• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Report bugs and errors in unmodified Essentials version 21

Arkadious

Developer of Fragmentum
Years
I'm looking at v17.1, and accented characters in move/ability descriptions definitely DO display properly.

I just redownloaded it and yeah, you're right. Go figure. I must've touched something without realising.
Edit: I found out what it was, I'd accidentally changed the encoding of the Abilities PBS file. Didn't even realise that could even affect it.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 19, 2023
Unmodified v17.2

PScreen_Summary, line 559 is missing a "_" character (causing the game to crash when displaying Page 2 of the summary of a Pokemon which uses this line of code)

mapname = _INTL("Faraway place") if !mapname || mapname==""

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Aug 31, 2023
unmodded 17.2
when cathing gensect and keldo it provides an error

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 22, 2021
Hi, I am new in this forum. I am currently using version 17.1 though I tweak some items, skills and abilities and global switches. There seems to be a glitch when after I defeated all the opponent pokemon in a double battle, the battle still continue.

Please help, heres the image in the document (hope it can display) after I defeat the opponents. I could not escape the battle as I forced this battle to be unescapable and uncatchable. I allow this battle to be able to win or lose this match. If I lose, everything goes well as I planned. But, if win this happens.

There is also no error message or debug message unless if I attack. An error display no target observed and then the battle continues.

Spoiler:

Attachments

• battle continue glitch.docx
    206.5 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen yesterday
The line 'textpos.push(["Cost: $#{pbDayCareCost(i)}",8+i*Graphics.width/2,y,0,base,shadow])' crashes the game, since there is no pbDayCareCost. You can access this crash depositing a pokémon on Day Care using debug.

The phrase: "Do you want to delete the save file and start anew?".

A very small detail: The text saying "None" about a pokémon item on summary was a different color on eggs. The label is a little mispositioned too.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Aug 31, 2023
quick update to the caputre error it looks like the bug seems to be somewere within the battle generating code or something because if you give the player one of the erroneous pokemon they can use that pokemon in a battle but if you capture a wild pokemon that pokemon is unusable

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 5, 2024
I'm getting this error after capturing a Shaymin with a Master Ball

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen yesterday
is there any news on how to fix the crash error caused by capturing certain multiple form pokemon such as genesect and deerling

reported here
https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=9813994#post9813994

I'm getting this error after capturing a Shaymin with a Master Ball

Spoiler:

Fortunately, This is a known issue that has a fix.
https://essentialsdocs.wikia.com/d/p/3100000000000000033/r/3085673425470174620
If the link doesn't work correctly, look at Maruno's reply.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 26, 2023
In my version off 17.2 that i downloaded electric pokemon can be paralyzed... it seems to not get fix in pokebattler_battleeffects since even if i copy paste that script into a project that paralysis works fine it will keep working the same way...
So what's going on?
EDIT: I edit to say that USENEWBATTLEMECHANICS was in false in settings. All ok now.

Last edited:
Years
[Pokémon Essentials version 17.2]
Exception: NoMethodError
Pokemon_Forms:483
Pokemon_Forms:482:in `call'
Pokemon_Forms:95:in `call'
Pokemon_Forms:7:in `form'
Pokemon_Forms:28:in `fSpecies'
PokeBattle_Pokemon:850:in `baseStats'
PokeBattle_Pokemon:886:in `calcStats'
PokeBattle_Pokemon:967:in `__mf_initialize'
Pokemon_Forms:43:in `initialize'
PSystem_PokemonUtilities:79:in `new'

Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Jan 15, 2024
[Pokémon Essentials version 17.2]
Code:
Exception: NoMethodError
Pokemon_Forms:483
Pokemon_Forms:482:in `call'
Pokemon_Forms:95:in `call'
Pokemon_Forms:7:in `form'
Pokemon_Forms:28:in `fSpecies'
PokeBattle_Pokemon:850:in `baseStats'
PokeBattle_Pokemon:886:in `calcStats'
PokeBattle_Pokemon:967:in `__mf_initialize'
Pokemon_Forms:43:in `initialize'
PSystem_PokemonUtilities:79:in `new'

this doesn't seem like a base essentials error. This seems like an error done based on incorrect coding. What does the specific block say?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 29, 2024
Uh, what?

Julio means you have this thread that appears to be discussing the exact same error that you posted here, and because this is an error that was caused by modifying Essentials' code it doesn't belong in this thread (this thread is only for errors that occur without changing any code).

Years
Spoiler:

So Vendily help me to fix it, with the code:

Code:
So I've never really done this stuff before, but around here-ish (Line 782 in PScreen_Mart)
[CODE]
pbDisplayPaused(_INTL("Turned over the {1} and received ${2}.",itemname,pbCommaNumber(price)))
You'll want to stick in
Code:
@scene.pbRefresh
But, we are not done yet. In class PokemonMart_Scene, replace this method.
Code:
  def pbRefresh
    if !@subscene
      itemwindow=@sprites["itemwindow"]
      @sprites["icon"].item=itemwindow.item
      @sprites["itemtextwindow"].text=(itemwindow.item==0) ? _INTL("Quit shopping.") :
         @adapter.getDescription(itemwindow.item)
      itemwindow.refresh
    else # This line is new
      @subscene.pbRefresh # So is this one
    end
    @sprites["moneywindow"].text=_INTL("Money:\n<r>${1}",pbCommaNumber(@adapter.getMoney))
  end
[/CODE]

Last edited:
Back