• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen [Spoiler]Returning Characters (Speculation)

Cello

Tonight!
Years
It has been done numerous times in past Pokemon games, and with new games on the horizon there is a strong possibility we may get to meet back up with past characters once more, whether they just have dialogue or they're a hidden battle within the game.
In B/W we had a number of cameos, particularly character from D/P/Pt such as Cynthia and Looker.

So, two years later in Unova do you think there are any characters that will make a cameo appearance within the game in some way?
Who do you think would make an interesting cameo?

Unfortunately we do not have a lot to go off of at the moment, but B/W has left a couple of hints here and there at things to come.
I know this has been brought this up numerous times here at PC, but Cynthia had some very interesting dialogue in B/W during the summer, stating:
"Once every few years, the Champions of each region gather and compete to see who is the strongest! An interesting idea, don't you agree?"

Being a couple years later, do you think this is a sign of things to come?

blue

gucci
Years
The characters I can see or would like to see are the likes of Cynthia, Alder, Steven, Professor Juniper etc. All those who were in Black & White originally and a couple of main characters in previous games, it would be nice to see some old faces. Also your quote is interesting and the fact that she said it must mean something, it must have some sort of purpose so this could well be the time it happens.

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
Years
Maybe Looker can return again, to try and stop whoever is trying to maybe control Kyurem?
Also, Hilda and Hilbert as a "Red" type thing (I know this has been said a million times but still)

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
Since the games are taking place two years since the events of Black and White, I would think that Cynthia would be off in another region or back in Sinnoh. Then again, this is Pokémon so she still might be in that one room in Undella Town.

I would also like to see Looker make a return simply because I like him mixed into the plot.

Cheren and Bianca should definitely make a reappearance along with the main protagonists, even if they were to play a small role. I do wish that Cheren would be the champion of Unova or at least part of the Elite Four. It would even be nice to see him as a Gym Leader, like Green in GSC!

As for Bianca, I could picture her as Professor Juniper's assistant, but that's to say if Juniper is even in the game (which I hope she is).

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
I would think that Cynthia would stay away (she was in Undella Town btw), simply because it's so much later and whatnot.

I would LIKE to see Bianca in some sort of research position. Possibly as a part of Akuroma's plan (while she stay ignorant as to what is actually going on), or maybe her own independent research.
Cheren should most definitely be there. I mean, those two, plus the other two protagonists from B/W, couldn't have just DROPPED off of the face of the Earth in just two years, right?

Seeing the people from the Ferris Wheel would be fun to have again. <3
Especially the Ace Trainer who's scared out of his WITS. He was so cute. <333

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I wanna see Cheren/Bianca now as you guys said, plus N (pleeeeeaaase, the games will be so much better with him in it ;;), and Alder making an appearance. Otherwise I'd like to see a brand new Unova, although I still have a feeling Burgh and Elesa will be returning.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I'll like to see N appear too, they have to explain some things about Plasma still. Oh and the Shadow triad...I need to know if they are the gym trio or not!

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
I'll like to see N appear too, they have to explain some things about Plasma still. Oh and the Shadow triad...I need to know if they are the gym trio or not!
Haha, this. Black and White left us at a cliffhanger at the end, and I want the whole N/Ghetsis conflict to come to one final end. If they don't make a reappearance I might cry. :[

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I forgot to add Ghetsis...I'm kind of concern that we have little sign of Plasma returning so far...I hope they hint at N returning in the next corocoro...if they don't finish the cliff hanger than GF would've wasted a perfectly good story :(

Livewire_

Knight of Three
Years
Ghetsis is probably a given. As for the other sages and N, I'm not sure.

Having all the past Champions would be insane, lol.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Oh and the Shadow triad...I need to know if they are the gym trio or not!

They probably won't be confirming that. XD; I'm sure they'd rather leave that for us to speculate :3

Oh right, I also want to see Charles the Heartbreaker ;__; I hope he didn't perish since he stood around where the craters were. I'd like to see him with a wife, actually. :)

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
Ghetsis is probably a given. As for the other sages and N, I'm not sure.

Having all the past Champions would be insane, lol.
If Ghetsis returns and N doesn't, I'd be pretty mad! They have an unfinished story to end together, and I'm expecting some kind of showdown between the two, haha. N and Ghetsis should both return, if not I don't think it would make as much sense for just one to. Ghetsis escaped and his lesson wasn't learned, but I'd like for N to either destroy him or show him what he's all about.

Years
Cheren and Bianca should definitely make a reappearance along with the main protagonists, even if they were to play a small role. I do wish that Cheren would be the champion of Unova or at least part of the Elite Four. It would even be nice to see him as a Gym Leader, like Green in GSC!

As for Bianca, I could picture her as Professor Juniper's assistant, but that's to say if Juniper is even in the game (which I hope she is).

I'd love to see Cheren, Bianca and Professor Juniper reappear.

100% agreed with Kaori.

Asuf

Dragon Tamer
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 24, 2012
I would like to see team Plasma back in action, or maybe another team? Past champions would be a great addition, I'm keen to find out what happened to N but I doubt they will continue off his story, he ran away and that's that. Also I wonder if the Hero/Heroine in Black/White will make an appearance?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022

They probably won't be confirming that. XD; I'm sure they'd rather leave that for us to speculate :3

Oh right, I also want to see Charles the Heartbreaker ;__; I hope he didn't perish since he stood around where the craters were. I'd like to see him with a wife, actually. :)

*GASP
How could I forget Charles?! DDD:
I want him to have his own little building where he trains people in the art of triple/rotation battling, and maybe he's settled down with a foxy lady or something!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Yesss, or maybe even be running his own romance camp or something lol, and and and... members of the Black Empoleon! Although they were small, I'd like to see them take over the west of Unova and have a little backstory.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Oh gosh I forgot about those little bridge trolls. Bring them on! I'll take them down again! D<
But they were funny, I'd like to see them have taken over a town, but in a sense that they learned a lesson from the protagonist in Black and White, and now they own the town financially and help everyone have a job and money and food on the table and d'awwwww. c':
I could see them being in the town that the Poison Gym leader is in, actually.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
If Charles does make an appearance, it better be in the Accelguard costume. xD;

As for Ghetsis, I wouldn't rule it out - I mean, if he had learnt his lesson I don't think they would have mentioned an escape, they'd have just left him in a cell somewhere. As for the Shadow Triad, I kind of feel like I'm expecting the whole triplets uncover (if they are infact the triplets) but then there's that whole mysterious side they have, and I'd love to see them in a new region/game. But then I still wouldn't mind it in these games either. Gah!

I don't mind seeing Cynthia again, I mean, she is my favourite Champion - but there wouldn't really be a point of sticking her again would there?

I could definitely see Looker making an appearance, I mean - why not? He could probably mention more on N, maybe another sighting or something. Whether or not we'll see N in these games I don't know though, but when Looker mentioned "Distant Land" I don't think that meant another close region, but more or less another continent. (maybe the Kanto/Johto/Hoenn/Sinnoh area idk)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
^I'm hoping they'd even go as far as letting us battle Looker! Sure he only had a Croagunk in Platinum, but it's been years since then, maybe he has a full fledged team now!

I really wouldn't see the point of sticking Cynthia back in except for just pleasing the fans, which is basically what she was for in Black and White. Really, she's overextended her stay, and needs to go home. lol

Ghetsis I wouldn't rule out, but I don't think he's evil. Maybe he escaped so he can figure out wtf it is he wants to do for the rest of his life that doesn't involve taking over the world, and instead wishes to help it!

Back