• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Patching & Emulation

Raitenau

Story Writter
Years
If need be as far as my knowledge goes you need to recolour it to the correct palette, there are some really useful tuts on here, try the ones with screenshots so you can see clearly what they're doing

So i need to recoloring every tile before insertion? Wow...

faospark

web Developer
Years
Okay, here what McAfee says about it: In our tests this download contained programs some people would consider adware, spyware or other potentially unwanted programs

Some help?
after using desmume for a really long time, it is quite interesting That McAfee says such. I will vouch for Kaspersky, Malwarebytes and Eset which are far superior than mcafee. those three does antivirus/malware/Internet Security tools does not detect any problem/worm/virus on desmume

Years
  • Seen Oct 15, 2011
ROM has become corrupted?

Hello everybody!
I've recently been working on a ROM hack. I've changed a variety of sprites, added some new maps, edited some old maps, and changed some speech. The ROM works fine with Elite Map and Advance Editor.
However, when I try to open up the ROM with VisualBoyAdvance, all I get is a white screen and "Loaded Battery".
I've tried changing the save type to "Automatic" and "Flash 128k". I've also put "No Drugs Intro" "GBPlayer Intro" and "Edited in EliteMap" patches onto the ROM using LIPS.
But the problem still persists.
Could anybody help me out please?
Your attention is appreciated.

Years
  • Seen Jul 21, 2013
Good site for clean roms?

I'm trying to dl Pokemon ruby (u) and coolrom is down, what's a good site to get roms?

AlfaTyrogue

Swag.
Years
I can't find an IPS patcher for mac and the other method with putting the two in the same folder doesn't work.
Am I doing something wrong? Or is it just impossible to use on a mac altogether?

Years
  • Seen Apr 30, 2013
Is there a way to rip sprites from DS games the way we could in the GBA games?

I want to rip sprites from MSD2 but all I can find are sheets, and I need individual sprites (and cutting them all to sprites is a lot of work for that many pokemon).

I know the printscreen method, but that takes hours -_-

Bilaterus

ToBe Best Spriter ;)
Years
  • Seen Nov 6, 2012
Hey hackers I was wondering if someone could show me a link to a tutorial of some sort which shows how to change Oak and the background bit. I mean the part at the beginning where he's making an epic speech but can't tell whether your'e a boy or girl :s

Thanks in advance :D

Years
I'm trying to dl Pokemon ruby (u) and coolrom is down, what's a good site to get roms?

First page, Rules. Can't request for ROM links.

I don't actually know where to go to ask this question so if I'm in the wrong place, Could you point me in the right direction? kthnx.

Can someone either PM me or reply here a list of fanfare/jingle/playsound commands for Pokemon Ruby?

I have been looking for a list for over 2-3 weeks now and getting very impatient =[

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 22, 2014
Remove your old ROM and replace with the new ROM. Make sure the .sav file is in the same folder as the ROM
If that doesn't work, then I have no clue.

Thanks! But, I gave up on playing Pokemon HG/SS with a ROM...
It just has too many problems... Can't even make it to the first Gym Leader. -.-

Years
idk if already done this question i want to migrate from a firered rom to a diamond rom patched with pokepatch using ezflash 3 in 1 but the diamond rom doesnt recognices the gba rom it has to be an original game for the migration to work?

Years
Thanks! But, I gave up on playing Pokemon HG/SS with a ROM...
It just has too many problems... Can't even make it to the first Gym Leader. -.-

The game has random piracy checks throughout the entire game so you can do what I did and constantly save after every 5 minutes or you can patch the game if your using No$GBA. The patch doesn't work if you use DesMuMe which is what I was using.

Years
Can someone show me a list of fanfare/jingle/playsound commands for Pokemon Ruby?

I have been looking for a list for over 2-3 weeks now and getting very impatient =[

OMGWURMPLES!

För Sverige i tiden
Years
  • Seen Jun 15, 2012
Overworld Editor

I've been trying to insert a sprite using the Overworld Editor.
Whenever I try to import my bitmap, it gives me a "Runtime error 6; overflow" error message and then proceeds to close.
I'm using this tutorial.
Any help?

Nevermind fixed that.
Another thing.
I can't find the sprite data in my rom at all. I've tried different roms, but I can never find the lines of data that you need to change the overworlds.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 5, 2013
first i appoligize if this is not the correct spot...please forgive me for my stupid question :/

ive been searching google alllll day and ive found tons of info and videos on youtube but im unsure if anything is legit and for sure. my question is

1.a ds emulator for the psp go? ive seen videos and info online but sure if its real...

2. what all pokemon rom games are playable on the psp go?

thanks for the help.

Years
  • Seen Sep 22, 2016
my eyes hurt

what options to tweak in order to have better graphics with the emulator when you make the screen bigger because at fierst its very small

Back