• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon ________ Version

What should i name this hack?

• Total voters

+Sneasel™

It's a meeee, itman!
Years
I've been planning on making a hack for a while now, but i don't really have a team to help me with.

Here is my idea:

You are a 9 year old kid living in the ____ region. In this region, you have to wait until you are ten for you to get a pokemon from prof. _____. One day, prof. ________ calls you and asks you for a favor. You go inside his lab and asks if you could give a package to his aid in route 1 (very beginning of Route 1, so you don't need a pokemon, the aid will block the entrance to route 1). After you give it to the aid, prof. _____ calls you and says to come down quick. You go in the lab and there is a hole in the wall and all of the prof.'s pokemon are gone. He runs through the hole and tells you to wait. Of coarse, you don't wait and run after him, and you see prof. _____ on the ground with a bloody face. Then you see 3 pokemon, a scyther, a sneasel, and a haunter. They all have armfulls of pokeballs and have hats on with the letter "R" on it. They quickly run away, but drop a pokeball. You pick it up and go back and help the prof. and then he tells you what is going on...

The rest is going to be said in the game. What i need is a team.
I can Map great and script decent (thanks to ~*pikafan*~ and swampert 22)

If anyone else can help PM me.

Edit
Teh Blaziken made me a banner (for when i get my hack posted)
But, here it is anyway, i think its good.

The game is now called Pokemon NeoRocket Thieves

Last edited:

Twinx

s o m e t h i n g M O R E
Years
They all have armfulls of pokeballs and have hats on with the letter "R" on it.
lol I like this idea and I'm interested in seeing how it would get implemented in-game :)

The story sounds good and original (so far).

To be honest, since you have experience in mapping and scripting, I don't see why you would need a team.
I think you should start working on your hack and later think of the less-important things like graphics and such.

Anyway, best of luck!

+Sneasel™

It's a meeee, itman!
Years
You've got a point there...I'll work on graphics and such later, and worry about implementing that into the game now.

I have ideas (I've planned this for a long time now) on how to make it work.

Twinx

s o m e t h i n g M O R E
Years
hey you can still post your progress here, since this is a scrapbox.
Once people realize you're serious about your hack, I'm positive some talented spriters/hackers... will volunteer to help you out with your hack.

+Sneasel™

It's a meeee, itman!
Years
Just finished mapping the first town, and made a new mom script.

Here is the town:
aa.jpg

As for the mom script, i can't exactly show you, but, it's done :)
Now, i'm currently working on the whole event on getting a starter.

I also need help thinking of a name.
A quick plot of the story would be that Team Rocket is stealing pokemon (remember, quick. It's a lot more in-depth than that, but that's the main idea)

I just can't think of a name...

Oh yeah! I'm not changing the pallete yet.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
Looks like a promising hack.

Looks like a promising hack. The maps aren't that bad, but they do need a bit of work.

+Sneasel™

It's a meeee, itman!
Years
Looks like a promising hack. The maps aren't that bad, but they do need a bit of work.

What do i need to make it better?
That's just the starting town anyway, it doesn't have to be magnificiant.
The chansey in teh fence has to be there, but i'm not telling why.

kebbles

Rom Hacker.
Years
You are a 9 year old kid living in the FLORAH region. In this region, you have to wait until you are ten for you to get a pokemon from prof. LARCH. One day, prof. LARCH calls you and asks you for a favor. You go inside his lab and asks if you could give a package to his aid in route 1 (very beginning of Route 1, so you don't need a pokemon, the aid will block the entrance to route 1). After you give it to the aid, prof. LARCH calls you and says to come down quick. You go in the lab and there is a hole in the wall and all of the prof.'s pokemon are gone. He runs through the hole and tells you to wait. Of coarse, you don't wait and run after him, and you see prof. LARCH on the ground with a bloody face. Then you see 3 pokemon, a scyther, a sneasel, and a haunter. They all have armfulls of pokeballs and have hats on with the letter "R" on it. They quickly run away, but drop a pokeball. You pick it up and go back and help the prof. and then he tells you what is going on...

Any good?
Also I kept the tradition of calling the Prof a tree name XD

Years
Just finished mapping the first town, and made a new mom script.

Here is the town:
aa.jpg

As for the mom script, i can't exactly show you, but, it's done :)
Now, i'm currently working on the whole event on getting a starter.

I also need help thinking of a name.
A quick plot of the story would be that Team Rocket is stealing pokemon (remember, quick. It's a lot more in-depth than that, but that's the main idea)

I just can't think of a name...

Oh yeah! I'm not changing the pallete yet.

A Name for the Town: How about Silverwind Town or something like that?
Secondly, Well done on the Town, looks great as the First one.
Thirdly, Where's Your House and whose is the Other House?
Region Name: Pilah (Don't ask me why)
And a Suggestion for the Version Name. How about Pokémon Platinum Version.
Prof.'s Name: Balsa*

*Mainly because you have Prof. Oak from Kanto, and Birch from Sinnoh, Don't know who the Prof. from Hoenn is, and Elm from Johto. Those are all types of Wood notably.

