• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: YAPE (Yet Another Pokemon Editor)

Years
  • Seen May 9, 2010
Ok after reading through the forms it seems this is the best program for pokemon editting...but i have an issue with just openning it. When i try to run it, it says that it is not a vaild Win32 application. I didn't see anybody else with the prob and just wanted to know how to fix it. I'm new and would like help thanks!

Years
  • Seen Oct 31, 2013
how do i edit evolutions?
everytime i try and play the rom it never works it goes to the evolution screen and does a cancel and says ...?

Years
  • Seen Nov 26, 2023
I would appreciate the help if someone could help me.

When I add a custom sprite and replace a pokemon with it, then say make a pokemon like Charizard evolve at a certain level. He ends up trying to evolve but stops and doesn't evolve and at the end the message goes

...?

any clue as to what's up with that? Thanks for any help I can get.

EDIT: I'm using Fire Red btw.

Has anyone figured this out? I could use this info.

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
Has anyone figured this out? I could use this info.

This is not a problem with YAPE, this is a script problem...

You ever play FireRed or Leaf Green before? Well, You CAN'T evolve Pokemon to a Non-Kanto Dex form (Like Golbat to Crobat, or Onyx to Steelix) Without the National Dex.

Please ask your question in the simple questions thread, but you should know, you need to know a bit of scripting to make it work... Just a little, but still...

Years
  • Seen Jul 3, 2013
Won't work...!

Hello guys,

I downloaded YAPE from a bounch of sources and alla of the different ones had the followiing message when I tried to run the program:

YAPE.exe - .NET Framework Initialization Error
To run this application, you first must install one of the following versions of the .NET Framework: v2.0.50727
Contact your application publisher for isntructions about obtaining the appropriate version of the .NET Framework

I know what I have to do but I wonder if I SHOULD it. Is there any chance i will damage something in my Net Framework or something?

Hope I hear some answers because I really want to use this editor... :D

Years
  • Seen Aug 6, 2009
please can you make something exactly the same for diamond and pearl?
I need to be able to change the name, evolution, picture, type, moves and pokedex entry for my DS game!
thanks!

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
Hello guys,

I downloaded YAPE from a bounch of sources and alla of the different ones had the followiing message when I tried to run the program:

YAPE.exe - .NET Framework Initialization Error
To run this application, you first must install one of the following versions of the .NET Framework: v2.0.50727
Contact your application publisher for isntructions about obtaining the appropriate version of the .NET Framework

I know what I have to do but I wonder if I SHOULD it. Is there any chance i will damage something in my Net Framework or something?

Hope I hear some answers because I really want to use this editor... :D

What YAPE is telling you is that you need to update your .NET framework. This is an overall good thing to do with your computer, since the .NET framework adds stability to your system... and allows for usage of programs made with VB.NET.

Master Terrador

Mostly Dead
Years
I'm sry but I get this message often...InvalidArgument=Value of "0" is not valid for "Selectedindex..."Then it closes...How Do I fix this...If you can...

+Roxas+

God Of Umbreon
Years
  • Seen Oct 11, 2009
can you add an evolution to a pokemon for example eevee has 7 evolutions?

Master Terrador

Mostly Dead
Years
+~Dark Umbreon~+ said:
can you add an evolution to a pokemon for example eevee has 7 evolutions?

Yes...You go to Evolutions...Select how you want them to evolve...And click Add...Its pretty simple...:)

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
I'm sry but I get this message often...InvalidArgument=Value of "0" is not valid for "Selectedindex..."Then it closes...How Do I fix this...If you can...

This happens when you try to make something set to 0, cause if you read the error message, it tells you, 0 is not valid.

What do you edit when it tells you this error?

FinalZero

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 13, 2016
Just tried it, theres a Max of 5 evolutions, ><
Now, shouldn't there be a way to change the pointers so Eevee's points to two places earlier, and the pokemon before it points to two places earlier also?, thus allowing Eevee to have 7 evolutions? I'm not even sure if that list/table of evolutions uses pointers though, but I know it surely isn't a list offset by 0xFF, 0x00, etc. There's not much one can do if the game is programmed to read the evolutions without pointers, such as to move however many hex bytes each time to get to the next pokemon's list of evolutions. I'll look into this deeper when I get my desktop working again...

Also, whoever mentioned egg moves earlier in this thread, I'll have a tool out that edits them within a week. (I would be done with the program now, but my desktop just died recently, so yeah...) Thank you very much for the info on how to change them; it was info that I was looking for quite a while for.

Last edited:

NatureKeeper

*Please check picture attachment*

It has been clear to me that YAPE 0.9 isn't working for me. Some old downloaded YAPE 0.9s, both bearing both logos (red-circled and green-circled) respectively (I believe the one with red circle is corrupted, the one with the Pokeball logo has no excuse :P). And another one I downloaded from WAH Today, and It gave me 'not a vaild Win32 application'

Last edited:
Back