• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Have you ever fasted?

Years
Fasting is a willing abstinence or reduction from some or all food, drink, or both, for a period of time. An absolute fast or dry fasting is normally defined as abstinence from all food and liquid for a defined period, usually a period of 24 hours, or a number of days.

Have you ever fasted? If so, why did you fast and how did it make you feel?

Years
I've had to fast for blood tests a few times and I basically didn't eat for two months whilst I was at my sickest. Not pleasant.

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
I mean, for blood work, sure, but I only needed an 8 hour fast, which happens to be the amount of time I sleep, so I went to sleep, woke up, got my blood work, and went on with my food eating day.

Honest

Hi!
Years
Every year for 30 days. In the Islamic calendar, Ramadan is a month where those who are healthy fast from sunrise to sunset. Depending on when Ramadan falls (Islam follows the lunar calendar, and therefore shifts ever year), this can range from being only a few hours long in the winter to over 14 hours in the summer.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
Years
I've only done it a few times, all for blood work. I was prepared to do it a few times because I was a poor university student, but I always managed to find something. xD

Years
I did just the other day, for 24 hours.

A friend was telling me about a book she read, from a doctor who worked with Type 2 diabetes patients and had a theory that insulin resistance from frequent eating was causing a lot of people to have too much fat (insulin becoming fat when too much is created by the body to compensate for the resistance). Supposedly you can easily go 24 or 36 hours without eating once or twice a week without any ill effects as long as you make sure you still drink water and don't feel dizzy or anything. It's supposed to help you reset your "default" weight.

Don't know if I'll go for long periods again, but the idea of reducing the number of meals or snacks I eat in a day to keep my insulin spikes down seems like a good idea so I'll probably try to keep to eating with an 8- or 10-hour window.

Years
I fasted with a friend during Ramadan to see what it was like. Although I only fasted for around 12 hours (sunrise to sunset), it was pretty hard for me. I couldn't really find anything to repress the feeling of hunger. It definitely made me respect the act of fasting during Ramadan a lot more than I did before.

Last edited:

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 20, 2023
Nope, never. People who wanna do that for whatever reason can torture themselves all they want, but I'd die without food ;_;

Years
I fasted with a friend during Ramadan to see what it was like. Although I only fasted for around 12 hours (sunrise to sunset), it was pretty hard for me. I couldn't really find anything to repress the feeling of hunger. It definitely made me respect the act of sting during Ramadan a lot more than I did before.

I like people like you.
More people need to be open to shit like that.

/end off-topic comment

blue

gucci
Years
I did for like 20+ hours when I had a long day at college and left my wallet at home and would skip breakfast. Happened on a couple of occasions tbh.

Cariad

world.search(you);
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Oct 25, 2023
used to purposefully fast a lot when i was more concerned abt my body image, and a few times when i was younger during lent. now i'll only do it if i have a blood test or if i'm seriously concerned about how much i've been eating.

Years
I haven't eat anything at all for couple of days when i had a strong fever, before Christmas, I had no apetite, it ended up with my blood pressure jumping significantly for a moment.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 8, 2024
I did because I was poor and thought i was fat. A really bad situation. Please get help if you find yourself in this situation

Raffy98

[color=#2d9bce][b][span="font-family: 'century got
Years
I really don't do it that often, only for blood tests or something similar, I can't stay without food for long periods of time. :P

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
Years
only fast when I sleep.

when I wake up, I immediately break my fast.

DmitritheDitto

Ditto Fanclub
Years
As a hindu i fast alot,During Divali(our celebration)and our prayer i do.So fasting is a normal thing for me.I can go days without meat trust me(im fasting from September 4th to almost the ending of October)Once you get into eating no meat its not that terrible sometimes i forgot that there is meat in the world.I also have to read the back labels of snacks to check for eggs or any meat items.

string555

Banned
Years
Not really on purpose, but some days I only eat dinner. Other days I eat everything in sight. Not sure why it's like that? >:/

Back