Last edited:

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
Prof.'s Name: Birch*

*Mainly because you have Prof. Oak from Kanto, and Birch from Sinnoh, Don't know who the Prof. from Hoenn is, and Elm from Johto. Those are all types of Wood notably.

THe professor from Hoenn is Professor Birch.

Years
A little tip for the first town!
You need to fill it a little and maybe make the trees fo a little that it isnt so blocky,
but about the filling there are some big empty spots that you could fill with mountains or something..or water just as you want it but you really need to fill it up...

But overal the preparation and the rest look very good!
Keep it up an BOL!;)

Years
Prof.'s Name: Balsa*

*Mainly because you have Prof. Oak from Kanto, and Birch from Hoenn, Prof. Rowan from Sinnoh, and Elm from Johto. Those are all types of Wood notably.

Others have already pointed out your errors, but I will too. That, and I am already using the name Silverwind.

I would suggest that you redo that map. It is huge, and barren. Those two things do not go well together. That, and it still looks like Palette Town. Why not call your starting town AzureGale Town? Maybe you could also call the professor Professor Spruce?

+Sneasel™

It's a meeee, itman!
Years
Thanks for the coments guys.
I will fix up the map and post a new version.
What i will do according to previous posts:

Fill in huge gaps
Make it less baron
Make it look less like pallet town

Also, I'm not scripting too much right now (math mid-term tomorrow)
But, after that i will, and over the weekend, i will be writing scripts and planning events.

Don't know when i will be able to change the map, but it will get done.

My friend kebbles is going to map route 1 for me, which i will post to you guys when he is done.

And, here are my favorite names:
Town: AzureGale
Region: Florah
Prof. Name: (megiddo picked this name for me, and i liked it) Blazer (i thought it was cool)

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
Thanks for the coments guys.
I will fix up the map and post a new version.
What i will do according to previous posts:

Fill in huge gaps
Make it less baron
Make it look less like pallet town

Also, I'm not scripting too much right now (math mid-term tomorrow)
But, after that i will, and over the weekend, i will be writing scripts and planning events.

Don't know when i will be able to change the map, but it will get done.

My friend kebbles is going to map route 1 for me, which i will post to you guys when he is done.

And, here are my favorite names:
Town: AzureGale
Region: Florah
Prof. Name: (megiddo picked this name for me, and i liked it) Blazer (i thought it was cool)

Nice job with your choices! Anyway, I remember when I made Route 1 a maze. I made it and it took me 4 minutes to get out of it. I knew it perfectly, but it was tough! (I also added a new trainer there)

TB Pro

Old-timer
Years
Looks Good Itman1234!
So heres the story right?

You are a 9 year old kid living in the Florah region. In this region, you have to wait until you are ten for you to get a pokemon from prof. Blazer. One day, prof. Blazer calls you and asks you for a favor. You go inside his lab and asks if you could give a package to his aid in route 1 (very beginning of Route 1, so you don't need a pokemon, the aid will block the entrance to route 1). After you give it to the aid, prof. Blazer calls you and says to come down quick. You go in the lab and there is a hole in the wall and all of the prof.'s pokemon are gone. He runs through the hole and tells you to wait. Of coarse, you don't wait and run after him, and you see prof. Blazer on the ground with a bloody face. Then you see 3 pokemon, a scyther, a sneasel, and a haunter. They all have armfulls of pokeballs and have hats on with the letter "R" on it. They quickly run away, but drop a pokeball. You pick it up and go back and help the prof. and then he tells you what is going on...

Cool!
So the name could be:

Rocket Domination
Rocket's Transformation
Dark Days
Night Realm

Well,
BOL!

+Sneasel™

It's a meeee, itman!
Years
Need someone who can insert D/P pokemon CORRECTLY!!!
Don't ask to do it unless you know how and can do it correctly with no mistakes.
I know how, but can't do it right...

Any pokemon you want inserted, just say it!

TB Pro

Old-timer
Years
Well I wish I could do that,
But that'll be the next thing I'll learn how to do.
Anyway,
Sorry for the bad names but I just couldn't think of a good one.
The Hack looks G-R-E-A-T!
And the Haunter Sprite looks Kick Ass!
I like how it looks so far!
Oh,
BOL!

+Sneasel™

It's a meeee, itman!
Years
I have to redo some scripts to use a rombase, but the rombase has good tiles.

I put a banner in the first post (even though it isn't an official hack.)

I will post a map of route 1 soon, and my revision of the starting town.

Kebbles made route 1, it rocks.

Once again, if anyone can insert D/P pokemon correctly, then the job's open.
Anyone else, just say what D/P pokemon I should put in.

Back