post :x but it's 9:08 for me. Does that mean an hour or two has passed, or was that one minute ago? Ugh.

Regardless, joined the iPhone family today with a 0$-down 2y plan (six month extension on the old plan). Wee~

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I've decided it would be best to re-learn HTML before I bother with CSS. I remember being able to do simple stuff by memory, but I actually had to ask my younger (computer genius) cousin for help once. X} We're less than a year apart in age, at least.

@Insomniac
Yeah, we haven't had a chance to talk much since I disabled messaging.
How is Monty? Still grouchy? x;

Edit:
Over here it says that Nathan's post was at 9:03 and it's 9:13 now. ?_?
Also, spellcheck says "Nathan's" is not a word haha. Either getting only a few hours of sleep is catching up with me, or spellcheck is just being weird.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
It was a minute ago Bell.
And I think I'll stick with my current smartphone for a good while.
Edit : It depends on what you want to do with it Jess. If you want to code, learn HTML before.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
In all honesty, I'm just learning HTML (and, later, CSS) because it's something to do. I potentially will never actually use it. x; But I have too much free time and I might as well get something out of it.
I should get a life. But nope, I learn things that are of no use to me, instead.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 3, 2013
Eh, coding.
I have to be in the mood for it.

@Jess:
Rejected!
Why do you keep toying with my emotions Jess?!? Don't you love me anymore?!
I can't take this pain! I must end this misery!
:3

I had a few suspicions about that, but you had said that it was helping before, so I kept on.
I'm sorry. :t
I'm glad that it's not a problem anymore though.

That gif you Vm'ed me by the way, beautiful.

droomph

weeb
Years
Waitwait no I'm not learning the new HTML. In fact I have no idea what I'm talking about.

This is the kind I'm learning and I have no idea if it's any different from the old or new

Spoiler:

I am too lazy to type anything else like lists or colors or titles or heads sorry

what exactly is the new html different from the older ones?
I think you don't have to type out the w3 website anymore to make everything easier on designers.

ALSO video and audio support without using like <embed aohfliuawhegliuajweio>. Though there's like a huge copyright issue, as all the good compression formats are owned by Apple, Microsoft, and Mozilla or something crappy like that.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
@Paladin
dramatic much? ;D
I'm not sure whether to play along or what. haha.

Am I misunderstanding, or are you saying that you had just been playing along to try to help me? I can't tell.
Also, don't apologize. D: Remember what I told you when you were 'leaving'.

Haha glad you liked it.
Speaking of like. I didn't intend to like your post. I: I'm using my laptop and the lack of mouse is messing me up.

@Insomniac
bgtihndgjnio he's so cute. X}
If I remember correctly, he used to get ticked off when you tried to handle him. Does he still do that?
I'm glad my agama tolerates me haha. He's pretty calm, but he gets aggressive if I annoy him. It's pretty adorable when he tries to attack me with his (very spiky) tail, though.

I'm learning the same kind, by the way.

Years
  • Seen Dec 3, 2013
@Jess:
Spoiler:

I thought you hated people acting like that!? Which is kinda why I was teasing you. . .

No, no, no, no, no.
I was being quite sincere! Unless I'm manipulating somebody I say what I think, and as I've already said before, I never have used machiavellianistic ways when talking to you. It was thanks to you that I stopped. In other words, I don't "play along".
(Wow, I really hope I'm being clear/not sending the wrong message.)

Oh yeah, that does remind me, you said before that you feel like you should be apologizing to me. . . Dumbass. :T If you hadn't told me some of the things you did, I wouldn't have told you some of the things I did. Being able to talk to somebody honestly, and about things which I hadn't with anybody helped me immensely. It was Buddha that said that nobody can heal you but yourself, well, you reminded me why I should.
I really did think that I was going to leave permanently, but I have my reasons for returning.

So you don't like me? D;

@Insomniac:
Monty is freakin' cute.

Am I the only one that seriously hates Css?
C++, fine! Html, sure! Css, guh!

Long post is long. :I

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back