• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Proposal: A few articles on staples of PC [DCC, TCTI, etc.]

Years
My original idea was something to commemorate the upcoming 16th Anniversary (Sept 10th) of the DCC (on this version of PC, that is). I created a spreadsheet a while back tracking ALL of the DCCs out of Off-Topic that I could locate.

It could feature a brief history of the DCC, fun facts about the Daily Chit-Chat as a whole (Like out of all 60+ DCCs, only 1 was hard deleted), and maybe include questions answered by top posters of past DCCs/PC veterans in general?

As far as the TCTI stuff goes, I have a similar spreadsheet tracking all 10 TCTI threads. This could also include questions answered by top posters of past TCTI threads as well as PC veterans in general.

I realize this is a rather focused set of articles, but the idea is to appeal to nostalgia of PC Veterans. Maybe,.,., that IS too narrow?

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
I am, obviously, one of the top choices to write about TCTI and its immense silliness :P
I can certainly craft a heartfelt narrative of what that thread meant to a group of crazy people (and a bunch of us still have a private discord server anyway)

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
Years
As I said in Discord to you, Erik, I'm fine with it; I have little interest in writing about it myself though so that's on you (and maybe Went :V). Don't expect it to view that well either; people aren't going to arrive at the article via google searches most likely.

+1

Last edited:

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
I don't mind it at all; I'm not too knowledgeable about the DDCs and such, but I think it would be cool to see! And yeah I think it's more for the ones who are actively part of that but meh~

Years
+1 for me as well. as a contributor to the current TCTI progress and DCCs of the past several years, feel free to ask me of any fun moments. :>

Aldo

Survivalist
Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
+1. It would be a fun article to reminisce

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
I think it would be cute to have an article about something that is so inherent to PC. Its target audience would be small, but I feel it would be very fun for them. +1 approval from me.

Back